• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Ok. I was watching TNG at the time but I wouldn't have called myself a fan. I've seen all the movies now and rewatched the TNG two times and seen most of the other shows.

That must be enough.

tbh i only really know trek from what i read about on tvtropes incidentally and aside from a few specific elements it also works generally as a parody about fanbases and episode writing for pretty much any serial fantasy/sci-fi western-style tv show

Semi GB related... with Will Smith leaving Tested I don't want to listen to This is Only a Test anymore (quality was going down over the past year anyways). Does anyone here have any recommendations for a general technology related podcast, nothing on one specific topic, but a light discussion about everything like Tested used to do. (I would ask in the Tested OT but no ones posted in over a month there)

jambo

Is Galaxy Quest good in a non ironic way?

I remember being 16 and dislike the movie.

This is a vote from a Star Trek convention in 2013

http://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-las-vegas-2013-day-2-recap

ngjqaJa.jpg

I'm a huge Trekkie and I think it should be higher >_>

Beastcast: Austin took bowling in college. Him and Dan are the same person confirmed.

I took archery. also a self-study phys ed class that largely consisted of filling in an online chart of what exercises you did each day.

phys ed requirements in college are stupid

daveo42

Banned
Beastcast: Austin took bowling in college. Him and Dan are the same person confirmed.

Surprised that the rest of the cast don't know Bowling is a college elective. There are a ton of sports electives you could take if you had the time or just wanted to fill in your schedule.

LiK

Surprised that the rest of the cast don't know Bowling is a college elective. There are a ton of sports electives you could take if you had the time or just wanted to fill in your schedule.

Damn, I didn't know that. Or maybe my school didn't offer it.

I nearly took bowling myself in my first semester of college -- it was even officially slotted in at one point during orientation but then it conflicted with something time-wise, so I had to change it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe it's because I went through something like a vocational school to get to my college course but I had no electives that are unrelated to the course.

Or Australian universities just don't do that in general.

hamchan

Opinion: Star Trek 2009 is great, Wrath of Kahn is boring.

My only experience with Star Trek though is 2009, Into Darkness, a season of beard Riker TNG and then Wrath of Kahn.

I think it really hits if you're already a big Trek fan but not so much if you're a newcomer.

Zaph

Maybe it's because I went through something like a vocational school to get to my college course but I had no electives that are unrelated to the course.

Sounds similar to the UK too, I didn't have any uni electives that weren't course related. There was extracurricular shit, but none of it could count towards official credits.

daveo42

Banned
I took Bowling and Snooker/Pool as a part of PE in high school. That was fun.

We took a field trip for bowling in High School PE. It was actually pretty great to take like half a day to go to a dive bowling alley. Never did pool though. That makes me sad.

Damn, I didn't know that. Or maybe my school didn't offer it.

Trust me. They offered it. Look through the catalog and you will see some more interesting electives you can take that are 1 credit hour and offer a Pass/Fail grade. It's there to eat up time and your money. But it still is fun.

Xater

That list is crap in general. Every real Trek fan knows the only great ones have even numbers and you exclude Nemesis.

When I started school, I was going for a tech degree. as part of my curriculum I needed

- history classes
- PE classes
- social science classes

when I switched to liberal arts I needed

- statistics
- mathematics

there's probably more but I can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom