• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

wait, is giant bomb east just a reality show about making dan rykart into an actual normal human being guy?

Vinny is gonna fix his culinary habits.

Alex is gonna inject him with normal doubts and pessimism.

Austin is gonna teach him about fancy dude academic stuff.

By god you might be right.

omgkitty

Though it's not really relevant to the site, I'm disappointed they aren't talking about David Bowie at all on the podcast. I'd assume the Beastcast will.

Most food is garbage from my experience. The list of food I eat that I actively enjoy isn't all that large.

Understandable... to each their own. Whenever I go out to eat I almost always ask the waitress/waiter what their favorite dish is and just order that... I'd say 9/10 times I really like whatever they like.

Zesty honey mustard + Sriracha is my condiment of choice.

Oooooh... I've done Sriracha and mayo but never thought of Sriracha and honey mustard, thanks for the idea!

Man people get really heated when it comes to food/condiments... I feel like I'm one of the few people that just eats whatever is given to them. I don't think I've actually ever sent food back or scrapped off something or refused to eat food... Maybe I'm just weird though. And I usually get something new whenever I go to any restaurant.

I'm pretty much the same. I find new tastes interesting enough to be willing to try basically anything even if I end up not liking them as much as stuff I've already had.

Jintor

You know what's extra ironic about me not liking a ton of food? Cooking and baking are major hobbies of mine. I know how to cook a ton of stuff I'd never eat personally.

yami, that is insane.

INSANE.

I love cooking and baking but so much of it is because I like to make things I want to eat

Also, I just was able to watch the latest Project B.E.A.S.T.

I'm not sure I've laughed that hard at GB content ever before. That shit was amazing.

The point of mayo with burgers is not to put mayo on the actual burger. If done correctly, it doesn't touch the burger. It is spread on the buns. The fat from the mayo keeps the bun from getting drenched in burger juice (though some people do like when a burger bun gets drenched). For me, I put mayo on the buns, then lettuce, ketchup, and often onions and cheese between the burger and both buns.

a bun soaking up the burger juices is pretty much a best-case scenario in my world. further advancing the "fuck mayo" narrative.

I have no idea what I would pick.

Hall & Oates are the kinda group I liked a whole lot of songs from before I even knew they were from Hall & Oates. There was some point I did not know Maneater and Out of Touch were from the same people

I guess if I was going to a concert I would hope they would not play a whole lot of new stuff. I don't think I have listened to much Hall & Oates post 90s. They nailed the whole jazz, pop, rock thing during the 80s though.

Oh sweet, Out of Touch is a new Hall & Oates song to listen to. I've enjoyed Private Eyes, Rich Girl, Maneater, You Make My Dreams Come True, and I Can't Go for That from them.

Also, I just was able to watch the latest Project B.E.A.S.T.

I'm not sure I've laughed that hard at GB content ever before. That shit was amazing.

When they try and line up their orbit to pick up Duddley
and the instant his ship flies by and they realize never in a million years would that have worked is one of my favorite GB east moments.

yami4ct

yami, that is insane.

INSANE.

I love cooking and baking but so much of it is because I like to make things I want to eat

My baking is mostly for me, but I cook for other people as much as I do myself.

The stuff I end up enjoying I enjoy a ton. I adore a good steak and almost any potato dish is great. Italian pasta dishes almost never go wrong. Pizza is amazing, because of course it is.

My main dislikes are ham/pork, seafood and eggs (by themselves, they are fine in baking dishes). I can't stand omelets, quiche, or any cook of eggs.

yami4ct

yeah seriously. by not being openly [X]-phobic or racist he's already made my short list of people I'd prefer to see on a jury

Yeah, there are certainly a lot worse people out there for juries than Dan. I'm certain he's fine on presumption of innocence as well. The absolute worse jurors are those that believe anyone who's arrested is automatically guilty. Unfortunately, those make up a large portion of our society.

Speaking of Dan and doing adult things... He seems more open to try "new" things, we need to start a list of dumb phobias and things he's adverse to for him to try in 2016.

#BuildingTheList

Late beastcast thoughts:

I was in a very similar boat to Vinny after i finished Tales from the Borderlands but i already owned the first 2 games and it was myself returning to that lore (didn't buy pre-sequel though LOL)

When they try and line up their orbit to pick up Duddley
and the instant his ship flies by and they realize never in a million years would that have worked is one of my favorite GB east moments.

I'm just amazed they were actually able to
see it fly by. Also Austin's hysterical laugh made me laugh even harder.

Echoing Jeff's thoughts on the Division, in that I really hope that thing turns out good! It's got a lot of promise from what they've shown, but it could very well fall prey to the Destiny problem of "hey here's four things you can do, have fun."

Jintor

My baking is mostly for me, but I cook for other people as much as I do myself.

The stuff I end up enjoying I enjoy a ton. I adore a good steak and almost any potato dish is great. Italian pasta dishes almost never go wrong. Pizza is amazing, because of course it is.

My main dislikes are ham/pork, seafood and eggs (by themselves, they are fine in baking dishes). I can't stand omelets, quiche, or any cook of eggs.

uggggh giant bomb cooking show when

yami4ct

If no one has done a Bombcast thread, I guess I could throw one together. There would be no special photoshop stuff done, but it would be a thread.

Can't get excited about games like The Division anymore. Just looks like another one of those games just built from a marketing meeting or something. I'm sure it'll be designed up the ass with addicting, monotonous gameplay that everyone will enjoy. And gun loot.

Looks so uninteresting.

the problem with everyone that's still holding out for the BTTF style hoverboard fantasy is that by the time that's a real thing, those people are gonna be way too old to be riding hoverboards without being laughed at by teens.

yami4ct

This is great.

podcast stuff-Even Jeff doesn't watch QLEX's!

Jeff 'RX-78' Gerstmann- The Origin Edition was the thing that came first. I originally wanted to make Dan this monstrosity.

But that was before you suggested making them GunPla as opposed to just Gundams. That dumb thing doesn't have a good kit. The Dan 'Maxter' Ryckert is a way better joke anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I want to have a virtual reality version of virtual insanity where I get to smash the furniture onto jamiroquai's stupid hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom