• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off topic, but for Dark Souls folks: Are the Four Kings supposed to be an easier boss? Because I just one-shotted them in my first ever time fighting them, and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

How over leveled are you? Equipment? Took me a few tries, but I was also using the BKGS

Can you go back to Banjo on the N64? Because the performance is fucking rough.

I replayed the N64 version back in May and enjoyed it quite a bit. Framerate ain't great or anything but it's not as bad as, say, DK64.

Obviously, the 360 rerelease is the Version To Get.

Myggen

This is off topic, but for Dark Souls folks: Are the Four Kings supposed to be an easier boss? Because I just one-shotted them in my first ever time fighting them, and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

It's pretty easy against certain builds, especially tank builds. Vinny did the same in his playthrough on the site.

edit: ICYMI:

Via GB fan art legend Humanity.

2815403-5278330310-28153.jpg

justjim89

Did you spend awhile in that forest?

I did at about SL 30, but only because I was stuck on Sif with my current build (no shield). But I joined the covenant so I couldn't even farm the NPC souls in the area. I did farm souls for a while in Anor Londo killing the big knights when I switched from a scimitar to an Uchigatana and was building it up.

Catvoca

Banned
Watching the XCOM 2 quick-look and listening to the discussion on the podcast about how they are not really excited for it was sort of bumming me out. When I think about XCOM my memories are tied to that 2012 game of the year awards, and the main reason it won at the time was because of the push Ryan (and Patrick to a lesser extent) gave it. He was so darn passionate about that game, wonder if he would have been psyched for a new one. Different times now I guess.

Jabronium

I haven't played the original XCOM, but I'm looking for something to hold me over until Dark Souls 3. Would it be worth grabbing the 2012 release, or should I be ok just diving in to the sequel?

Watching the XCOM 2 quick-look and listening to the discussion on the podcast about how they are not really excited for it was sort of bumming me out. When I think about XCOM my memories are tied to that 2012 game of the year awards, and the main reason it won at the time was because of the push Ryan (and Patrick to a lesser extent) gave it. He was so darn passionate about that game, wonder if he would have been psyched for a new one. Different times now I guess.

When did they say they're not excited for it? Sounded like they were excited about it but they're obviously not freaking out about it because it's not this huge new thing like Enemy Unknown was.

I haven't played the original XCOM, but I'm looking for something to hold me over until Dark Souls 3. Would it be worth grabbing the 2012 release, or should I be ok just diving in to the sequel?

I'd say just play 2, you won't be missing anything by skipping Enemy Unknown.

Speaking for myself: the hospital

That section can be real hit and miss for me, I've managed to clear it really easily and I've also managed to get in a real bad situation that took some time to get out of.

Catvoca

Banned
When did they say they're not excited for it? Sounded like they were excited about it but they're obviously not freaking out about it because it's not this huge new thing like Enemy Unknown was.

I'm listening to it now and that's exactly it.

Maybe I just picked them up wrong, but it seemed like Brad was the only person who cared about it. Jeff and the rest seemed pretty indifferent I thought.

Edit: and also I wasn't bummed out because they weren't excited about a videogame because why the fuck would care, it was more that it was reminding me how different the site was just a couple of years ago when Enemy Unknown came out. That and I was in a melancholic mood I guess haha.

Just started watching the Kerbal series. It's amaaaaaazzziinnnggg!!

Didn't like the sound of editing when I first heard of it, but they do it really well in the video.

Looking forward to the rest of it. To the Mun!
Via GB fan art legend Humanity.

2815403-5278330310-28153.jpg

Anime Alex is legendary. I'm jealous.

Anime Alex pretty much IS legendary, really.

Oh

I guess the "CS1 won't end on a super cliffhanger making me want to freeze myself until the next game comes out" dream is dead.

It's like..."I know how they think. I'm ready for anything they throw at me", then Falcom are like "Oh yeah? ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!" then

45M0A2z.jpg

Just now listening to the Bombcast. I kind of want to see one of them play Mission Impossible 64. I remember liking that POS as a kid.

Same here. The combat was terrible but that game did some interesting stuff that not many games were doing back in 1996 or whenever. I remember the one early level where you could change your face and walk around a party disguised a la Hitman and had to poison drinks and shit. I give them credit for going for it and not just churning out a shitty generic movie tie-in.

danm999

Yeah Mission Impossible N64 was totally a game where they could have simply made every level into a generic shooter thing but at least they tried to recreate the actual big moments in the movie and change up the gameplay modes.

No doubt it doesn't hold up and feels like trash now though. My only strong memory from that game besides the levels people have mentioned was that there was a bit of VO from the protagonist that would exclaim "THERE IT IS" when he identified the mission objective.

kingocfs

It was the best because of that one part where you hang down and try to get around the lasers, like in the movie. There may be something more to that game than I remember but that was the only thing that mattered.

Nah man for me the biggest oh shit moment was when I got to use the face switcher. I thought that was the coolest thing.

Same here. The combat was terrible but that game did some interesting stuff that not many games were doing back in 1996 or whenever. I remember the one early level where you could change your face and walk around a party disguised a la Hitman and had to poison drinks and shit. I give them credit for going for it and not just churning out a shitty generic movie tie-in.

lol missed your post, but YES.

char3.png

Paid 2 bucks on Amazon for this dude. Can't wait till he shows up!

I got a 5 dollar gift card from Twitch for taking a survey and saw Nook was only 6 bucks on Amazon. Worth it.

J_Viper

Real talk, what does Brad use on his hair?

I have an undercut too, but when I try to slick it back like him, there's a bunch of lose hairs sticking up all over the place. How does he get it so tight, but look so natural?

Real talk, what does Brad use on his hair?

I have an undercut too, but when I try to slick it back like him, there's a bunch of lose hairs sticking up all over the place. How does he get it so tight, but look so natural?

I've been wondering the same. I'd assume a traditional pomade. I use a water based right now, and it's fine but it just kinda sucks when it's all hard at the end of the day.

Traditional pomade is a whole can of worms because it doesn't wash out, so once you go for that it's kind of your life.

J_Viper

He's a Dapper Dan man goddammit!

61D%2BKgW8o4L._SX522_.jpg

$20 is up there, but if it gets me closer to Shoemaker Status, I'll manage.
Thanks duder

The tears of people who Brad has spoiled.

Are those a Destiny raid drop?

I've been wondering the same. I'd assume a traditional pomade. I use a water based right now, and it's fine but it just kinda sucks when it's all hard at the end of the day.

Traditional pomade is a whole can of worms because it doesn't wash out, so once you go for that it's kind of your life.
Hmm, well I've been using hair paste for a while, but I need to use a ton of it to hold my hair in place, even then it only lasts a few hours.
Perhaps pomade would work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom