• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentyn

Watched the Dragon's Dogma QL and immediately bought the game afterwards and played it for most of Sunday. Only reached the first big city, but I am really enjoying it so far.

I am surprised nobody has copied the Pawn system. It is a really great idea.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

danm999

Jeff's Sonic endorsement has sent me down the YouTube hole that is listening to all Jeff's Bombcast rants.

I think the Resident Evil remake remake one might be my favourite. Though his Destiny GOTY 2014 and Halo MCC rants are very, very strong.

Jeff's Sonic endorsement has sent me down the YouTube hole that is listening to all Jeff's Bombcast rants.

I think the Resident Evil remake remake one might be my favourite. Though his Destiny GOTY 2014 and Halo MCC rants are very, very strong.
The Nights rant is pretty great.

tumblr_mel7jsDD5q1qg4blro1_500.gif
And that problem is no Kerbal.

Patryn

monday? holiday?

What fantasy are they living?

The "It's a federal holiday in the US for most people but not me because my work is stingy as fuck" fantasy. Also known as MLK Jr. Day.

Then again, I pretty much just have a half-day tomorrow, because my work is doing a private showing of Star Wars for the entire office in the afternoon.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the SQUAD Unfinished. I love the fact that it took Drew 15min into that video before he fired his first shot

And I'm not sarcastic when I say that... It's cool he's playing his role.

My heart goes out to all you non-MLK holiday getting buddies.

I'm going to be chomping on popcorn at a matinee for The Revenant.

The way my work phased out some of the 'lesser' holidays is kind of shitty. We used to get them all and then for two years they said that was too many so we had to choose one of three holidays to get off and after that they just got rid of all of them. So now we just work all holidays except the major ones.

Jintor

Very minor LiS e2 spoilers. Like super minor.

So there's a scene where you sort of recreationally hang out with guns and did anybody else get this incredible nagging sense of just complete anxiety the entire time? I get that it's not like everyday part of american life or whatever but combined with butterfly effect + generalised bad-things-happen-to-protagonists my heart was in my mouth the whole time.

it's kind of amazing how max and chloe are taking things fairly seriously and yet still don't appear to be taking things seriously enough at all

omgkitty

So there's a scene where you sort of recreationally hang out with guns and did anybody else get this incredible nagging sense of just complete anxiety the entire time? I get that it's not like everyday part of american life or whatever but combined with butterfly effect + generalised bad-things-happen-to-protagonists my heart was in my mouth the whole time.

it's kind of amazing how max and chloe are taking things fairly seriously and yet still don't appear to be taking things seriously enough at all

That's pretty much how Alex was during that entire segment.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I wish I had reactions like that.
I just thought David is supposed to be the militia-like/ex-military type. I also played it when that Oregon militia thing started, though.

Jintor

Though it was more about
gun safety
than any deadly premonition about the characters.

all of those things combined. especially the
gun safety stuff.

when chloe shot a thing and it richochette'd I was pretty GAAAAHHHHHH for a hot second there

also untagged end game decision spoiler made it right to the top of my tumblr feed, thanks tumblr not having a fucking spoiler button or something. like your entire community is built on fan shit where's your goddamn spoiler button? and if you have it and nobody knows why don't you tell more people?

daveo42

Banned
I actually wrapped LiS yesterday. Whoo boy those last two episodes. That game does some absolute 'what the fuck' places in the final episode and that ending hit just as hard.

Finally watched the John Vignocchi On Cake Wars video... This is incredible to watch when you know the guy and what else he did in the past hahaha.

I think I need to see that entire episode now. I watched the Super Mario Maker one. Some decent looking cakes, but characters made from fondant always seem to be screaming out "Oh god please kill me!" like a few in Johnny V's video.

tumblr_nru61aUXeb1uthxc0o10_1280.png

Yeah, the
gun
stuff was uncomfortable. Never came close to factoring into my teenage horsing around. Weak pellet guns yes, but even that was extremely rare & limited

Jintor

i couldn't tell if it was deliberate or a rare instance of supreme culture gap. Max didn't seem nearly as freaked out as I was so I couldn't quite tell

Jintor

I haven't watched it yet out even seen the thumbnail but there's a greater than half chance they're robot boobs and thus okay.

I think that's how the logic goes right?

I think gits raises some interesting points about the meaning of body identity when you can just transfer consciousness between mobile platforms but it doesn't always explore them in every arm of its media empire

all of those things combined. especially the
gun safety stuff.

when chloe shot a thing and it richochette'd I was pretty GAAAAHHHHHH for a hot second there

also untagged end game decision spoiler made it right to the top of my tumblr feed, thanks tumblr not having a fucking spoiler button or something. like your entire community is built on fan shit where's your goddamn spoiler button? and if you have it and nobody knows why don't you tell more people?
I use the Tumblr Savior extension to blacklist any terms related to games I'm currently playing (along with a few choice phrases such as "anime," "Steven Universe," and "Undertale"). Doesn't work on mobile though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom