• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

Jason refollowed Dan on Twitter. It's a Christmas miracle.

https://twitter.com/unastrike/status/679945514951950337

I give it a week.

2707105-dans_fall.gif

Tubobutts

My sleep schedule is already messed up so should I just stay up and watch Project B.E.A.S.T and then try to stay awake for the rest of the day?

Teddified

Too bad none of the guys finished Tales from the Borderlands. Some of the ending sequences could easily be a Best Moment contender.

Jintor

why is it 2015 and steam still doesn't let you put something in your cart directly from the search page or from your wishlist

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna do my monthly Designer Notes Podcast recommendation, as there's a great one that interviews Klei's Jamie Cheng, and it goes into lots and lots of neat details about the development difficulties of Invisible Inc (and Mark Of The Ninja and etc, etc.).
They seem like a cool company. I remember this little video about them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBIE2njA80

And that was before some of their newer successful games. The breadth of the games they make, while being all pretty much great, is quite impressive as well.

As bad of a year this has been for fps games, it was so good for rpgs

Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Undertale, Underrail, Age of Decadence, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun Hong Kong
Divinity: Original Sin:EE!

Yeah, I just hope some of them eventually play it. I'd love to hear them talk about the game.

The entire last hour really is just best moment after best moment.

Probably Telltale's best game yet, beating even TWD.

Beat Moment or Sequence should rightfully be Borderlands' Title Sequences.

But it won't be. :(
They absolutely nail that last episode. The writing is great, the cast is great, and unlike other TT games the impact your decisions make really do affect how things play out.

Might be the best thing they've done, if not it's a really close second place to twd:s1

Myggen

Played through Tales from the Borderlands yesterday and thought it was a bit... meh. Kinda funny at times, but nothing special. And my god is there virtually no interactivity with that thing. The title sequences were pretty good though.

Anyways, time to watch Project B.E.A.S.T.

Played through Tales from the Borderlands yesterday and thought it was a bit... meh. Kinda funny at times, but nothing special. And my god is there virtually no interactivity with that thing. The title sequences were pretty good though.

Yeah, I wasn't really feeling it either. It was okay, but nothing amazing. Maybe the novelty of Telltale games has worn off on me.

Sometimes I think there's some sort of Stockholm Syndrome effect where the shitty writing of the Borderlands games is making people think that TftB's decent writing is way better than it actually is.

hamchan

Yeah, I wasn't really feeling it either. It was okay, but nothing amazing. Maybe the novelty of Telltale games has worn off on me.

Sometimes I think there's some sort of Stockholm Syndrome effect where the shitty writing of the Borderlands games is making people think that TftB's decent writing is way better than it actually is.

Or possibly you're unable to tell amazing writing even when it slaps you in the face.

jaina

I watched LPs of TWD S1, TWD S2 and Wolf Among Us, so TftB was the first Telltale game I played myself. Played 1 hour of Borderlands 2. All that might affect why Tales from the Borderlands is my game of the year. (Stick of Truth was last year's btw)
But I'm glad you gave it a chance.

Zaph

Like almost all video games, TftB's writing isn't great. But what that game does have is flashes where the writing, action, and (most importantly) editing comes together to create a truly fantastic moment.

But yeah, the interactivity is minimal which is why they're able to edit things in a way which most video games cannot due to control and gameplay. Not to keep banging the drum, but that's what impressed me so much with Soma, it doesn't have that luxury but still nails all the story beats and atmosphere.

hamchan

Operation I need to stay up for at least another 16 hours and I'm already way more tired than I thought I was is underway! I'm going to watch GBEast play Contradiction.

It is a legit way to fix a sleep schedule. You feel like shit for a day and you might get a massive headache from sleep deprivation but it works.

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh... Vinny REALLY needs to learn how to actually get to orbit in KSP first before trying to do anything else. He does it the least efficient way right now and that's why he's always low on fuel.

Also... Orbit plane...

danm999

Ugh... Vinny REALLY needs to learn how to actually get to orbit in KSP first before trying to do anything else. He does it the least efficient way right now and that's why he's always low on fuel.

I agree, he needs to move back to sweeping the floor.

vinny's proven he can pretty much just blunder his way through anything. but I will say that changing out those late stage engines for something more efficient (in space)/lower power will solve a lot of their problems.

but seriously, lol @ vinny counting on terminal velocity on the moon and alex suggesting the parachute

daydream

Banned
if you have p&d mario bros. edition, there's a free update on the eshop (ver. 2.0) that adds some transformations, helpers and other stuff on the mario side

Wunder

They found a nice way to include some action scenes with those wusses Rhys and Vaughn.

Yeah they've definitely improved those action sequences since TWD S1 but mashing Q and pressing E still isn't that great. The characters are pretty cool though and the extended BL universe/DLC has a lot of unexplored stuff

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though funnily enough he mostly mark things down because he doesn't think it has good value.

And most of the reason that he likes taco bell is because he thinks it's good value because it's cheap.

MNC

THEY FUCKING DID IT THEY FUCKING LANDED ON THE MOON I SCREAMED SO LOUD YES GOOD JOB GUYS HOLY SHIT

I love these videos man, Project BEAST gets me so psyched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom