• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mpyjjlOmtL1qhlm6bo1_500.png

yami4ct

I played it. It was really really OK. I wasn't disappointed, but it really felt like that game was rushed. The lack of budget showed IMO. The core of the gameplay is pretty fun (easily enough for me to get though to the end of the game), but I had no desire to keep playing or try anything other than the strategy that worked for me. I think you are taking the right move by waiting for (Se)XCOM 2.

Masive Chalice always seemed to me like a game with really cool concepts that in no way could ever be explored fully on a KS budget. It sure seemed like it turned out that way.

Lijik

Hey yall i just caught up on all 5 eps of project BEAST today, man what a series what a series.

Surely the bombcast is uploaded now, right?
right?

jaina

Seriously though, person who mentioned it earlier that I can't be bothered to go back and see who, is Griffin McElroy's stream of Yakuza 5 archived anywhere?
he doesn't seem to keep twitch archives or upload to his youtube channel. I believe it's lost, unless Noaloha has more info to share.
Sure is frightening when something vanishes from the internet.

It's days like this that makes me appreciate the Beastcast going up at the same time every week.

It's almost like traditional East Coast business practices are better than this soft-ass namby pamby do whatever you feel like west coast silicon valley BULLSHIT

where's the 'CAST, BRAD?

yami4ct

It's almost like traditional East Coast business practices are better than this soft-ass namby pamby do whatever you feel like west coast silicon valley BULLSHIT

where's the 'CAST, BRAD?

Hey. You can't blame the Bombcast duders for wanting to DISRUPT the antiquated idea of a schedule.

Jintor

I know there are other McElroy aficionados here. Finishing up this week's MBMBaM.

Their answer to that utilities question was crazy.

that fucking british bake off skit they did at the beginning literally had me laughing like a madman in the local supermarket. griffin fucking carried that bit so hard

Tubobutts

Amazons 20% off thing is making it even harder to decide if I should just preorder Fire Emblem or keep hoping they restock the SE.

Also please hurry Brad, I need the bombcast before it gets dark.

Aw I just saw his pigs are sick, that might be a factor. :(

I know how that feels, those are some shitty medications to administer and lots of worry. Plus pigs can go downhill real fast without you even realising.

yami4ct

Amazons 20% off thing is making it even harder to decide if I should just preorder Fire Emblem or keep hoping they restock the SE.

Also please hurry Brad, I need the bombcast before it gets dark.

I mean, you could just order it now and cancel if they restock. They don't charge until they ship.

If you can get money off the SE, it's absolutely the way to go in the end. You can't get a discount on the 3rd route DLC any other way.

When I was in Japan back in October I had the option of either going to see Hall & Oates or Whitesnake in concert. I saw Whitesnake.

I have no idea what I would pick.

Hall & Oates are the kinda group I liked a whole lot of songs from before I even knew they were from Hall & Oates. There was some point I did not know Maneater and Out of Touch were from the same people

I guess if I was going to a concert I would hope they would not play a whole lot of new stuff. I don't think I have listened to much Hall & Oates post 90s. They nailed the whole jazz, pop, rock thing during the 80s though.

Tubobutts

I mean, you could just order it now and cancel if they restock. They don't charge until they ship.

If you can get money off the SE, it's absolutely the way to go in the end. You can't get a discount on the 3rd route DLC any other way.

The only problem with that is I'm using a gift card and that's given me problems with canceled orders in the past. I think they charge the gift card immediately.

yami4ct

The only problem with that is I'm using a gift card and that's given me problems with canceled orders in the past. I think they charge the gift card immediately.

I've gotten automatic refunds in the past when I canceled GC orders, but I can see the issue.

Amazon deal seems permanent and I kind of doubt regular Fire Emblem is going to sell out. You could just wait to see if they restock the SE and order close to launch if they don't. You'll get the 20% off as long you preorder or buy within 2 weeks.

Alfredo

I need the Bombcast so that I have something to listen to and drown out the misery when I go out and get food and eat by myself.

I have no idea what I would pick.

Hall & Oates are the kinda group I liked a whole lot of songs from before I even knew they were from Hall & Oates. There was some point I did not know Maneater and Out of Touch were from the same people

I guess if I was going to a concert I would hope they would not play a whole lot of new stuff. I don't think I have listened to much Hall & Oates post 90s. They nailed the whole jazz, pop, rock thing during the 80s though.

Once I met Oates with a friend and he couldn't name a single song. Afterwards I played some tracks and he recognized most from movies and various pop culture. Half of which he originally believed were by Wham.

Tubobutts

I've gotten automatic refunds in the past when I canceled GC orders, but I can see the issue.

Amazon deal seems permanent and I kind of doubt regular Fire Emblem is going to sell out. You could just wait to see if they restock the SE and order close to launch if they don't. You'll get the 20% off as long you preorder or buy within 2 weeks.

Yeah, that's what I'm planning. I also have the problem of wanting it all on one cart since I never upgraded from the default memory card.

totowhoa

Banned

where's the 'CAST, BRAD?

Beast beats West.

This is seriously one of the only podcasts I listen that has no schedule though lol. It's so annoying. I was I could rely on it arriving at X time for my commute; I'd work a little longer on Tuesdays or whatever if I could rely on it.

Anyway... since I've never been "that guy" whining about the podcast being late before, I figure I get one freebie. Here it is. DAMMIT BRAD!

Zaph

XCOM 2 looks good but somehow it's still not enough to make a QLEX that interesting

That one dev's voice was killing me. I get it, you've probably done this demo 50 times this week, but come on dude. It was like getting blood from a stone the way the other dev had to keep prompting him. QLEX keeping it's long tradition.

I'd be too curious as to what the crowd at a japanese Whitesnake show would be, because I think Hall & Oates probably attracts more normal people.

yami4ct

Yeah, that's what I'm planning. I also have the problem of wanting it all on one cart since I never upgraded from the default memory card.

I went mostly digital with my 3DS, so I made sure to get as much memory as I could reasonably afford. Pretty sure I put 64 GBs in my new3DS (might have been 32, but 90% sure I went crazy). Nintendo's digital content policies are terrible, but nothing beats having your entire library available on a handheld.

Going with the Fire Emblem SE because I would buy all routes anyway and I'm a sucker for nice boxes and art books. Carrying pouch is a nice plus too. The new discount makes me extra glad I jumped on it.

I don't think my body has the stamina for 70+ Fire Emblem chapters. Awakening took me 60 hours and that was only 20-ish. I'm just gonna get one of the standard versions and buy the addons if I need it.

yami4ct

I would buy the CE if it was available. since it's not, I don't really want to buy any of them.

good job, marketing team

Nintendo has always been deathly afraid of overstock. If the Japanese Fire Emblem CE and the Xenblade X CE's are anything to go by, another batch should open close to launch.

I appreciate that when nintendo does a Special Edition, it's actually limited and feels special. They also tend to make some of the few actually good CE/LE/SEs.

I don't think my body has the stamina for 70+ Fire Emblem chapters. Awakening took me 60 hours and that was only 20-ish. I'm just gonna get one of the standard versions and buy the addons if I need it.

As someone who was obsessed with the GBA Fire Emblems, didn't want to play the series on a console, and didn't dig Shadow Dragon, 3 new (and mostly good) Fire Emblems is like mana from heaven.

It had to happen at some point all streaks are made to be broken...

My client Brock Lesnar conquered the Bombcast's undefeated streak since Whiskey Media
My client Brock Lesnar conquered the Bombcast's undefeated streak since Whiskey Media

santeesioux

I would buy the CE if it was available. since it's not, I don't really want to buy any of them.

good job, marketing team

I had the pre order for it on Amazon and the price went down to about 60 bucks with the 20 percent off offer, first time I've been able to get one of those damn special editions that sell out in five minutes.

Fireblend

Banned
I just finished Tales from the Borderlands.

Borderlands is now anime. You guys should play it.

That's all.

Also RIP Bombcast. It had a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom