• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

THEY FUCKING DID IT THEY FUCKING LANDED ON THE MOON I SCREAMED SO LOUD YES GOOD JOB GUYS HOLY SHIT

I love these videos man, Project BEAST gets me so psyched

Edit - All the spoilers on this page are for Kerbal Project B.E.A.S.T. avoid them if you haven't watched yet.

Yay, they made it halfway!

THEY FUCKING DID IT THEY FUCKING LANDED ON THE MOON I SCREAMED SO LOUD YES GOOD JOB GUYS HOLY SHIT

I love these videos man, Project BEAST gets me so psyched

nasa-uproar-o.gif

Now the real work begins.

popo

So which of these Trails games on steam is the one some of you were talking up? I can't tell where to start. some are pretty old. Some only on PSP. Some are remakes.

probably a dumb question, but I haven't done this in years.

if I'm upgrading my video card (nvidia > nvidia), if I just swap them out, windows 7 should just recognize that the hardware's been changed and deal with it accordingly? basically what I'm asking is if there's any bios fuckery involved or if it's really as easy as I think it is

e: I understand I'll need to futz with drivers

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

if I'm upgrading my video card (nvidia > nvidia), if I just swap them out, windows 7 should just recognize that the hardware's been changed and deal with it accordingly? basically what I'm asking is if there's any bios fuckery involved or if it's really as easy as I think it is

Yes. You should be fine.

danm999

Yup, you'll just need to update drivers and that's it.

KingKong

Dan is just your typical midwestern blue collar guy and not at all a San Francisco hipster - periscoping his foodie vlogs on his way home from his videogame job

danm999

Dan is just your typical midwestern blue collar guy and not at all a San Francisco hipster - periscoping his foodie vlogs on his way home from his videogame job

Creating custom video game levels for a competition to benefit a mental health charity, being a co-host in a pun themed life advice podcast that repeatedly stresses communication and understanding, ironically celebrating the reception of a landed European gentry title, attending underground performance art in the form of wrestling where copious amounts of recreational drugs are used, having strict arguably unworkable dietary restrictions based on a rigid code...

Fuck Dan might actually be the most San Francisco person in San Francisco.

Chuck

Still without luck
any good youtube ksp videos worth watching? i feel like i'm not patient enough to learn the hard way at the mo.

Jeff talking about elite:dangerous got me to dilute it up again. I really like that game, but I really hate I just don't have the free time to really dig into it.

Volcynika

A lot of people seem to like these games, but I suspect their tastes vary wildly from mine. What is it that you like about it? Is it more for the story/setting/characters or more for the mechanical game elements?

The battle system is fine, but I really appreciate the story and world building. So many people to talk to with their own things going on, changing dialogue after most (close to all) story events, and it feels a bit more alive, or something? Battle system is fine, and the game isn't a high challenge aside from some things near the end, but it was fun enough. It is a bit of a slow build though, which is why I'm looking forward to sitting down and playing SC, which is improved from what I heard.

Megasoum

Banned
any good youtube ksp videos worth watching? i feel like i'm not patient enough to learn the hard way at the mo.

Scott Manley is the person you're looking for here.

Seconded for Scott Manley... Especially for the more "educational" stuff (tutorials and things like that).

If you want to see some mind blowing shit check out ShimmyTheJJ, he did a lot of realistic looking ships with a modded version of the game that scales the Kerbal system to the size of the real solar system (so basically 6x bigger than the base game). He built some fucking HUGE and beautiful rockets to get to Duna (Mars).

Another great one is EJ_SA. He doesn't have a Youtube channel but you can watch his VODs on Twitch.

He plays WITHOUT any mods and makes super realistic shuttles (he's a space shuttle maniac). Mostly low Kerbal orbit with shuttle and planes and stuff like that.

I mean... To give you an idea... He made this fully functionnal 747 to ferry around his fully functional Space Shuttte. This is all KSP stock, zero mods. He's crazy.

Chuck

Still without luck
Seconded for Scott Manley... Especially for the more "educational" stuff (tutorials and things like that).

If you want to see some mind blowing shit check out ShimmyTheJJ, he did a lot of realistic looking ships with a modded version of the game that scales the Kerbal system to the size of the real solar system (so basically 6x bigger than the base game). He built some fucking HUGE and beautiful rockets to get to Duna (Mars).

Another great one is EJ_SA. He doesn't have a Youtube channel but you can watch his VODs on Twitch.

He plays WITHOUT any mods and makes super realistic shuttles (he's a space shuttle maniac). Mostly low Kerbal orbit with shuttle and planes and stuff like that.

I mean... To give you an idea... He made this fully functionnal 747 to ferry around his fully functional Space Shuttte. This is all KSP stock, zero mods. He's crazy.

Yeah i'm too stupid for this -n-

A lot of people seem to like these games, but I suspect their tastes vary wildly from mine. What is it that you like about it? Is it more for the story/setting/characters or more for the mechanical game elements?

I'm not too far into it -- about seven hours -- but it's got great characters and a bustling world full of people to talk to. The combat is fun and incorporates positioning and movement better than a lot of the games in the genre. I'm not quite as high on it as some of the other people in this thread but I'm enjoying it.

Holy shit that is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom