• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

uqOKGW0.png

I'm not sure what the big deal is. People are charging money for a thing and other people are questioning the value and intent of said thing. The developer doesn't even seem miffed by it, not sure why Patrick has to come in and be offended on their behalf.

KingKong

I'm not sure what the big deal is. People are charging money for a thing and other people are questioning the value and intent of said thing. The developer doesn't even seem miffed by it, not sure why Patrick has to come in and be offended on their behalf.

I've seen that kind of response from the RPS review too and it's really annoying. It's OK to criticize something even if it means well, you don't have to couch it in how bad you feel about doing so

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the whole thing about "profiting off death" is a very shallow view on what art can represent and also a crass interpretation of the developer's personal story.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, who is even offended? Isn't it newsworthy that in the current state of video games, the sole existence of a game about cancer is questioned?

I think the whole thing about "profiting off death" is a very shallow view on what art can represent and also a crass interpretation of the developer's personal story.
Most video games are about death and killing, it's such a dumb argument.

Zaph

Some breaking mixlr

Dan and Jeff have been kicking an idea of a new show for around 6 months. Probably happening

Demo derby -like thing for all those promo video tapes.

Some breaking mixlr

Dan and Jeff have been kicking an idea of a new show for around 6 months. Probably happening

Demo derby -like thing for all those promo video tapes.

Also sounds like some existing features are probably going to get cut in favour of new stuff.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Well, I deleted the link but you can't blame me guys. I freaked the fuck out, I thought I was hallucinating for a moment. I still am seeing that shit, which is weird because it's normal on Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

I'm really glad that they're still doing MGScanlon. I need to hurry up and finish the MGS V story missions, though I enjoyed taking my time and just enjoying how great that game is.

tuxfool

Banned
The ending twist is stupid in the right way. It's biggest problem is the execution is garbage. The entire story is dumb, but I actually like the ending twist because of how stupid it is.

There is nothing wrong with it. It is just the way it is just thrown in there. Almost like they were trying to plug a hole too big to be plugged.

Oh you haven't seen that ending yet.

Oh dear.

We'll see. For me, the best MGS story stuff was in the MGS 1 and MGS 4. Regardless, I'm not going to dislike this game if it has a poor ending. I'm just anxious to be able to watch MGScanlon without being spoiled.

yami4ct

There is nothing wrong with it. It is just the way it is just thrown in there. Almost like they were trying to plug a hole too big to be plugged.

I think the bigger thing with the ending is.

Kojima was never going to portray Big Boss as a true villain. Ever since MGS3, he's seen him as a misunderstood hero. It's funny because his attempts to make him misunderstood have made BB seem like an insane asshole. The 'fall of Big Boss' fans desperately wanted both has already happened and something Kojima was never prepared to deliver.

tuxfool

Banned

Kojima was never going to portray Big Boss as a true villain. Ever since MGS3, he's seen him as a misunderstood hero. It's funny because his attempts to make him misunderstood have made BB seem like an insane asshole. The 'fall of Big Boss' fans desperately wanted both has already happened and something Kojima was never prepared to deliver.

Yup. all that too.
Men also didn't become demons, Medic turned out to be a pretty good guy in the game. That pivot at the end was totally unearned.

FluxWaveZ

But didn't MGSV's ending
depict Big Boss as a villain? He uses people for his own gain, exerting his influence for control. Going so far as to remove another's identity and agency. I saw Miller's tantrums to pretty much represent what he would detest in Big Boss, as a "good guy."

I feel like I missed something.

It's literally true because it's being sold, but one has to wonder if the people complaining would be offended by a commercially sold poem, novel, or movie about a loved one's death. I'm going to guess no.

Features getting cut?

RIP GBEast Playdates ;_;7

I spent too much time writing about my Top 10 games of 2015 if anyone cares to see a complete distillation of my personal tastes.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/yami4ct/lists/game-of-the-year-2015/355531/

That good taste at #1. SC's definitely one of the greatest JRPGs in recent memory. Also, I think that's where Cold Steel is gonna end up for me too, maybe a bit higher for all the same reasons you listed. Its a lot like Hunter x Hunter where it does everything right for an introduction/establishment of the characters and world for the rest of the series, but it's still an introduction and can definitely drag at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom