• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Haha, I have. But I guess I could just delete the patches (and if need be the whole game client and reinstall), since I haven't started playing yet. Are there any substantive benefits from the patches to consider?
On PC the following worked for me:
- Fully updated MGS V
- Enabled internet connection
- Decline ToS (which also enables offline mode in the game)
- I started doing this before building an FOB, so don't know if the behavior changes when you already have an active FOB and then switch to offline mode

Haven't noticed any of Konami's shenanigans. I hit the 5 million GMP max which has been there since the beginning.
At least one of the early patches fixes save corruption bugs.

AcridMeat

Banned
I picture a dickbutt being a dick with a butt at the top, in which case, aren´t all dickbutts just normal dicks minus the poop?
Bruh
THmj8Rv.jpg

The ornament

repeater

I don't think the patches do anything negative as long as you hit decline on the startup screen. Pretty sure you don't need to disconnect the console from the net either.

On PC the following worked for me:
- Fully updated MGS V
- Enabled internet connection
- Decline ToS (which also enables offline mode in the game)
- I started doing this before building an FOB, so don't know if the behavior changes when you already have an active FOB and then switch to offline mode

Haven't noticed any of Konami's shenanigans. I hit the 5 million GMP max which has been there since the beginning.
At least one of the early patches fixes save corruption bugs.
Thanks a lot guys, I'll just decline the TOS then and hope for the best. :)

Nice. Regardless of what you think the ordering of that list should look like, we can all agree that's a shitload of fantastic games.

Plus Fallout 4.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But Undertale didn't win.

I haven't played Undertale, your attack missed its mark. I have played far too much MGS5 though, and that was like 60 hours less than that asshole of a game wanted me to play.

MGS5 is a completely okay game that starts off with two of the worst hours of gaming I played all year, followed by 20 of the better hours, and jesus christ let it end already

I haven't played Undertale, your attack missed its mark. I have played far too much MGS5 though, and that was like 60 hours less than that asshole of a game wanted me to play.

MGS5 is a completely okay game that starts off with two of the worst hours of gaming I played all year, followed by 20 of the better hours, and jesus christ let it end already

Well your GOTY sucked. I can't get enough of MGS V, but sadly I have far too many other games to play right now to be able to finish it. I've put in nearly 100 hours and plan on doing at least another 100 more.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well your GOTY sucked. I can't get enough of MGS V, but sadly I have far too many other games to play right now to be able to finish it. I've put in nearly 100 hours and plan on doing at least another 100 more.

My GOTY was the objective fact, scientifically proven Game of the Year. Mario Maker was just the game of the year, so it doesn't matter if I personally agree with that reality or not.

Watching the Onimusha Warlords GI Replay and Tim Turi says Jason sounds like David Hayter when he's interviewed and not in character. Now I can never unhear that.

My GOTY was the objective fact, scientifically proven Game of the Year. Mario Maker was just the game of the year, so it doesn't matter if I personally agree with that reality or not.

I have no idea what that means. I have no interest in garbage like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4, though.

jaina

Haha, Xenoblade Chronicles in the community list instead of X.
Edit: Wiki link is correct, so typo it is.

6 of the top 10 user games have an extensive videos series on the site.

popo

Awwwww. Sad day.

One is the best anyway. It loses something being mouse driven but still totally playable.

I'm fairly certain Drew has forgotten were they ended MGS Scanlon. Poor Drew.

It would be funny if he came in and said he got bored and finished it over the break.

Speaking of which. I don't want to be "that guy" but premium content has been pretty lacking in the last few months. I understand why but your average paying customer doesn't want to hear excuses. GB has a super loyal audience but most businesses would have seen subs way down by now. If Netflix was only adding a few shows/movies a month you would have cancelled.

I see that we're talking about some content in here. You want content? Here's some damn content.

New monster factory.

toe to tip, this is a bart!

Polygon, to me, is like Mayo for Dan. If I tried it, I bet it would be okay but the idea puts me off.

popo

That cross coast QL worked really well didn't it. Audio mix could use a tweak but it was even more seamless than the Dirt one. When Vinny and Alex take vacation I hope they consider some coastal collaborations. I really liked those rare co-op quicklooks they would occasionally do. Remember that horror game with Vinny and Patrick?

Here's hoping. Although, I can imagine Dan just complaining the whole time that it isn't a true Metal Gear game and all the cool shit is just dumb shit because Kojima didn't work on it.

They should have done Rising first. I think MGS V might have poisoned the well. They don't publicise figures but I have to imagine a lot of viewers have dropped off.

Here's hoping. Although, I can imagine Dan just complaining the whole time that it isn't a true Metal Gear game and all the cool shit is just dumb shit because Kojima didn't work on it.

I thought he enjoyed the bit of it Drew played on UPF a few weeks ago? Or was that just Drew?

Regardless, Dan's wrong and it actually has one of the more coherent plots of any Metal Gear game.

justjim89

Hitman's pre-release messaging continues to be the confounding, backpedaling mess imaginable. The game itself looks great, and I suppose it's better than a straight-up delay, but I feel like the nature of the release format has changed like 3 times since it was announced.

Speaking of which. I don't want to be "that guy" but premium content has been pretty lacking in the last few months. I understand why but your average paying customer doesn't want to hear excuses. GB has a super loyal audience but most businesses would have seen subs way down by now. If Netflix was only adding a few shows/movies a month you would have cancelled.

With extra life and the studio move/GOTY following shortly after, it only makes sense that GBEast has been putting up the brunt of the premium content. Of course the average paying customer doesn't wanna hear it and they have every right not to, but generally most that are subbed to the site know about the stuff the SF office is going through.

I'm as excited for GBWest to start putting out some great premium content again like BB/MGScanlon/Demo Derby/etc as anyone else is. But if they're not ready to do it, then I can only wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom