• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fevaweva

I had issues when they were changing up API stuff, but I don't see any indication they're doing that now. Regardless, yes the Boxee code will change whenever you refresh.

Ok at least that answers one question. It is really odd though, I type in the exact code and it just says "Link Failed Please check your code and try again" when I know I put it in correctly.

How annoying.

EDIT: It is also happening on Luchadeer. Is there something up with Giant Bomb's boxee codes or am I a massive idiot?

Based on that QLEX it looks like the Sectoid doesn't have the ability to always mind control. It looks like it does a thing to you, and there is a chance that thing MCs you, a chance it panicks you, and a chance it does nothing. Separately he can zombie-res someone. Thank goodness, when you kill them the zombies die and your controlled friends return too, if not that would be some real bullshit.

I like the Aliens being more challenging. Especially since they added those human opponents as well. Now the Sectoids don't have to be the grunt troops.

Challenging is one thing, but I would like to echo Brad's sentiment that enemies that can res other dead enemies are bullshit and unfun.

Ok at least that answers one question. It is really odd though, I type in the exact code and it just says "Link Failed Please check your code and try again" when I know I put it in correctly.

How annoying.

EDIT: It is also happening on Luchadeer. Is there something up with Giant Bomb's boxee codes or am I a massive idiot?

Exact same behavior I ran into with the API stuff. They're probably doing something behind-the-scenes. Try again in a couple hours maybe? Or ask Rorie.

Moldiver

Finished Life is Strange last night, that game was great.
AdiBPrO.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Challenging is one thing, but I would like to echo Brad's sentiment that enemies that can res other dead enemies are bullshit and unfun.

Not gonna argue because you are right. I think that it won't be so bad. If it sucks I will be sad, but since I'm not pre-ordering the game or anything, I'll know if it sucks before I buy it.

Remember the days when Ryan edited the podcast and it would sometimes not come out till like 10pm PST... We have all been spoiled by Brads timeliness.

Hey

Does the Shovel Knight PS4 retail edition come with a code for the Vita version?

I cant for the life of me find a answer. I kind of want it to add to the collection but I really want to play on Vita.

jaina

Hey

Does the Shovel Knight PS4 retail edition come with a code for the Vita version?

I cant for the life of me find a answer. I kind of want it to add to the collection but I really want to play on Vita.
maybe check whether the retail disc has the "cross-buy" sticker: http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/crossbuy/ ?
otherwise the cross-buy only applies to digital Shovel Knight

edit: Now I doubt the PS4 has the "disc benefits" option mentioned in the PS3 article

Listening to the last Beastcast and got to the point where Austin was talking about MechWarrior Online, which led to this:

@austin_walker You should do a MechWarrior Online QL, never done by GB, just a short UPF segment. Plus it just recently launched on Steam.

@ThreePiMatt Funny you say that

repeater

Hey

I do not know, but I seriously doubt it. Hardly ANY third party retail games have been crossbuy between PS4/PS3 and Vita.

jaina

Dan is late to the party, the GAF thread about the cheap Tom Nooks is days old and I'm surprised there are still any left.
He's not amiibo crazy yet.

I know there are other McElroy aficionados here. Finishing up this week's MBMBaM.

Their answer to that utilities question was crazy.

What's the issue? Unless you are good friends with the roommate no way in hell would you change the split for one month. Maybe if you are moving out a month before them, that makes sense. Otherwise way too big an ask to save like 50$

yami4ct

What's the issue? Unless you are good friends with the roommate no way in hell would you change the split for one month. Maybe if you are moving out a month before them, that makes sense. Otherwise way too big an ask to save like 50$

I had a bigger problem with their rent analogy. Rent is a constant. Of course you split that if you aren't there. If you left the place vacant, you wouldn't be paying utilities. They have a direct tie between cost and usage.

Like you said, I wouldn't push it to save like $50. If you were out for multiple months, that would be a different story. I just think their analogy was awful.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, up until very recently I thought Massive Chalice was like, only the bloodline component of that game. I thought it was more like Crusader Kings 2 than anything else. I didn't realize that the actual...game was like XCOM. So it's basically XCOM meets Crusader Kings lite, and that seems pretty dope?

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, up until very recently I thought Massive Chalice was like, only the bloodline component of that game. I thought it was more like Crusader Kings 2 than anything else. I didn't realize that the actual...game was like XCOM. So it's basically XCOM meets Crusader Kings lite, and that seems pretty dope?

I almost got that game like 3 times, but each time I remembered "Oh but XCOM 2 is soon so I'll just wait for that."

XCOM meets Worms is a better mix though...
Steamworld Heist

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I almost got that game like 3 times, but each time I remembered "Oh but XCOM 2 is soon so I'll just wait for that."

I played it. It was really really OK. I wasn't disappointed, but it really felt like that game was rushed. The lack of budget showed IMO. The core of the gameplay is pretty fun (easily enough for me to get though to the end of the game), but I had no desire to keep playing or try anything other than the strategy that worked for me. I think you are taking the right move by waiting for (Se)XCOM 2.

TraBuch

Banned
Seriously though, person who mentioned it earlier that I can't be bothered to go back and see who, is Griffin McElroy's stream of Yakuza 5 archived anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom