• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

not too sure if Dans new schtick of pretending to order and then cancel things just to get twitter attention is working for me

perhaps a weekly periscope show where he eats a new piece of fruit or vegetable would be better

Joeku

So GotY votes on here are due in 10 days and I finally got back to the Witcher. I got ten hours in when it came out but stopped and over the last week I've since
finished off the Baron stuff (boy I hope there's a happier ending than the one I got) and stepped into Novigrad to see Triss and ran across some people getting burned at the stake.
How possible is it I can finish it in 10 days?

Also LOL @ me stepping into this huge place and immediately running into an interesting quest introducing so many players that will show up. I was all "fuck yeah, let's do this and get me a new sword" and I check the Quest menu and it's like 15 levels higher than me. Yeah, dude, I'll come meet you at the docks "tonight". Totally.

hamchan

Mr Dan "I'll pay $1200 for an Oculus Rift" Ryckert changing his tune when he sees the $684 leaving his bank account. What a flake.

So GotY votes on here are due in 10 days and I finally got back to the Witcher. I got ten hours in when it came out but stopped and over the last week I've since
finished off the Baron stuff (boy I hope there's a happier ending than the one I got) and stepped into Novigrad to see Triss and ran across some people getting burned at the stake.

Also LOL @ me stepping into this huge place and immediately running into an interesting quest introducing so many players that will show up. I was all "fuck yeah, let's do this and get me a new sword" and I check the Quest menu and it's like 15 levels higher than me. Yeah, dude, I'll come meet you at the docks "tonight". Totally.

You just got to novigrad?

Congratulations! You started the game!

You have, like, 4 Bloody Barons worth of main questline left. And that's if you don't do any side stuff, which you will absolutely want to do.

Ha love it
iWV3ksw.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Novigrad is not a 'you started the game 'moment. It's more of just a refreshing change of scenery after the previous zone dragged on for too long.

Actually, Novigrad onwards is when I kind of feel like the story REALLY Starts to hit the lows of
super mary sue ciri lovefest

Hey, I can download at 1.2 mb/s now, maybe I'll finish getting all of Witcher and then I can join in.

Actually curious because I have the compulsion to complete everything on the map... Is there a particular way I should go about the game so that I don't burn out on it?

Hey, I can download at 1.2 mb/s now, maybe I'll finish getting all of Witcher and then I can join in.

Actually curious because I have the compulsion to complete everything on the map... Is there a particular way I should go about the game so that I don't burn out on it?

There's just way too much shit on the map for you to do that, honestly. Most of it, in my experience, is not that interesting. I spent a lot of the beginning portion of the game visiting question marks along whatever route I was on between two objectives...and it would just result in me getting WAY off course.

Novigrad is not a 'you started the game 'moment. It's more of just a refreshing change of scenery after the previous zone dragged on for too long.

Actually, Novigrad onwards is when I kind of feel like the story REALLY Starts to hit the lows of
super mary sue ciri lovefest

I just meant in the sense that there's a lot more game ahead of you than there is behind you when you first get to Novigrad. Obviously the "holy shit the game started" moment is when you leave the white orchard.

Dineren

Banned
Turning off all the undiscovered stuff on the mini map helped me a lot. I still find a lot of stuff wandering around, but I don't feel compelled to constantly go off and check every icon.

There's just way too much shit on the map for you to do that, honestly. Most of it, in my experience, is not that interesting. I spent a lot of the beginning portion of the game visiting question marks along whatever route I was on between two objectives...and it would just result in me getting WAY off course.

The problem is that I have a compulsive need to do all that stuff. Happens to me in just about every open world game where I have a minimap.

hamchan

Playing the PC version with no shiny trophies, I don't feel compelled to explore the Witcher 3 at all so the marks on the minimap don't bother me.

Sad to say trophies have that sort of power over me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was looking at this
FIGURE-016132.jpg

and came to the conclusion that Link Between Worlds Link is the best looking Link design of all time

An-Det

did he only ring the first bell? Wouldnt that mean he'll hit a dead end pretty soon

I didn't realize he had already killed the
Gargoyles
, that would make more sense since the route to the next bell isn't very clear. I'm just hoping he kills
Pinwheel
and realizes he has to fight his way back to the surface.

justjim89

I didn't realize he had already killed the
Gargoyles
, that would make more sense since the route to the next bell isn't very clear. I'm just hoping he kills
Pinwheel
and realizes he has to fight his way back to the surface.

Theoretically, he could get all the way past the skeleton dogs and giant skeletons and such before
encountering the orange barrier.

I'd fucking quit playing.

I also just played through this area yesterday and it pains me to see him not even trying any dropoff shortcuts.

Noaloha

Seriously though, person who mentioned it earlier that I can't be bothered to go back and see who, is Griffin McElroy's stream of Yakuza 5 archived anywhere?

Just woke up so I've only just seen this, but no, tragically. Not that I saw. He doesn't appear to have archives enabled. I noticed last night after mentioning it and sent him a tweet to see if it could be upped anywhere, but no reply. :(

Weird though, and a real shame as the Yakuza 5 show was hilarious. Entirely baseless, sleepy-eyed conjecture on my part, with no research done into it, but I wonder if Polygon has a thing about staff establishing permanent non-site gaming content, or if it is actually just simply an I-neglected-to-ever-tick-this-box-in-my-Twitch-settings thing?

justjim89

I just feel sorry for Dan. Even if he gets through the part he's struggling with, he's gonna be in an area that's exponentially tougher and harder to cheese. And then after THAT is a door he can't get past until he progresses further.

He's barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest in the wrong state.

Though it's not really relevant to the site, I'm disappointed they aren't talking about David Bowie at all on the podcast. I'd assume the Beastcast will.
I'm pretty sure they mentioned him at the very beginning. I know Brad and Dan both mentioned it in twitter, but I'm not sure that it's appropriate to spend a long time discussing it.

Twin Tails said:
Is MGO worth the SSD space of redownloading MGSV again

As one of the [seemingly] few that enjoyed MGSV around here, I can say absolutely not. Especially if you are not too high on MGSV in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom