• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up...Griffin McElroy has a podcast about The Bachelor called "Rose Buddies"?

yeah, it's him and his wife.

if your last name is mcelroy you're destined to spend 10 hours a day in front of a microphone, apparently.

(each of them have like four podcasts, justin and griffin do polygon stuff, and Clint, their father, has been a radio personality for ages)

Fireblend

Banned
It's like the Undertale of anime

DWrI2JYh.jpg

I watched the first episode of Erased. It didn't really grab me. I'll give it a couple more episodes, it's too difficult for me to get hooked on an anime these days. I think the only 2 I finished last year were Barakamon and OPM.

...I'll start watching Gintama now tho.

yami4ct

and here i am slogging through early utena. well, not really slogging, it's pleasant enough.

My first watch of Utena was a revelation. That show is brilliant in a way that's almost indescribable. Make sure to watch the movie after you finish the show. The way the movie goes is so weird and interesting.

FluxWaveZ

My first watch of Utena was a revelation. That show is brilliant in a way that's almost indescribable. Make sure to watch the movie after you finish the show. The way the movie goes is so weird and interesting.

Definitely doesn't seem like my thing, going by the art style and that atmosphere of "yuri" and "romance" that oozes from each image of it I see.

yami4ct

Definitely doesn't seem like my thing, going by the art style and that atmosphere of "yuri" and "romance" that oozes from each image of it I see.

Utena is to magical girl and shoujo romance as Evangelion is to mecha. It's more of a subversion and commentary on those things than it is actually one of those.

Jintor

i'm still in the character introduction phase so the melodrama clashing with the 'anime' is still really jarring. i am enjoying it more the more melodrama they toss in.

also both utena and anthy are pretty interesting characters, so i don't mind so much

Brad has truly banished us to Anime Hell.

Also, lol @ Dan saying he'd pay $1,200 for a Rift and then balking at the extra $83 for taxes and shipping.

yami4ct

i'm still in the character introduction phase so the melodrama clashing with the 'anime' is still really jarring. i am enjoying it more the more melodrama they toss in.

also both utena and anthy are pretty interesting characters, so i don't mind so much

Once it gets out of the first major arc is when it starts going...places. I won't spoil anything, but you should have fun with it.

The movie is nonsense in a lot of ways (thematically interesting nonsense, but mostly nonsense), but damn it's one of the most beautifully animated things. The way it can dive into weirdly abstract art is fantastic.

Jintor

I wouldn't go that far, but I think Toradora was the show where I was like "uh...hmm...maybe I...don't like anime as much as I used to"

hilarious, exact opposite effect on me. got me more into romance anime.

...realised i wasn't actually into romance anime, and i was just into toradora

As a crazy person who plays Dwarf Fortress, I'm scared how this Dwarf Fortress conversation will go down.

I really want to join you guys on the Crazy Train, but it's too complex for me. Last time I managed to carve out a hole in a cliff, and told a dwarf to cut a tree, then the tree fell on him and he died.

Then I quit.

Jintor

haven't played df for two years, i wonder where they are now. I gen a world every now and then becuase worldgen in that game is faaaaaascinating.

last world i genned took two hours. TWO HOURS.

Doop

I really want to join you guys on the Crazy Train, but it's too complex for me. Last time I managed to carve out a hole in a cliff, and told a dwarf to cut a tree, then the tree fell on him and he died.

Then I quit.

It's a hard game, but not as hard as some may claim. I think it's just very abrasive at first bluff. If you're a new player I recommend playing adventure mode to get used to the graphics and some of the controls, then play fortress mode if you want to create a horrible murder complex. Although fortress mode and adventure mode may be in the same game and take place on the same world generated, don't be fooled, they are completely different games mechanically.

haven't played df for two years, i wonder where they are now. I gen a world every now and then becuase worldgen in that game is faaaaaascinating.

last world i genned took two hours. TWO HOURS.

Toady added CULTURE GENERATION. Music, poems, literature, dance. It's crazy. You can find libraries, compose music, compose dances, start a dance troupe, and much more now. And that's just adventure mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom