• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about the look of XCOM 2 bugs me. I loved XCOM: Enemy Unknown but this faux future looks so off.

There are missions that take place in the country side and at resistance areas which look a lot different from the cityscapes in the quick look.
https://xcom.com/news/en-the-environments-of-xcom-2-wilderness
https://xcom.com/news/en-the-environments-of-xcom-2-small-town
https://xcom.com/news/en-the-environments-of-xcom-2-shanty
https://xcom.com/news/en-the-environments-of-xcom-2-slums

Noaloha

Aw, that Griffin stream just now was only a short one, ended a second ago.

His Yakuza 5 stream yesterday was great, a good hour in length and he was super goddam enthusiastic about everything happening in the game.

By the way I don't buy that the guys recording on Tuesday would be as pointless as Monday due to missing news then too.

There's rarely big news on a Saturday or Sunday but news consistently breaks on a Monday/Tuesday IMO.

Xater

By the way I don't buy that the guys recording on Tuesday would be as pointless as Monday due to missing news then too.

There's rarely big news on a Saturday or Sunday but news consistently breaks on a Monday/Tuesday IMO.

Yup, because companies love putting stuff out after the weekend is over.

yami4ct

Given how long the Bombcast is, I'm certain it'd be a difficult task on average to edit and get it out same day. We have the Beastcast now to pick up missing news. Most of the time, they tend to have more interesting discussions about it anyway.

I actually wouldn't mind it if the Bombcast pretty much dropped news entirely outside of major breaking stories. Those guys shooting the shit about life and sometimes games is what I go for.

I've been listening to The Man Who Sold The World since news of Bowie's passing broke out. Now I really want Drew to finish MGSV. They need to get back on it, seriously.

Noaloha

I'd check that out, it would nice to have an idea of what exactly they need to do compared to what they're trying.

Semi run-through of Kerbal's Docking (orbital rendezvous) tutorial.

Aaand, uploaded. I waited an extra half hour for the HD processing to complete since the text was unreadable otherwise.

I'll stress one last time, this isn't enormously entertaining video content; it drags a bit as I try to follow along, make mistakes, figure out keybindings, etc.

I think it's cool that this situation is right there in the tutorial section though. I don't think Vinny's set any rules against him using the tutorials as homework, so maybe he's already given this a shot after the big chunk they recorded pre-holidays. If he has, it should certainly help their subsequent sessions.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't understand why people are freaking out in the Rockstar thread.

Not taking anything away from Patrick's scoop. It's definitely an industry news worth talking about but other than that?

It's just a studio head leaving a studio... Not the first one nor will it be the last. Sure he was there for a while but most of studio GMs are.

Maybe I just have a different perspective on that kind of stuff since I'm seeing it from the inside but anyway.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Not taking anything away from Patrick's scoop. It's definitely an industry news worth talking about but other than that?

It's just a studio head leaving a studio... Not the first one nor will it be the last. Sure he was there for a while but most of studio GMs are.

Maybe I just have a different perspective on that kind of stuff since I'm seeing it from the inside but anyway.

You'd hope that after so long and with such a large team that the structures and processes of production are well established. It is hard to imagine a project like GTA revolving around a single person.

Zaph

Eh, seems like a pretty expected reaction to a veteran lead leaving a flagship studio. It's not an especially OTT freak out like some Naughty Dog shit went down.

He was the lead driving force behind the games though, like in a hands on way. It's pretty big in that sense, it's not like Rockstar are going to implode but you can't understate his influence on the series IMO.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Goddamn I hope the bomb crew plays more witcher. I finally - over 200 hrs later - finished and damn.... I think I got the best ending in terms of what I wanted to happen. Incredible game, you could say GOTY. #justiceforgeralt

kiguel182

I hate the fact that because of the suspende and resume feature I have no idea how much time I've put into the game.

I'm still far from finishing it but I wish I knew how much time I've put into it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I hate the fact that because of the suspende and resume feature I have no idea how much time I've put into the game.

I'm still far from finishing it but I wish I knew how much time I've put into it.

yes that really annoys me. My number was a vague guess given that I've been playing it consistently since its release

yami4ct

I know there are other McElroy aficionados here. Finishing up this week's MBMBaM.

Their answer to that utilities question was crazy.

Fevaweva

Bros, is the Video Buddy app broken for anyone else? I have a new phone and I am unable to link my boxee code to it.

Also my Boxee code keeps changing whenever I refresh the page. Is this normal?

Bros, is the Video Buddy app broken for anyone else? I have a new phone and I am unable to link my boxee code to it.

Also my Boxee code keeps changing whenever I refresh the page. Is this normal?

I had issues when they were changing up API stuff, but I don't see any indication they're doing that now. Regardless, yes the Boxee code will change whenever you refresh.

This QLEX is the first thing I've seen of XCOM 2 and man does it look great.

I'm excited to play it as well. I only saw the first 20ish minutes of the QLEX, but I don't see why they're throwing out controller support. It's interface seems very similar to the original and I prefer to play PC games on the couch nowadays when possible.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It looks really fun, but I hope the framerate in the final build is a bit more stable and that there isn't a friggin' mind control/resurrection alien on every single mission.

Based on that QLEX it looks like the Sectoid doesn't have the ability to always mind control. It looks like it does a thing to you, and there is a chance that thing MCs you, a chance it panicks you, and a chance it does nothing. Separately he can zombie-res someone. Thank goodness, when you kill them the zombies die and your controlled friends return too, if not that would be some real bullshit.

I like the Aliens being more challenging. Especially since they added those human opponents as well. Now the Sectoids don't have to be the grunt troops.

danm999

I'm excited to play it as well. I only saw the first 20ish minutes of the QLEX, but I don't see why they're throwing out controller support. It's interface seems very similar to the original and I prefer to play PC games on the couch nowadays when possible.

Sounds like something they are going to add subsequently based on how the developer spoke about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom