• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way, I think I solved my "XBONE controller keeps freezing up on pc" problem by moving it from a USB 3 port to a USB 2 one

computers are weird

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Via GB fan art legend Humanity.

2815403-5278330310-28153.jpg
Is Vinny turning into villain Jeff Bridges?

EXP5u95.jpg

Finally played through Cibele. It's rough but really interesting a lot of ways, probably one of the braver games I've ever played from a creator expressing themselves sense. Weirdly abrupt ending though.

Really excited about Tacoma now, Steve Gaynor and Nina Freeman are really talented on top of being A-tier Giant Bomb guests.

Why do people call the DS4 a garbage controller? Granted I've only had mine a month, but everything feels nice to work with and the battery seems to really be lasting between binges of bloodborne.

Dineren

Banned
Why do people call the DS4 a garbage controller? Granted I've only had mine a month, but everything feels nice to work with and the battery seems to really be lasting between binges of bloodborne.

I've heard people have had issues with the analog sticks and the battery life isn't great. Other than that I thought the consensus is that it is a great controller. I still prefer the Xbone controller though.

The most common complaint I've heard is that they're cheaply built and have a tendency to crap out for good rather quickly (my first one didn't make it through a full year).

Catching up on QLs, Mech games are so fucking cool. Is there a good recent PC mech game that works well with HOTAS?

I've read that MWO and Hawken can both be fun with HOTAS but that competing with the precision of mice-players is tough. I was looking into this too since I just got a HOTAS to play Elite Dangerous (which has been fantastic).

Heard enough stories to believe I got lucky with my launch pad in every area but battery. Estimate 8 hours to a charge. Steam controller and Wii U Pro pads last six times longer.

Thinking on it, hasn't been since the SNES and Genesis that I'm happy with all controller.

hamchan

It's an amazingly well designed controller with terrible build quality. I've already had one DS4 with a sticky r1 button and one with analog sticks peeling. Plus the battery only lasts like 5 hours.

The most common complaint I've heard is that they're cheaply built and have a tendency to crap out for good rather quickly (my first one didn't make it through a full year).

mine either. L3 went to shit, R2 became questionable, and the rubber wore off of the right stick.

considering my two 8 year old ds3's are still in near-perfect condition after all this time, they don't have much of an excuse

It's a well-designed controller that needs better build quality. I've seen two straight up fall apart, and one that creaks like an old staircase. Number four is finally holding up though.

Is Vinny turning into villain Jeff Bridges?

EXP5u95.jpg

Scientist: All right, sir, that's what we're trying to do, but... honestly, it's impossible.

Obadiah: The Kerbals were able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!

Scientist: Well, I'm sorry. I'm not a Kerbal.

The launch controllers had weak rubber on the thumbsticks and were very susceptible to tearing over time due to the friction of the thumbs on the sticks. Apparently the current controllers have fixed this. From what I understand, one way to figure out if you are getting a new batch is if the box shows PSTV compatibility on it. Some people also complain about their triggers sticking, but the thumbsticks are the main issue people had with DS4s.

I have had no issues with my DS4 whatsoever but mine is one of the white Destiny ones from 2014.

It's definitely the best controller I have ever had.

It's amazing NOA have another one of their idiotic embargos on Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (only 10 minutes of video allowed until release) even though the game was released in Europe a month ago.

Browsing the Powerball thread is scary. Do you Americans not understand the basics of odds and gambling?

Or the previous lottery scamming that's happened with gambling establishment employees getting the winnings.

Yeah, people tend to ignore the past if there's a vague concept of lots of money.

Nah man for me the biggest oh shit moment was when I got to use the face switcher. I thought that was the coolest thing.

lol missed your post, but YES.

I forgot about that. That was awesome too. Weren't you at a party or something and needed to switch identities as a waiter or something?

Browsing the Powerball thread is scary. Do you Americans not understand the basics of odds and gambling?

When you're hopeless even minuscule hope is exciting.

That's a bit of a broad stroke.

I'm not saying it in a judging fashion. The huge portion of us shouldering debt that feels basically impossible to rid sucks. If someone says "hey for $2 there's a microscopic chance it will be better", it's sad hope but still hope. Even the notion of things not being quite as bad is worth a few bucks to most. I bought 2 tickets and even knowing the odds it's still like "welp, back to the grind. Great.".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom