• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the Game of the Year theme is actually gonna be?

Was hoping for them doing a parody of a Demo Derby Behind the Scenes video but them moving offices might've thrown a wrench at that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Project BEAST is very soothing. I've briefly dozed off while watching each of the last two episodes. That's not a knock on it at all.
Lately I've been watching GB content exclusively before bed or a nap and I might've Pavlov conditioned myself to get sleepy while watching it. Not sure if that's good or bad yet, but I'm way behind on their videos.

So, I will admit that maybe I was being a bit excessive when I claimed that Vinny's rocket could make it to Duna and back. I built as close a facsimile as I could and I was only capable of a Duna "landing." To be fair, I'm not "great" at the game, and have not managed a successful Duna landing in general. But, that was my first attempt with this rocket, and I just kind of winged it a bit.

Maybe Ike is a more realistic option, I've never tried an Ike landing before, but I assume it has gravity similar to Minimus.

Video of my attempt.

Project BEAST is great.

I wish it more then weekly but I guess you gotta spread the goodness out.

Rip Bill. One small step for kerbal kind. One giant rocket powered leap into the ground.

Brashnir

So, I will admit that maybe I was being a bit excessive when I claimed that Vinny's rocket could make it to Duna and back. I built as close a facsimile as I could and I was only capable of a Duna "landing." To be fair, I'm not "great" at the game, and have not managed a successful Duna landing in general. But, that was my first attempt with this rocket, and I just kind of winged it a bit.

Maybe Ike is a more realistic option, I've never tried an Ike landing before, but I assume it has gravity similar to Minimus.

Video of my attempt.

I appreciate that you even put those stupid, pointless lights on the fuel tanks.

popo

It's like they wrote this song just for me. Merry Christmas everyone!

Christmas will break your heart
If your world is feeling small
There’s no one on the phone
You feel close enough to call
Christmas will crush your soul
Like that laid back rock 'n' roll
But your body’s getting old
It’s much too tired to be so bold
Christmas can wreck your head
Like some listless awkward sex
So you refuse to leave your bed
Get depressed when no one checks
Christmas will break your heart
Like the armies of the unrelenting dark
Once the peace talks fall apart

Christmas will shove you down
So just lay back in the snow
That quiet wind won't wake
What inside you has grown cold
Christmas will drown your love
Like a storm down from above
On your fading memories of a normal life
Oh while I thought to make you mine
Believing in the line
That your heart would melt with time
And though you’re out with them again
Your thick and fickle friends
They might replace the love that ends

http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/

Tubobutts

BILL DIDN'T HAVE TO DIE

Bill was the first Kerbal on the moon and has a site named after him. What if when he went back to Kerbin and it turned out he was a racist? Instead of being mired in controversy he died doing what he loved, going way too fast for no reason and will now live forever.

Merry Christmas, duders. As you celebrate, though, remember to take a moment to think of Bill's poor family. Because of one man who shall not be named here, this time for celebration is instead a time of mourning. #justiceforbill

I appreciate that you even put those stupid, pointless lights on the fuel tanks.

I thought I had the right number of lights. The thing I know I was missing was something that was sticking off the crew capsule. On one side he has the electricity generator, on the other side there's some weird flat thing sticking out. I couldn't tell what that was.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm stuck in a shitty Christmas family party and now my aunt just brought out her bingo karaoke game and FML. Please kill me.

PS: I'm hiding in the bathroom right now.

Brashnir

I'm stuck in a shitty Christmas family party and now my aunt just brought out her bingo karaoke game and FML. Please kill me.

That sucks man. I had to endure some dumb shit at my family's Xmas party last weekend, but at least the game I set up for everyone was a hit.

santeesioux

My immediate family (parents, sister) gave up on being around extended family during the holidays years ago, it was one of the best decisions we have ever made.

justjim89

Played MGSV for the first time in months. That game plays great.

But fuck that game and all it stands for.

The Fox engine is incredible, though. If only Konami was still a video game company.

Megasoum

Banned
My immediate family (parents, sister) gave up on being around extended family during the holidays years ago, it was one of the best decisions we have ever made.

Man... I envy you. I love my immediate family and I'm always happy to see them but the extended? Ugh... Once a year is already too much.

dan's christmas

CXCZ45HWQAAd7kw.jpg:medium

that rocky poster is pretty fucking dope

yami4ct

So yakuza gaf, am I good to play Y5 without jumping onto the other 4 games first?

5 is an OK starting point, but 4 would be more ideal. If you've been keeping up with PS+, you might even have it for free.

If you wanted to play both, you could mainline 4 and get the gist of the characters and worlds and then go all out with 5. The only PS3 game I would say not to start with is 3. You could, but it's easily the worst in the series and it heavily relies on the stories of 1+2.

I actually have bought 4 at some point. Might start that first.

Starting with 4 and moving to 5 is the best for newcomers. Missing out on the first three is inconsequential, in my opinion. Ought to treat it as backstory. Not much in the way of plot threads shared between games.

I'm about what feels like halfway through Yakuza 1 and I am seriously hoping they fix the combat in 2. Good lord.

It is fixed. Then in some ways worse in 3. Then better again from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom