• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Dunno if anybody remembers me posting a picture of that car with the "NCKLEBK" plate last month, but I bumped into it again today and saw the driver this time. Middle-aged man.

They should drop Old Games Show and Ranking of Fighters because they're redundant with UPF and fucking boring. Replace the two with a show where they comment over old industry presentations and embarrassing promotional videos (They seem to actually be doing this.)

Old Games Show is just "Jeff Drug This Thing Out Of Storage In His Endless Rearranging And The Thing Still Works Show" which is AOK in my book.

Breaking Brad takes on Dwarf Fortress with Dan riding shotgun also needs to be a thing. Or maybe Dragon's Dogma since it just came out again.

Much upcoming
AON6CL5.png

yami4ct

So did Bad Robot almost do what Jeff is suggesting Valve pull with HL3? Revealing a Cloverfield movie 2 months before release is insane. I love when dumb stuff like this happens. The fact that the Whiplash guy is writing it is a good enough reason for me to be pumped.

Joeku

So did Bad Robot almost do what Jeff is suggesting Valve pull with HL3? Revealing a Cloverfield movie 2 months before release is insane. I love when dumb stuff like this happens. The fact that the Whiplash guy is writing it is a good enough reason for me to be pumped.

Yeah I was coming to the topic to mention it too. That's fucking great. Couldn't be more psyched.

John Goodman and Whiplash guy involved in a Cloverfield sequel coming out in three months! What a crazy awesome insane thing!

Lunar FC

I'm so hiffie.

Zaph

Absolutely insane, especially considering there are major actors in the film. That's some Sega Saturn shit.

But I'm kinda worried the reason they could keep it under wraps is because the entire film is in that bunker, so the script could have masqueraded as an unrelated film.

yami4ct

Absolutely insane, especially considering there are major actors in the film. That's some Sega Saturn shit.

But I'm kinda worried the reason they could keep it under wraps is because the entire film is in that bunker, so the script could have masqueraded as an unrelated film.

The script was filmed under a complexly different name, Valencia. It was billed as a thriller being released by Bad Robot. Since that kind of stuff happens all the time, everyone just said 'ok cool' and moved on. Smart move. As for whether or not the movie takes place entirely in the bunker, we don't know. I don't think the releases strategy means either way. It took awhile before we even knew Cloverfield was a monster flick.

Joeku

As I said in the OT topic, everything about the trailer looks first act. They'll definitely leave the bunker. Whether it's concurrent to the first movie or a sequel, it will involve a giant monster(s) if it's a Cloverfield movie.

Lijik

What was I missing earlier with Jeff put @JohnBoyega in his tweet?
john boyega is a well known steps enthusiasist and in his spare time is sponsored by espn's esports division. john is #1 in steps achieved across many games, and bob iger declared him "one of our most valuable assets- the boy can act the hell outta a star war and when it comes to video games? buddy he steps like nobodys business" When Geoff Keighly asked John Boyega, starring as Finn in Disneys Star Wars The Force Awakens out now in Theaters, if he had any words for his adversaries in the competive stepping esports scene John simply said "Step Off" and then stepped away.

its no wonder budding stepper and youtube sensation Jeff Gerstmann thought John "Hotstep420" Boyega would appreciate his breakthrough hot strat for Gone Home: Console Edition out now on Xbox One

Whats the next step for John Boyega? that remains to be seen. As for Jeff? He's pefecting his patented Gree Knife technique. "This is gonna be the key - the whole stepping scene changes with this" said Gerstmann. John Boyega declined to comment for this post

john boyega is a well known steps enthusiasist and in his spare time is sponsored by espn's esports division. john is #1 in steps achieved across many games, and bob iger declared him "one of our most valuable assets- the boy can act the hell outta a star war and when it comes to video games? buddy he steps like nobodys business" When Geoff Keighly asked John Boyega, starring as Finn in Disneys Star Wars The Force Awakens out now in Theaters, if he had any words for his adversaries in the competive stepping esports scene John simply said "Step Off" and then stepped away.

its no wonder budding stepper and youtube sensation Jeff Gerstmann thought John "Hotstep420" Boyega would appreciate his breakthrough hot strat for Gone Home: Console Edition out now on Xbox One

Whats the next step for John Boyega? that remains to be seen. As for Jeff? He's pefecting his patented Gree Knife technique. "This is gonna be the key - the whole stepping scene changes with this" said Gerstmann. John Boyega declined to comment for this post

This is shitpost of the year material

A+

Jothel

Thank you for this

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I remember Galaxy Quest fondly actually. Haven't seen it in 15 years though so I hope it holds up.

It does. Galaxy Quest is a genuinely good movie, a great comedy and an amazing film if you have any reverence for classic Trek like my entire family does. Its crazy that a late 90s Star Trek parody starring Tim Allen is as good as that movie is

Jothel

My wife suggested we watched a Rickman film tonight, I'm gonna have to demand Galaxy Quest now...

*edit*
also I'm gonna pimp my Mario Maker level again because it's my best one and not many people have played it, so... play it =D

Is Galaxy Quest good in a non ironic way?

I remember being 16 and dislike the movie.

Galaxy Quest is a fantastic parody film. One of the top 10 parodies. It works if you are a big fan of Star Trek but not afraid to have fun with how silly it can be at times. The few times it gets serious, and tries to shift the tone a bit, are brilliantly done too. Also...

e1fWEOw.jpg

...this book is fantastic.

Strax

Galaxy Quest is a fantastic parody film. One of the top 10 parodies. It works if you are a big fan of Star Trek but not afraid to have fun with how silly it can be at times. The few times it gets serious, and tries to shift the tone a bit, are brilliantly done too. Also...

Ok. I was watching TNG at the time but I wouldn't have called myself a fan. I've seen all the movies now and rewatched the TNG two times and seen most of the other shows.

That must be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom