• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it's devastating rewatching that stuff remembering that it was less than a month before he passed.

2.5 years later and it's still crushing and I never even met the dude

Also, rewatching that PS4 reveal, I got a chuckle seeing Brad being so pumped to potentially see the gameplay reveal of Destiny. If only he knew just how big of a game it would become for him.

Big ups to Austin for reinvigorating my love for Invisible, Inc. I cleared it on experienced for the first time today by the absolute skin of my teeth and it was the most nerve-wracking and exhilarating experience I've had in a while. That game is a tight, perfect package.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they do that, I hope they kick it off with the promo video featuring the best game developer there is
, was, and the best there ever will be
:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdIGG36GgU
Bret programming video games meanwhile
hbk%2Bcomputer.gif

I think that's just a matter of not having all the cards available to you. Some of those starting cards are extremely bad. But, that's what all TCGs are about.

Yeah, it might be that. I saved up a whole bunch of coins over the last 4 weeks and started to unlock a bunch of the Solo Adventures with that. I noticed I was enjoying it so I fully unlocked the last one with real money. I refuse to buy cards with actual money though, so will now be saving up coins solely for that.

I now have Grim Patron though and I am enjoying that nonsense I can do with him.

Yeah, it might be that. I saved up a whole bunch of coins over the last 4 weeks and started to unlock a bunch of the Solo Adventures with that. I noticed I was enjoying it so I fully unlocked the last one with real money. I refuse to buy cards with actual money though, so will now be saving up coins solely for that.

I now have Grim Patron though and I am enjoying that nonsense I can do with him.

EVERYONE, GET IN HERE

IIRC the Naxxramas adventure had the most "bang for your buck" in terms of card rewards for it. From what I've seen and played, they're really awesome twists on the game even if the AI is a little dumb sometimes. I love the latest one.

Lijik

After the beastcast ep ive been gunning to play Fiasco with my tabletop crew. We finally did this evening

Our game included such scenes as an hippopotamus being let loose in the antarctic and a snuff film director knocking another character out with a buttplug. Would recommend.

Joeku

Boy, I super hope they don't quick look That Dragon, Cancer. I don't even know how they could talk about it on a podcast beyond "Yeah, it's a bummer. Play it if you can stomach it."

It was a rough two hours or so.

Did GB ever take a look at Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist in any form? I know it is not suited to a QL, but it seems suitable for quick dabble on UPF.

I typed that name from memory!

Did GB ever take a look at Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist in any form? I know it is not suited to a QL, but it seems suitable for quick dabble on UPF.

I typed that name from memory!

That's one of those games that just feels like youtube bait. Like, I've seen some 'playthroughs' of it where I suppose the youtubers get personalized copies.

That's one of those games that just feels like youtube bait. Like, I've seen some 'playthroughs' of it where I suppose the youtubers get personalized copies.

I would put stuff like Goat Simulator and I Am Bread in that catagory, not this. A Whirlwind Heist is pretty clever IMO, and managed to make me laugh a bunch of times, not because it was stupid, but because the jokes had good timing. I think it is hard to get comedy right in a game, so I applaud this game for that reason alone. Jazzpunk was one of the few other games to get humor right for me.

I would put stuff like Goat Simulator and I Am Bread in that catagory, not this. A Whirlwind Heist is pretty clever IMO, and managed to make me laugh a bunch of times, not because it was stupid, but because the jokes had good timing. I think it is hard to get comedy right in a game, so I applaud this game for that reason alone. Jazzpunk was one of the few other games to get humor right for me.

I would say there is a huge umbrella of youtube bait games.

I would include all of those that you mentioned in them. Including the first one.

I'M SORRY KEYSER, BUT I SEE ONLY YOUTUBERS PLAY THOSE GAMES.

Jintor

After the beastcast ep ive been gunning to play Fiasco with my tabletop crew. We finally did this evening

Our game included such scenes as an hippopotamus being let loose in the antarctic and a snuff film director knocking another character out with a buttplug. Would recommend.

We ended up playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes instead, but I'm determined to get a round in before my group breaks up for good :(

did you use physical die? I'm at a deficit.

Lijik

We ended up playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes instead, but I'm determined to get a round in before my group breaks up for good :(

did you use physical die? I'm at a deficit.

We did. One of the group members bought a huge bag of assorted dice that we use for games. We wound up splitting it between white dice and non-white dice

I'm watching the "better with nacho cheese" segment from 2015's BLLSL,

Dan Ryckert's ability to slowly transform Giant Bomb into america's favorite food stuntz website is truly remarkable.

I'm watching the "better with nacho cheese" segment from 2015's BLLSL,

Dan Ryckert's ability to slowly transform Giant Bomb into america's favorite food stuntz website is truly remarkable.

My favorite segment was them having Adam Boyes, John Drake, and Dave Lang judging games from a Giant Bomb-themed game jam. I remember Jeff saying they may do something with the ones from the most recent game jam (my guess, a UPF segment).

Also, why no Kerbal on the schedule! The previous episode had a next episode preview. I figured they were always a week ahead with the recordings (which I assume is done so to allow them to include previews of the next episode after each episode ends). Boo, I say! Boo!

Jintor

We did. One of the group members bought a huge bag of assorted dice that we use for games. We wound up splitting it between white dice and non-white dice

what playset did you end up going with? there's so many!

I guess I'll bite the bullet and grab the fiasco playbook. Think I need the companion?

fleck0

I think it got a sequel so it must have done ok, but the sequel got canned at some point.

I thought Super Monday Night Combat was amazing, Dota and the original game's combat more made tactical. Uber kind of screwed it up with the microtransactions/hats and eventually abandoned it for Planetary Annhilation.

They also patched Amazing Announcer Chickey Cantor out of the game.

Lijik

what playset did you end up going with? there's so many!

I guess I'll bite the bullet and grab the fiasco playbook. Think I need the companion?
we did the antarctic playset thats in the base book! we considered "objective zebra" off the site based on the name but wound up a little disappointed with the actual scenario.

i was considering picking up the companion until i saw just how many free playsets are already on their site. i cant imagine playing so much fiasco that we wind up exhausting all of those or the base tilt options. getting new aftermath tables sounds neat but i dont think id want to spend 20 bucks on a book just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom