• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The character generation lobby thing sounds awesome.

Randomised loot... ehh. I dunno about that. It's a really thin line between needless busywork and completely gamebreaking. It'll be interesting to see how XCOM 2 handles it.
The framerate looks kinda rough in the QLEX.

Since it's a preview build, I'd chalk it up to loading/streaming imperfections. Though on the other hand, they delayed XCOM 2 for a reason.

Speaking of the visuals, the characters looked great. I wish GB had let them show off soldier customisation more--they clearly wanted to.

Uniquely accented voices is all kinds of hype.

Since it's a preview build, I'd chalk it up to loading/streaming imperfections. Though on the other hand, they delayed XCOM 2 for a reason.

I'd imagine by now they're on the shipping build, or at least I hope, unless they're going digital only and can get away without printing anything.

Huh, if it's not on consoles maybe they could actually get away with it. But three weeks would still be a super tiny deadline.

I'd imagine by now they're on the shipping build, or at least I hope, unless they're going digital only and can get away without printing anything.

Huh, if it's not on consoles maybe they could actually get away with it. But three weeks would still be a super tiny deadline.

No, I mean, they specifically mentioned it was a preview build early in the video.

Jintor

Long War voice packs were the fucking bomb

you know how cool it is to have a singaporean english heavy save the day? fucking cool, that's how cool it is.

X-Com 2 Ironman kind of seems like the natural step of the next PROJECT BEAST

They get to the mun and unleash aliens. fast forward x years and now Project BEAST must head the heroic resistance. It writes itself

Is there any chance of a Dragon's Dogma QL pre-release? 'Cause I'm fiending for it.
X-Com 2 Ironman kind of seems like the natural step of the next PROJECT BEAST

Everything in XCOM 2 is a nightmare. I don't know how they'd manage it.

Alex should be at the controls. His sardonic nature would suit the XCOM universe well.

That rescue mission in the QLEX had the kind of emergent dramatic madness that XCOM is so damn good at. The failed cell break-in, the miracle wall opening, the mad dash for the rescue zone,
Duff's noble sacrifice
. So psyched for this one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, I've been thinking that I won't get X-com 2 because it'll get in the way of persona 5, but then I can't remember why I expect persona 5 to release so soon.

Was there any indication that Persona 5 is releasing early 2016 or am I making up dates from my crazed delusion?

You know, I've been thinking that I won't get X-com 2 because it'll get in the way of persona 5, but then I can't remember why I expect persona 5 to release so soon.

Was there any indication that Persona 5 is releasing early 2016 or am I making up dates from my crazed delusion?

The official estimate from the Atlus US twitter account when it was announced it was delayed into 2016 was "summer"

Jintor

you just can't wait for acid jazz meguro

Tubobutts

The Johnny V episode of Cake Wars is on. They pronounced his name correctly.

This show is edited weirdly.

I don't know if I can keep watching this. I want to know if they were feeding JV his lines.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That was a really good QLEX. The tale of Duff was really something.

I ought to finish Invisible, Inc. before XCOM is out.

It's hilarious that they are keeping the narrative stuff so close to the chest when it's things like "Duff the swordsman" that actually last for the XCOM stories.

I'm on the verge of commiting $600 to an Oculis Rift without a PC that can run it. Talk me out of it guys. >.<

Wait and choose is the best approach. With everyone and their grandmothers wanting to make a VR headset might as well wait and see which one you feel is worth it so don't rush.

I'm on the verge of commiting $600 to an Oculis Rift without a PC that can run it. Talk me out of it guys. >.<

Hold off man. Never buy first gen tech.

Let them hammer out the kinks on the hardware first by beta testing on the rubes. Wait a year and build a new PC/upgrade you old one first.

Anjin M

Hold off man. Never buy first gen tech.

Let them hammer out the kinks on the hardware first by beta testing on the rubes. Wait a year and build a new PC/upgrade you old one first.
Exactly. We have the internet's Will Smith to futz around with first gen hardware while we wait for the polished stuff.

Lunar FC

Don't buy knockoff products ;)
Oculis just sounds dirty.

Exactly. We have the internet's Will Smith to futz around with first gen hardware while we wait for the polished stuff.

I've already waited 3 years to futz around with VR, i'm kind of tired of waiting. I sort of just want that first gen experiance of messing around with something cool. But the barriers to entry are high indeed.

Jothel

Lots of my students wrote about their gunpla in one of my lessons.
Who knew 13/14 year old Japanese boys would be into that stuff eh?

yami4ct

Almost done with Hearts of Stone. Everyone's right. It's fantastic. If you enjoyed The Wticher 3 and haven't bought it, you should 100% check it out. That piece of content alone is worth the whole expansion pass for me. Given the scope of Blood and Wine, I expect it to be even better. So cool.

You're right, you could use $600 in worse ways than buying an oculus rift.

I don't think I've had more fun doing something than building the PG Unicorn Gundam. It's so good. For the price of the oculus, you could get the PG Unicorn, the Unicorn Banshee and have a ton left over for even MORE building fun.

Lunar FC

I don't think I've had more fun doing something than building the PG Unicorn Gundam. It's so good. For the price of the oculus, you could get the PG Unicorn, the Unicorn Banshee and have a ton left over for even MORE building fun.

I almost lost consciousness reading this post.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey look, I'm joking man. :p

You're talking to a guy who have spent more on audio the past few months than the costs to pay for an occulus rift and a compatible graphics card, even accounting the ludicrous Australian shipping fees. Probably with cash left over to buy some OR games too. We all have our vices.

Jothel

Almost done with Hearts of Stone. Everyone's right. It's fantastic. If you enjoyed The Wticher 3 and haven't bought it, you should 100% check it out. That piece of content alone is worth the whole expansion pass for me. Given the scope of Blood and Wine, I expect it to be even better. So cool.
Just finished the wedding bit and am about to start the house bit - how far in am I?

yami4ct

Hey look, I'm joking man. :p

You're talking to a guy who have spent more on audio the past few months to pay for a occulus rift and a compatible graphics card, even accounting the ludicrous Australian shipping fees. We all have our vices.

I know it was a joke. Still needed to play defense. Haha.

I mean, look at this thing.

1-60-PG-Unicorn-LED-Lighting-Gundam-by-Bandai.jpg-3.jpg
use2uvq0d5t0n2a2jrxu307201537500005756.jpg

Just finished the wedding bit and am about to start the house bit - how far in am I?

You're basically just a step behind me. There is the Auction House Quest, a third task and one final story quest to wrap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom