• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

feb 5 huh? Hmmm... I've stayed pretty out of the loop so far. Not out of story spoilers or something... I just want to be surprised when I start.

All I really know is snake boobs

No_Style

Did I say how much I love Project BEAST? It's so good. The build up towards that intercepting orbit and the payoff was spectacularly GiantBomb.

Jintor

wait, no controller support at launch?

god damnit. i played xcom on pc with a controller and it was rad. though i don't know if it was because their controls were really good or the pc controls were kind of irritating.

Did I say how much I love Project BEAST? It's so good. The build up towards that intercepting orbit and the payoff was spectacularly GiantBomb.

I've been watching it with my buddy who works in aerospace, he's been crying from laughter each episode. The "sweeping the floor" and the most recent moment have been his favorites so far.

It kills me that XCOM 2 doesn't have a console versipn. As it is right now I have no way to play it. 2016 is looking like a hell of a year for tactical strategy though.

Chuck

Still without luck
This week's Kerbal video is probably the hardest I've ever laughed watching GB video. Astounding,

Definitely needed that.

Hahaha Project Beast is so good. Spoiler:

NOT CLOSE
hayVEdA.png
when i rewinded to see just how close it really was after Austin freaking out i nearly burst out laughing when I saw the actual number

danm999

Austin thought it was 8 metres away didn't he?

Given he's a proud born and raised Canadian (
don't dare correct me on this anyone
) I'm gonna guess he understands the metric system and got wrapped up in the insanity that it Vinny's Kerbal schemes.

Has Neil DeGrasse Tyson played Kerbal yet? That seems like the kind of thing the internet should have made happen by now.
Hey man that anti-Bowie stuff in the wrestling topic wasn't cool.
Edit: on second thought, let's not bring that stuff here. I'm just disappointed.

lol @ Brad referencing the sexy XCOM snakepeople craze

"So there's another faction that's all over social media..."

Didn't seem like the Firaxis dudes caught on.

Joeku

wait, no controller support at launch?

god damnit. i played xcom on pc with a controller and it was rad. though i don't know if it was because their controls were really good or the pc controls were kind of irritating.

I'm with you and I'm also not sure why I prefer XCOM with a controller. Something about having overwatch on Y and the deliberateness of the cursor speed, I dunno.

Still gonna rock the fuck out of XCOM 2, but I hope controller support comes back.

danm999

The whole thing is silly. Why do the snake aliens need to have tits?

I mean sure, reptiles shouldn't have breasts because their young hatch from eggs and don't require sustenance like mammals.

But on the other hand; maybe it's finally time Firaxis tapped that Deviant art crowd.

You couldn't pace this any better. Nearly an hour of slow buildup only for them to realize how utterly impossible their plan was in the space of about two seconds. I could not stop laughing.

TraBuch

Banned
Bought Punch Club because I thought it looked fairly interesting on UPF but holy shit is this stat management terrible. Like, really bad. The Stat decrease every day really needs to be toned down.

Since I haven't seen the video yet, how far away were they actually?

About 2 kilometers. But let's be clear. It doesn't matter if they were 2 meters apart, since their two craft's relative velocities are in the kilometers per second scale in very very different directions. Any Kerbal that got off and try to grab that ladder would be splat in an instant.

About 2 kilometers. But let's be clear. It doesn't matter if they were 2 meters apart, since their two craft's relative velocities are in the kilometers per second scale in very very different directions. Any Kerbal that got off and try to grab that ladder would be splat in an instant.

yeah when someone described it as "trying to shoot a bullet with a bullet" I didn't realize at the time that they were going to be doing it... perpendicularly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom