• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Did any big news happen today they will now get a chance to talk about? I have not paid much attention to gaming news this past week

Kotaku is changing their review process, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir got a release date and EA announced Origin Access.

And some Rockstar person left or something.

Did any big news happen today they will now get a chance to talk about? I have not paid much attention to gaming news this past week

Of course not. They only record on Tuesdays when no big news happened on Tuesday or late Monday. Also, MechWarrior Online is now on the schedule for tomorrow.

yami4ct

I've been watching more Gintama. Its really good.

For as hyped as the Shogun Assassination Arc was, I'm not sure it's paying off. It's still very good, but not necessarily 'let's start teasing it a month ahead' good. I also miss the days when the anime didn't just straight up adapt the fights and gave them room to breath.

For as hyped as the Shogun Assassination Arc was, I'm not sure it's paying off. It's still very good, but not necessarily 'let's start teasing it a month ahead' good. I also miss the days when the anime didn't just straight up adapt the fights and gave them room to breath.

Oh, well I'm not that far yet lol.

I'm around the 120s~ and I'm really enjoying the stuff there. I'm still a long way off from Shogun Assassin, but I hear that arc and everything afterwards is like major endgame stuff.

yami4ct

Oh, well I'm not that far yet lol.

I'm around the 120s~ and I'm really enjoying the stuff there. I'm still a long way off from Shogun Assassin, but I hear that arc and everything afterwards is like major endgame stuff.

He's taking care of all the serious ongoing storylines that he's built up with these arcs. He's definitely confirmed that that stuff will wrap up in the next year or so manga wise. Whether or not he takes that opportunity to jumpstart some new Gintama stuff or the series ends as well is up in the air.

He's definitely taking care of all the serious ongoing storylines that he's built up with these arcs. He's definitely confirmed that that stuff will wrap up in the next year or so manga wise. Whether or not he takes that opportunity to jumpstart some new Gintama stuff or the series ends as well is up in the air.

I've been hearing that Gintama will "possibly end in 2016" but never hearing a confirmation about it. I'm not sure how I'd feel about Gintama ending because even as long as it is, it feels like a show that could never end (assuming the author can continously keep up the level of quality).

It'll be interesting to see where it goes either way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Uh, Cricket Beach

This is the only beach cricket allowed.

images

FluxWaveZ

I got to the Renho Arc in Gintama and fell off hard. Don't know what it is about that one, but I just don't care for it at all. I can usually dig the insanity that the show goes for, but there's just nothing compelling about it.

The new anime season started and I've only watched Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi). It's a psychological/supernatural anime, which are some of my favorites. Really liked the art style too. There's only been one episode but I am in.

That Phantasy Star anime also premiered but I heard it was pretty much shit. Might still watch the first episode at-least.

I also started watching Gintama. I think I'm only on episode 24-25. Enjoying it so far! Some really great characters.

FluxWaveZ

I also started watching Gintama. I think I'm only on episode 24-25. Enjoying it so far! Some really great characters.

It's like the Undertale of anime, with some saying it's slow/tedious up to that point but gets much better from there. Like Undertale, I disagree, but it definitely gets much better from the point you're at, so enjoy!

TraBuch

Banned
The new anime season started and I've only watched Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi). It's a psychological/supernatural anime, which are some of my favorites. Really liked the art style too. There's only been one episode but I am in.

That Phantasy Star anime also premiered but I heard it was pretty much shit. Might still watch the first episode at-least.

Any good romcoms with a bitchy, bossy female lead and a totally beta male lead where they have wacky hijinks and eventually fall in love?

FluxWaveZ

Any good romcoms with a bitchy, bossy female lead and a totally beta male lead where they have wacky hijinks and eventually fall in love?

I dunno about this season, but sounds like you're talking about Golden Boy. Well, maybe replace the beta male part with "acts like an idiot."

Haha, I don't think there's any this season. Shame.

It's like the Undertale of anime, with some saying it's slow/tedious up to that point but gets much better from there. Like Undertale, I disagree, but it definitely gets much better from the point you're at, so enjoy!

I heard that as well! I honestly kept asking myself what the fuck were these people talking about? It's been hilarious right from the start.

santeesioux

For shows that just started airing last week, Erased and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju had really enjoyable opening episodes. I need to get a Funi subscription to try out Ass Class and Dagashi Kashi.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
All this bombcast talk has me realizing I didn't listen to last week's. Jesus christ Dan. Introductions aren't even over and I'm already staring in bemusement at my computer. I wonder if that poor Prime Now delivery guy knows now why he dropped off those sewing needles.

yami4ct

Haha, I don't think there's any this season. Shame.

I heard that as well! I honestly kept asking myself what the fuck were these people talking about? It's been hilarious right from the start.

For me, Gintama was fun and funny from the start, but it didn't become Greatest of All Time quality until the Benizakura arc. Such a holy shit moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom