• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. Found it on /r/giantbomb. Not sure how much they want to look at that kind of stuff.

it would probably be nice if Vinny understood the nuances of liftoff vs wind resistance (and maybe a prod to consider solar power in future builds) but yeah them blundering their way through is fine

daveo42

Banned
Probably not. Found it on /r/giantbomb. Not sure how much they want to look at that kind of stuff.

I think the biggest obstacle to their last attempt was their initial orbit was much farther off than in the success story. Getting their initial orbit closer to parallel would go a long way in completing the rescue operation.

Release day got pushed to Friday I believe. Considering some reviews are already starting to hit, I hope they do the QL before then. I need my fix.
I'm hoping that the QL will push me into finally playing Dragons Dogma. I own a 360 copy of vanilla Dragons Dogma and a PS3 copy of Dark Arisen yet I've not opened either. I think the better performance will be enough to get me to try it out but Austin selling me on it would certainly help.

Myggen

I'm hoping that the QL will push me into finally playing Dragons Dogma. I own a 360 copy of vanilla Dragons Dogma and a PS3 copy of Dark Arisen yet I've not opened either. I think the better performance will be enough to get me to try it out but Austin selling me on it would certainly help.

Is it supposed to be 60fps now, or just a stable 30?

It's MT Framework, pretty sure not a single MT Framework PC release has been capped at 30 fps

DMC4 runs at like 300 FPS on my laptop lol

Its a great game if you really enjoy combat in RPGs. Its biggest problem was the performance, but now that won't be an issue on PC.

I haven't played much of it myself, but I really enjoyed what I played of it. Climbing on enemies on particular was super fun.

Noaloha

I really don't know if it's worth uploading and posting here, but a couple of hours ago tonight I recorded myself attempting the 'Docking' tutorial from KSP (which essentially just drops you into an orbit and, step by step, text-walks you through rendezvousing with a stranded vessel in a different orbit).

I (sort of) managed it, not the docking part but I did transfer a Kerbal from stranded ship to the rescue ship, but it took like 40 minutes. Would anyone actually be interested to see it though, just for the process? It's just raw capture, no commentary, a period or two of complete dead time where I'm just monopropellant thrusting for minutes on end, y'know, fun stuff.

Again, I dunno if it's worth the upload, ha. If anyone unfamiliar with Kerbal does care to skim through it, I can try throwing the file on YT.

In any case, KSP is great and orbital rendezvous as a simple puzzle to tinker with is fantastic, relaxing, super stressful.

65402-dear-god-its-beautiful-mugatu-Zmxe.gif

Its a great game if you really enjoy combat in RPGs. Its biggest problem was the performance, but now that won't be an issue on PC.

I haven't played much of it myself, but I really enjoyed what I played of it. Climbing on enemies on particular was super fun.
Sounds great to me, looking forward to the QL even more now.
Again, I dunno if it's worth the upload, ha. If anyone unfamiliar with Kerbal does care to skim through it, I can try throwing the file on YT.
I'd check that out, it would nice to have an idea of what exactly they need to do compared to what they're trying.

Noaloha

I'd check that out, it would nice to have an idea of what exactly they need to do compared to what they're trying.

Okay, I'll toss it on to Youtube, shouldn't take long. Hopefully the quality doesn't deteriorate too much. Again, don't expect anything especially riveting, but it's at least interesting I think to see the tutorial (it's a little different to the way I've seen people say it should be done, with first establishing a matching orbit).

Something about the look of XCOM 2 bugs me. I loved XCOM: Enemy Unknown but this faux future looks so off.

Didn't the devs mention that it was supposed to be an alien interpretation of what humans would want? I think it's supposed to have an alien and too-perfect look.

Going after our fantastical fetishes, humanity lost before the first shot was even fired.

XCOM 2

Now that you mention it...they also teased that the aliens were working on some kind of secret project that would instantly end the game if it reached completion. I'll just throw this out there: snakewomen with mind control. RIP Earth.

it would probably be nice if Vinny understood the nuances of liftoff vs wind resistance (and maybe a prod to consider solar power in future builds) but yeah them blundering their way through is fine
Them blundering though it is making great entertainment. I don't want to see them get to professional.

ultron87

I inappropriately giggle whenever I see That Dragon, Cancer because of that one time Austin left out the comma and said something like "next week I'm going to check out that Dragon Cancer".

Zaph

I inappropriately giggle whenever I see That Dragon, Cancer because of that one time Austin left out the comma and said something like "next week I'm going to check out that Dragon Cancer".

That dragon cancer sounds like a hearthstone deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom