• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally giantbomb brings back its esports coverage.

wrestling at least has a giant bomb connection to it since there's a premium feature that covers it

on the other hand, most of the anime discussions in this thread are barely related to GB (if at all)

there's been several times these past few weeks where I thought I clicked another thread by mistake because I had fucking nothing to contribute

Start watching anime, wrestling, and buy some sick gundam models to join in discussion.

SomberOwl

Has anyone here played Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below?

Would someone who has never played a DQ game before like it?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here played Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below?

Well, it's a Musou game, it's different. Haven't played it myself yet.

But a related question: did anyone catch that remark from Brad during the GOTY deliberations about the game? Sounded like they are not allowed to do a QL or something.
Jason played it during Extra Life, though.

Dineren

Banned
Well, it's a Musou game, it's different. Haven't played it myself yet, though.

But a related question: did anyone catch that remark from Brad during the GOTY deliberations about the game? Sounded like they are not allowed to do a QL or something.
Jason played it during Extra Life, though.

Maybe a music rights issue? If I recall correctly, the music is muted on the ps4 if you try to stream it (or maybe I'm thinking about a different game). I can't remember them ever having issues with that kind of thing in the past, but maybe there is something special about it.

Edit: Found an article by Patrick regarding it. Maybe it's related to this.

It's a Musou game so if you like those then it's worth checking out, I've not played much but the little that I have played so far was enjoyable even with no real fondness for DQ.

I work for a large organization myself, and it is sooo frustrating how long every little thing takes.

Yup, the amount of frustration that can come from one simple request makes me wonder how frustrating trying to get a studio built would be.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe a music rights issue? If I recall correctly, the music is muted on the ps4 if you try to stream it (or maybe I'm thinking about a different game). I can't remember them ever having issues with that kind of thing in the past, but maybe there is something special about it.

Edit: Found an article by Patrick regarding it. Maybe it's related to this.
Ok, that might've been what he was talking about and it has nothing to do with a QL.

Brashnir

You should watch it. Brock Lesnar destroyed Roman Reigns and the entire roster at the end of RAW on Monday.

It was so good.

You're telling me that a wrestling man pretended to beat up a whole bunch of other wrestling men on the big wrestling show Monday night?

Are you sure it wasn't a re-run?

Majine

Banned
I wonder how many of Giant Bomb fans also follow Red Letter Media. I think they are the GB of movies. Personality-driven, conversation-focused and low amounts of editing.

Zaph

:(

uqOKGW0.png

Zaph

That's a given. I just miss Bombin' the AM (even though the entire east coast crew replacing it is obviously better)

edit: Jeff talking about the podcast room setup/decoration discussions they were having yesterday http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/

edit2: they want to set up the room for good sound first before considering the video shit because they don't want decor interfering with sound quality.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I feel like I'm one of the few here who really likes bombing the AM. Felt like it hits its strides in the last half or so of the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom