• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Lots of my students wrote about their gunpla in one of my lessons.
Who knew 13/14 year old Japanese boys would be into that stuff eh?

i told some of my art club kids about bowie dying cos they saw one of my sketches I did yesterday. one confused him with david cameron, then they gave me a small cake made of clay.

repeater

i told some of my art club kids about bowie dying cos they saw one of my sketches I did yesterday. one confused him with david cameron, then they gave me a small cake made of clay.
Shameful. Bowie surely lead a life of various excesses, but I doubt he ever fucked a pig.

If anybody has not seen that Random PC Game: Omikron that they pushed up to the front page due to Bowie's death, give it a look. One of my favorite Random PC Game videos and a genuinely fascinating game.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So am I crazy for thinking Project Beast typically has maaaaybe 10 minutes of genuinely entertaining footage per episode? Couldn't care less for the building parts and the general cruising along space bits, generally because I just don't have a good frame of reference for that because I don't play Kerbal.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So am I crazy for thinking Project Beast typically has maaaaybe 10 minutes of genuinely entertaining footage per episode? Couldn't care less for the building parts and the general cruising along space bits, generally because I just don't have a good frame of reference for that because I don't play Kerbal.

I find it more entertaining than you do, but yeah, I tend to zone out watching it, so it's mostly in the background until i hear someone yell excitedly.

Jintor

it's a secret endurance run

yeah like whippy i put it on while i'm doing something else, usually cooking/eating/cleaning. you need all that buildup for the really exciting bits

danm999

It might depend on the episode, but I know for me the moment they realise the entire mission was a bust in the most recent one was all the better because they spent the better part of an hour getting to that point.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's an endurance run where it's like 90% of the dungeon crawling and fusion episodes though. :p

Which is fine, I like those and like KSP. But yeah. It's alright.

Jintor

i mean i actively don't know shit about ksp so i'm sure this series will only improve once i start trying to launch rockets into space. still haven't starved yet though so

It's an endurance run where it's like 90% of the dungeon crawling and fusion episodes though. :p

there was something really hypnotic about those episodes. vinny/jeff had such good banter

popo

Seeing the EX is like finding a worm in your apple. Sometimes you can cut that bit out and still enjoy the apple but it is never the same.

I'm with you. It's a neat series but I've been skimming through the last couple.

people were complaining about the people who play KSP discussing the series in detail but I feel like we're the ones enjoying it the most because we understand what's going on/failing.

Megasoum

Banned
people were complaining about the people who play KSP discussing the series in detail but I feel like we're the ones enjoying it the most because we understand what's going on/failing.

We understand how terrible a job Vinny is doing at KSP lol.

Still very entertaining (and a bit frustrating) lol.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The turn has occurred. Project Beast sucks. Why don't these Beast men just make some demo derbies or something.

I'd be so fucking happy if we got a Demo Derby every week. It's the best feature since the P4 ER. But it works because of the combination of Jeff, Dan and Drew.

As someone who has never played KSP I think it's pretty obvious that vinny is terrible at kerbal. :p

it definitely helps with the anticipation though. seeing the slow build up of bad decisions coming together to fail impressively.

also despite their complaints that that last ship was "slow," moving in atmosphere at about 300m/s is actually kind of ideal. when they go like 1200m/s and atmosphere burn leaving the atmosphere I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for everything to explode

it definitely helps with the anticipation though. seeing the slow build up of bad decisions coming together to fail impressively.
And if all of your knowledge of Kerbal comes from GB like me then there's still a lot of anticipation because I'm basically right there with them in assuming that maybe this rocket will sort of complete it's mission because the logic sounds good to me.

Jintor

whelp reign of giants introduced an overheating system and i totes died

KSP should add in VR support for the Kerbal in-cockpit view. Then, Alex would wear said VR helmet while Vinny tries over and over to get Alex into space.

literally turning alex into a kerbal is an amazing idea

Messiah

Well, I feel like the funny moments (read as: the crew's failures) wouldn't be nearly as funny if they wouldn't show the amount of planning and theorycrafting that led to them. It really is probably my favourite feature on the site right now.

I approve.

XCOM 2 continues to look really good. I am curious to see how big of a focus the story is this time around. There are certainly interesting things they can do with the XCOM being the resistance angle.

Wunder

I wonder if there will be a NG+ type mode for XCOM2 to bypass all the story stuff for future playthroughs. Maybe like an Adventure mode from Diablo 3 or something.

Messiah

I wonder if there will be a NG+ type mode for XCOM2 to bypass all the story stuff for future playthroughs. Maybe like an Adventure mode from Diablo 3 or something.

Yeah, I've been wondering as well. Being forced into the same story missions on every subsequent playthrough of XCOM1 got old really fast.

Haunted

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom