• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Never liked Kessler/Ryan videos. I am sure they were both just playing but Ryan came across as a real bully and Kessler a punch bag, in those.

i found him kinda irritating at first but i can't dislike someone who finds eating a banana like taking a bite into a ghost.

I also liked watching him play through condemned 1

It coming to Steam and Austin's love for mechs.

Oh, right. I forgot they had Anime Editor Austin.
well, Ryan was also really bad with quick look prep. Many a time, they would just pop the game disc in for the first time when doing a QL back in those days.

that lead to complaints that the first 10 minutes of any Ryan quick look was him navigating menus, which was both true and rather amusing

I was under the impression that Ryan's Menu Quick Looks were him trying to give a better overview of the games, to counter the "GB knows nothing" issue in some QLs. It was a drag, but I get the intent behind it; QL's are a surprisingly delicate balance between info vs. entertainment.

Y'know, the XCOM 2 QLEX is the only time in recent memory where I was openly aggravated by Giant Bomb's attention span--there were several times where Rory or Brad asked a question already answered before. If they were on the ball more, a lot more info could've been rolled into the video.

......oh really? If you get it lemme know how it runs.

Sounds like it's fine.

Y'know, the XCOM 2 QLEX is the only time in recent memory where I was openly aggravated by Giant Bomb's attention span--there were several times where Rory or Brad asked a question already answered before. If they were on the ball more, a lot more info could've been rolled into the video.
There were also a couple of times when they cut the Firaxis guys short when they were in the middle of explaining stuff.

So is there a website for keeping track of the 52 games per year challenge thing? I'm wanting to work through a backlog and feel like that would give me some motivation rather than just keeping a list myself.

Tonight's the night I win the lottery. I can feel it.

Don't forget your friends when you make it.

836.gif

def sim

Seeing the notification for Dan trying out mayonnaise for the first time while I was watching the SotU on my phone gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

TraBuch

Banned
I've already put over 30 hours into it and I started like a week ago lol. Its fantastic and the combat has gotten so much better since the days of Trails in the Sky.
The game feels like such a PS2 throwback and I mean that in the best of ways. It's also nice to have a JRPG protagonist that's not a naive little fuck.

Also, your avatar reminds me that I need to watch Bakemonogatari again, and then the rest of the series which I've never seen.

The game feels like such a PS2 throwback and I mean that in the best of ways. It's also nice to have a JRPG protagonist that's not a naive little fuck.

Also, your avatar reminds me that I need to watch Bakemonogatari again, and then the rest of the series which I've never seen.

Yup, Rean has been a great character so far. He isn't like some dumb self-insert protagonist and more of an actual character which is great.

Also, Nise is super good, though I didn't care much for anything afterwards.

Alright, that tease at the end of the Bombcast was too much. I need a new Powerbombcast like yesterday.

Royal Rumble cast gonna be great. I need my fix.

Bork destroying Roman felt so good

KorrZ

I need the next episode of Life is Strange. Is it likely to happen on Friday? I just marathoned through their entire play through this weekend while I was sick.

About to start The Last of Us (remastered), what difficulty should I play on? I want the game to be tense but not too frustrating. Note: I'm kinda compulsive about scrounging every last square inch for supplies and not using consumables "until I really need them", which ends up being never.

What mode will I probably enjoy the most? This is your free pass to use "you're playing it wrong!" and "the way it's meant to be played."

Hard is the sweet spot, for sure. It's just enough supplies that you can utilize all of the different weapons and experiment, but not enough that you can just blast everything in sight with the shotgun all the time. Another HUGE factor is you need to go into the options and turn "Listen mode" to OFF. It makes the game 1000% more tense and exhilarating.

About to start The Last of Us (remastered), what difficulty should I play on? I want the game to be tense but not too frustrating. Note: I'm kinda compulsive about scrounging every last square inch for supplies and not using consumables "until I really need them", which ends up being never.

What mode will I probably enjoy the most? This is your free pass to use "you're playing it wrong!" and "the way it's meant to be played."

Curufinwe

Probably Normal.

Seriously though, that game is soooooo good.

I've already put over 30 hours into it and I started like a week ago lol. Its fantastic and the combat has gotten so much better since the days of Trails in the Sky.

I'm looking forward to playing Cold Steel in like 2 years time when I finally finish both Trails games.

Hard would be the best balance. On hard ammo is just scarce enough that you'll find yourself needing to poke around for ammo and you'll also be pushed into using every tool the game gives you, but there's also still enough ammo that you'll be able to use your guns fairly frequently.

TraBuch

Banned
Honestly, hard isn't too difficult. The most difficult moments in TLOU come at the end of the game and by then, you have the most OP weapon in the game so those moments are actually pretty easy.

I started TLOU on normal and it was too frustratingly difficult for me to finish. Of course, I didn't really enjoy the combat or story, so maybe I'm not the best one to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom