• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I just feel sorry for Dan. Even if he gets through the part he's struggling with, he's gonna be in an area that's exponentially tougher and harder to cheese. And then after THAT is a door he can't get past until he progresses further.

He's barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest in the wrong state.

Are you saying Dan playing Dark Souls is a metaphor for anxiety disorders?

justjim89

Are you saying Dan playing Dark Souls is a metaphor for anxiety disorders?

Dan playing Dark Souls tonight was kinda like on Cutthroat Kitchen when the challenge is making an omelette and one guy forgets to grab eggs from the pantry cause he was too busy getting chorizo and peppers so then he has to intentionally get sabotaged and extract the eggs from half-mixed cookie batter.

yami4ct

Dan playing Dark Souls tonight was kinda like on Cutthroat Kitchen when the challenge is making an omelette and one guy forgets to grab eggs from the pantry cause he was too busy getting chorizo and peppers.

I was considering dropping watching Dan's LP because of the way he played. Don't find watching summons beat a boss fun to watch. You're starting to sell me on coming back.

-Kees-

Project BEAST is so good.

"How are they getting in and out of that?"

"...There's a door?"

"Is there?"

"...I don't know."

Myggen

DemandingDeliriousBaboon.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Fobwashed blew my mind today. I didn't know Chloe from LiS was voiced by Ashly Burch. She's talented!

yami4ct

Finally wrapped up Hearts of Stone. The perfect example of expansion content. An excellent written side thing that is complete in itself. Now I can officially put down The Witcher 3 until Blood and Wine hits.

Game ran me about 95 hours. Probably 5 or more of that was me leaving the game idling for one reason or another. I still don't think I've seen a large portion of the great content in there, even if I have no inclination to go back besides the second expansion. What a massive game.

danm999

Started Invisible Inc today. Boy so far that game might be mechanically perfect.

You really feel it when you fuck up not picking a smart route to loot the shit out of a place and suddenly you've got an agent trapped somewhere and the guards are bearing down and oh god do I just save the non-trapped agent by sending her to the teleporter or do I try and rescue my guy stuck in this dead end room.

The outside mission stuff seems good too in a way I hope the new XCOM mimics.

daydream

Banned
Started Invisible Inc today. Boy so far that game might be mechanically perfect.

You really feel it when you fuck up not picking a smart route to loot the shit out of a place and suddenly you've got an agent trapped somewhere and the guards are bearing down and oh god do I just save the non-trapped agent by sending her to the teleporter or do I try and rescue my guy stuck in this dead end room.

The outside mission stuff seems good too in a way I hope the new XCOM mimics.

still waiting for austinvisible austinc.

Haunted

I still need to play Hearts of Stone. I've been holding it off, like dessert.
I put it off for a while, even knowing that I would enjoy it. I needed a break from the game and didn't want to start a big project like it.

Once I started I could not stop playing until I finished it. Absolutely marvelous.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which is why we can now conclude that the witcher 3 is objectively the worst game of all time.

Objectively.

Of all time.

tuxfool

Banned
Which is why we can now conclude that the witcher 3 is objectively the worst game of all time.

Objectively.

Of all time.

Except the Painted World in HoS is a personal representation of events that lead to emotional trauma. It is much more resonating than the other examples on show.

I feel like The Witness is not actually coming out this month. I feel like it's been a while since we've heard much about it and it comes out in less than 2 weeks?

daydream

Banned
just requested my first steam refund. got tembo on sale and it runs like shit even on the lowest settings and the controls were straight-up broken (as in, not working/completely bugging out)

i run more elaborate games on this laptop so no idea what the deal was there

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like The Witness is not actually coming out this month. I feel like it's been a while since we've heard much about it and it comes out in less than 2 weeks?
Blow's Twitter has also been relatively quiet. Four days ago he tweeted "Aaaaaand that is a wrap on the Witness voice acting!", which sounds...late?

edit: On january 4th he asked for someone to contribute code to the game!?

Haunted

As much as I love Dark Souls, I will say that there was little to no allusion to the Painted World of Ariamis actually being a painting, while both Oblivion and Witcher used some heavy texture filtering and post processing to invoke the feelings of a "living" (impressionist) oil painting in their visual stylings.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As much as I love Dark Souls, I will say that there was little to no allusion to the Painted World of Ariamis actually being a painting, while both Oblivion and Witcher used some heavy texture filtering and post processing to invoke the feelings of a "living" (impressionist) oil painting in their visual stylings.

The whole of dark souls is a painting man.

A beautiful painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom