• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Golgo 13. As soon as he sees modern anime he'll realize they don't make shit like that anymore and lose all interest. He may taste the nectar of Lupin and then see some Magical Girl bullshit and realize it's trash

I need him to watch Yu Yu Hakusho

it's like wrestling

There's heels

and faces

and heel face turn

and oh my god I need to rewatch it

ive been playing a whole lot of DEFCON ($1.50!) and Monaco ($2.50!) the past couple of nights. thank god this steam sale got those games cheap enough to convince my friends to pick them up. they're tons of fun with a full group.

edit: Yu Yu Hakusho dark tournament arc is so good. it's SO good.

justjim89

It's also a roguelite. Assuming you don't take forever thinking through turns, a full run can be done in, what, a couple hours? So you can play it amongst everything else.

I'm 12 hours into my first Invisible Inc. run and I've still not beaten it. Does the DLC lengthen the campaign?

Also, in discussing punishments in stealth games, Thief 2 does the best job in terms of balancing between empowering the player just enough to fight or escape from a tight spot, while still leaving the protagonist very vulnerable. You can save scum if you want, or you can take things as they roll. Garrett is an incredibly capable but incredibly vulnerable protagonist.

OkayRene

So in an attempt to catch up to Drew. I've been playing MGSV for the last week. it seems I beat "Chapter 1" of MGSV. Is the Chapter 2 stuff worth playing? Or should I skip it and just YouTube the cutscenes?

I heard some chatter about those missions being problematic. Did you enjoy them?

You got 2 types.

New missions which are basically more of what you have been doing and there are is some cool stuff there.

And then there are remixes of old missions with modifiers like you start with no equipment or you can not been seen or its game over. You can skip those. They have "subsistence" or something else before the name so its easy to just skip over them.

But yeah. The main story is kinda done and now its a bunch of metal gear fiction clean up before the game just kinda stops. Keep playing. Just dont expect it to really build towards any climactic moment.

justjim89

So in an attempt to catch up to Drew. I've been playing MGSV for the last week. it seems I beat "Chapter 1" of MGSV. Is the Chapter 2 stuff worth playing? Or should I skip it and just YouTube the cutscenes?

You're better off pretending the game is over. It's kind of a better package at that point. If you want to see all story stuff you could probably see it all in about 6 hours or so. But the last few missions really suck ass.

Tubobutts

OkayRene

You got 2 types.

New missions which are basically more of what you have been doing and there are is some cool stuff there.

And then there are remixes of old missions with modifiers like you start with no equipment or you can not been seen or its game over. You can skip those. They have "subsistence" or something else before the name so its easy to just skip over them.

But yeah. The main story is kinda done and now its a bunch of metal gear fiction clean up before the game just kinda stops. Keep playing. Just dont expect it to really build towards any climactic moment.

I did 33 which was a yellow mission. I don't think I can skip the Subsistence missions, even though they have blue dots. Nothing else has opened up after being 33.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously though, other than FLCL, samurai champloo and Nodame Cantabile (that one is cheating a bit) I don't think I've ever heard music in anime that I would call enjoyable outside of its context.

yami4ct

Seriously though, other than FLCL, samurai champloo and Nodame Cantabile (that one is cheating a bit) I don't think I've ever heard music in anime that I would call enjoyable outside of its context.

Gundam Unicorn's Soundtrack is GOAT territory. Just from this season, I'm really digging Noragami Aragoto's OST and would totally listen to it outside of the show.

demidar

I was pleased with the direction the new Tekketsu episode went. I was thinking it was getting a bit too optimistic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Assuming they'd dive into the new stuff, now would be kind of an awful time to to do it. The big two are both pretty rough this season.

Well Jeff is starting anime with a 20 something year old movie so I like to think they'd start with like.... Timeranger.

yami4ct

Well Jeff is starting anime with a 20 something year old movie so I like to think they'd start with like.... Timeranger.

For Sentai, Shinkenger would always be a good bet. It was a revival for Sentai for a reason.

For KR, God Dang Drive was good. There's also the old standbys like W as well.

LiK

i just finished Tales from the Borderlands. OMG, one of the best adventure games ever. What an epic fun story. You guys were right.

Looks like Danny (in seemingly a span of a week) now really likes Star Wars. He finished watching the original trilogy (he seemed to love all three, especially Return of the Jedi) and it sounds like he really loved The Force Awakens. I wonder if he'll brave the prequels, if he hasn't already (I think Revenge of the Sith is actually a very good movie that gets unfairly lumped together with the other two).

I recently marathoned all the star wars movies with some friends, and Revenge was better than I remembered, but possibly just due to the sheer abysmalness that proceeded it.

Everything after it (including TFA) absolutely blows it out of the water though.

EYES ON THE ROAD, RYCKERT FAMILY

c7qVwR4.png

danm999

I recently rewatched them all too and found Revenge a bit worse than I remember. It's sort of not that movie's fault in a vacuum of course since it had to cram all the important stuff that should have been developed over two or three movies into a single movie, since Episode I and II waste so much time.

Lelcar

This weather is fucking insane. I've lived in Ontario, Canada for most of my life and when I was a kid it was full-on snowing before Halloween even happens every winter. Now? It's Christmas and it's 13 Celsius, very warm, no snow. There's never not been snow in December. Listen dog, I'm just sayin this world is sick. The weather, the horrible events happens in the world.

What have I been playin? Grand Theft Auto V PS4 edition, for the first time! Holy shit this game is amazing. I mean, there's some map and control issues and some other minor stuff that seem kinda archaic in 2015, but that Rockstar attention to detail, clever satire, and I really like this story, it's fantastic.

Anyway I'm drunk and I should sleep. Oh, Jeff said on twitter that he's playing Tokyo Bus Guide. Dude's going full on otaku these last week. Good on you byeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom