• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

The amount of people commenting about how mayo sucks astounds me...mayo is delicious.

Yup. Key component of the best drunk food

J3DhqBH.jpg

mayo is pretty good.

if you were to give me a xavier woods hot dog amount of mayo, i would absolutely gag just like he did.

but a normal human amount of mayo is perfectly fine and a great addition to a sandwich.

jambo

Dan Ryckert

"Mayo... inoffensive and nice creamy flavour. Seems like a good complimentary flavour to a sandwich."

2016 is the year the world ends.

BearPawB

Banned
I would never add mayo to a sandwich, but if its there im not gonna cause a fit.

Sometimes i will scrape it off a little.

But i do love tuna and chicken salad, so i am a big hypocrite

I'm surprised how easily Dan bit into it considering he seemed to have a physical revulsion to trying it previously. Mayo and sour cream are both great.

yami4ct

anybody who puts mayo on a burger should be barred from ever making burgers again

I don't eat many sandwiches, most sandwiches are cold cuts and I hate cold cuts. My main exposure to mayo as a condiment is getting it accidentally on my burger. The WORST experience imaginable. You can't get rid of it once its there. Whole burger is ruined.

Tubobutts

I don't like mayo, but it's not a surprise Dan does since he talks about how much he likes aioli, despite saying he hates mayo

People who don't like mayo must be the same heathens who put ketchup on a hot dog.

I always put ketchup and hot sauce on hot dogs so yes.

anybody who puts mayo on a burger should be barred from ever making burgers again

The point of mayo with burgers is not to put mayo on the actual burger. If done correctly, it doesn't touch the burger. It is spread on the buns. The fat from the mayo keeps the bun from getting drenched in burger juice (though some people do like when a burger bun gets drenched). For me, I put mayo on the buns, then lettuce, ketchup, and often onions and cheese between the burger and both buns.

Also, when making a cold cut deli sandwich, I mix mayo and mustard. Yeah, I said it! I also often mix mustard and ketchup on hot dogs. I prefer Italian/Polish sausages and bratwursts to regular hot dogs, but when I do have a hot dog, I actually prefer natural casing, as it has a better snap to it.

danm999

So Dan has now tried mayo and sour cream and likes them huh.

At this point it feels like Danny is going to take him to an English Premier League game and he'll be a huge football fan.

I have a sriracha mayo that is pretty bomb on burgers and hotdogs. Gives a nice kick and has a very muted mayo taste compared to regular mayo.

Man people get really heated when it comes to food/condiments... I feel like I'm one of the few people that just eats whatever is given to them. I don't think I've actually ever sent food back or scrapped off something or refused to eat food... Maybe I'm just weird though. And I usually get something new whenever I go to any restaurant.

The new anime season started and I've only watched Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi). It's a psychological/supernatural anime, which are some of my favorites. Really liked the art style too. There's only been one episode but I am in.

That Phantasy Star anime also premiered but I heard it was pretty much shit. Might still watch the first episode at-least.

I also started watching Gintama. I think I'm only on episode 24-25. Enjoying it so far! Some really great characters.

Best new anime of season.

yami4ct

Man people get really heated when it comes to food/condiments... I feel like I'm one of the few people that just eats whatever is given to them. I don't think I've actually ever sent food back or scrapped off something or refused to eat food... Maybe I'm just weird though. And I usually get something new whenever I go to any restaurant.

Most food is garbage from my experience. The list of food I eat that I actively enjoy isn't all that large.

Tan

I dislike most foods but I wouldn't send anything back either. At this point I've recognized that more than anything the texture of a food can really turn me off, so it's pretty easy to tell when I won't like a new food.

Dan Ryckert isn't a foodhater, he's just a child. Jeff is and continues to be Giantbomb.com's chief food hater.

yami4ct

Man thats dreary, but I accept your submission as the new Dan Ryckert.

I have a large enough list that I can almost always find something I enjoy, but I do find a large amount of food to be actively gross. I'm not as picky as some, but I'm certainly not the most open eater.

I only ever played like 15-20 hours of Dwarf Fortress but my crazy wiki-fueled attempts to surgically repair the legs of a poor dwarf that I accidentally dropped down a well shaft is one of the most memorable things I've done in a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom