• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know I'm going back and reading the start of the Galaxy Quest discussion from a few pages back, and I'm concerned that there are people who think this is only an ironically good movie or a good movie if you like Star Trek. I'm also concerned that we're currently descending into some sort of technolibertarianokaku discussion on this page and I need to go ahead and course correct.

Galaxy Quest is great y'all.

1GJJsdST4Ar5u.gif

It's great.

haR55xK.gif

It's fantastic.

Wunder

You know I'm going back and reading the start of the Galaxy Quest discussion from a few pages back, and I'm concerned that there are people who think this is only an ironically good movie or a good movie if you like Star Trek. I'm also concerned that we're currently descending into some sort of technolibertarianokaku discussion on this page and I need to go ahead and course correct.

Galaxy Quest is great y'all.

should I watch it if I haven't watched any Star Trek? (except the reboot movies I guess)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
should I watch it if I haven't watched any Star Trek? (except the reboot movies I guess)

When I first saw it, I had only seen about a season of Deep Space Nine (which isn't where any of the Star Trek tropes come from). It's a really good sci-fi comedy movie.

Zaph

When I first saw it, I had only seen about a season of Deep Space Nine (which isn't where any of the Star Trek tropes come from). It's a really good sci-fi comedy movie.

Yup. Not a fan of star trek (yet somehow watched all of Enterprise...) or star wars, yet still thought Galaxy Quest was genuinely great. Only one or maybe two notches below Spaceballs.

TraBuch

Banned
It goes:

Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
The Producers
Robin Hood
High Anxiety
Silent Movie
History of the World
Dracula
Spaceballs
Life Stinks

I've never seen The Twelve Chairs.

Jebusman

Banned
Spaceballs is a movie that only really holds up as you enter and exit a specific age range, and/or it's your first (and only) Mel Brooks film.

Like I never cared for it (or Mel Brooks) as a kid, but early teenage years became the best film on the planet, before going back to "Well it's a Mel Brooks film at least".

jaina

Guys I just watched Galaxy Quest in honor of Alan Rickman.

It's a good movie!
I have the same plan for this weekend. Never watched it and want to finally rectify that, in memory of Rickman and Tim Allen (before he wrote books). I also want to stop confusing it with Mars Attacks! (which I've already seen).
Glad to read the positive opinions.

Zaph

Is there anyone doing cuts of jefflr drives that gets rid of the periods of time where he isn't talking?

Sometimes there's the odd upload to youtube of a specific moment, but no, that would be a massive daily task for anyone.

If he didn't listen to the radio, it would be really easy to script and automate though.

popo

Sometimes there's the odd upload to youtube of a specific moment, but no, that would be a massive daily task for anyone.

If he didn't listen to the radio, it would be really easy to script and automate though.

Great image of Jeff driving alone in silence for an hour each way, occasionally talking to himself.

For LiS episode 5 today:
I really hope they choose the ending that clearly has more work put into it. And it would also be great if they just watched both of them.

Either way I'm pumped! Especially for
nightmares

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Milking puns aside, The Goat simulator folks seem to be milking that goat for all it's worth.

Yeah, no, I get it. Joke's staler than year old bread at this point.

For LiS episode 5 today:
I really hope they choose the ending that clearly has more work put into it. And it would also be great if they just watched both of them.

I'd be pretty stunned if they picked the other ending. If they really are playing through the whole thing, strap yourselves in (I marathoned as well on it the night it released).

LiK

I'd be pretty stunned if they picked the other ending. If they really are playing through the whole thing, strap yourselves in (I marathoned as well on it the night it released).

If they choose the shitty ending, they have no one else to blame for being disappointed than themselves.

AcridMeat

Banned
Galaxy Quest is one of my favorite Alan Rickman movies. He was so damn good in it.
It's usually one of the first Mel Brooks movies anyone sees, so one often has the fondest memories of it.

Men in Tights is where it's at.
Hell yeah! Spaceballs was the first DVD we owned, but I've seen Men in Tights so many more times. Blazing Saddles is amazing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom