• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I started watching Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, it's really good guys, you should check it out.

That's the only show from this season that has really stood out to me. I really have to check it out. Between GunPla and Video Games, the only anime I've had time to keep up with are Gitntama and Iron-Blooded Orphans. I definitely should pick up at least 1 more thing for this in-between time between now and spring when Ushio & Tora Season 2 and Concrete Revolutio Season 2 both hit.

Really hope we get a Noragami season 3 announcement sooner rather than later. If any show this year deserves another pickup, it's that one.

I'm finally building my Gundam. I made the shoulders/chest bit and just put the smallest sticker I've ever seen in my life on its helmet. Only 34 more steps of 6 substeps each left.

Fireblend

Banned
That's the only show from this season that has really stood out to me. I really have to check it out. Between GunPla and Video Games, the only anime I've had time to keep up with are Gitntama and Iron-Blooded Orphans. I definitely should pick up at least 1 more thing for this in-between time between now and spring when Ushio & Tora Season 2 and Concrete Revolutio Season 2 both hit.

Really hope we get a Noragami season 3 announcement sooner rather than later. If any show this year deserves another pickup, it's that one.

You should, so far it's hit all the right notes for me. The plot so far is interesting, and there's something in the color palette they used for episode 2 that made it feel pretty unique and kind of reminded me of Dennou Coil and I loved that too.

And you're right about Noragami.
That cliffhanger ending... I thought the first season did really bad and it was a miracle we got S2 at all, did it suddenly get super popular or something? I really didn't see that ending tease coming.

am I doing it right

These give me mixed feelings, like looking into a parallel universe where that was a super feel-good episode :p

I'm finally building my Gundam. I made the shoulders/chest bit and just put the smallest sticker I've ever seen in my life on its helmet. Only 34 more steps of 6 substeps each left.

Sigh.

My brother got me a Gundam Barbatos model and I've built most of it but stopped as soon as I had to place this tiny ass sticker on the legs.

I have to finish it soon or else I'll just completely forget about it.

yami4ct

What kit are you building. I'm building the MG V2 right now, and if you want to see a lot of work/steps, look at the manual for that thing. Oh boy. Transformable MS are always the best/worst.

You should, so far it's hit all the right notes for me. The plot so far is interesting, and there's something in the color palette they used for episode 2 that made it feel pretty unique and kind of reminded me of Dennou Coil and I loved that too.

And you're right about Noragami.
That cliffhanger ending... I thought the first season did really bad and it was a miracle we got S2 at all, did it suddenly get super popular or something? I really didn't see that ending tease coming.

am I doing it right

Anime adaptations tend to be used more as advertisements for the manga, so DVD sales and such, though still important, aren't really as important as how the volumes are selling. I'm really not sure at all how Noragami did. It seems to amassed a decent following on streaming services in the west, but that isn't really indicative of any important measures. Given they were willing to give it a S2, I expect a S3 isn't completely out of the question since the manga is still going.

The
cliffhanger ending isn't necessarily testing more anime to come. It's just opening the next magna plot line and giving them the jumping off point if they were to do a S3.

hamchan

I started watching Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, it's really good guys, you should check it out.

Honestly seems like the only thing worth watching this season.

Anime updates:

I finished watching Angel Beats. That was a show that was hurt by being only a 13 episode series. You could tell they planned it to be much longer based on the huge cast and it's unfortunate that you only find out the backstory for a few characters. Plot lines ended up being super rushed, the tone changes instantly from one episode to another, and characters leave without being given a proper farewell. I feel if this series had been longer I would be crying at the ending but instead I'm just left with "Oh that's a bit sad".

My current Crunchyroll queue when I just went around randomly adding stuff is now:

Digimon Adventure Tri
Monogatri Second Season
Yowamushi Pedal
Log Horizon
Haikyu!!
White Album 2
Love Live! School Idol Project
Parasyte -the maxim-
Polar Bear Cafe
My Wife is the Student Council President

yami4ct

Honestly seems like the only thing worth watching this season.

Anime updates:

I finished watching Angel Beats. That was a show that was hurt by being only a 13 episode series. You could tell they planned it to be much longer based on the huge cast and it's unfortunate that you only find out the backstory for a few characters. Plot lines ended up being super rushed, the tone changes instantly from one episode to another, and characters leave without being given a proper farewell. I feel if this series had been longer I would be crying at the ending but instead I'm just left with "Oh that's a bit sad".

My current Crunchyroll queue when I just went around randomly adding stuff is now:

Digimon Adventure Tri
Monogatri Second Season
Yowamushi Pedal
Log Horizon
Haikyu!!
White Album 2
Love Live! School Idol Project
Parasyte -the maxim-
Polar Bear Cafe
My Wife is the Student Council President

You could knock out Digimon Adventure Tri in a single sitting if you get to it before the second volume hits. I found it to be really neat. It's a whole lot of setup, and a lot of people didn't dig the school drama and somber tone, but I really dug it as an evolution from the old Adventure stuff.

Official Playstation Magazine Demo DVD Issue 86 has a Ghost in the Shell SAC demo. Just putting it out there.

Tweezers are crucial with the tiny stickers. I built my first MG in ages this weekend and even with tweezers, it's not easy. The hands are what I struggled with most. Articulation improved greatly over the old MGs, but boy do they feel fragile.

spoilers for what, dingus

"I'll put it in the microwave if I hit 500 viewers"

Dan knows how to engage a community.

in my heart of hearts it pains me to know that he could maybe put this, whatever this is, into some kind of interesting performance art

but apparently several thousand people find these things interesting so art is dead and I wish I was too

yami4ct

Official Playstation Magazine Demo DVD Issue 86 has a Ghost in the Shell SAC demo. Just putting it out there.

Tweezers are crucial with the tiny stickers. I built my first MG in ages this weekend and even with tweezers, it's not easy. The hands are what I struggled with most. Articulation improved greatly over the old MGs, but boy do they feel fragile.

Which MG did you get? Hands got really fragile for a while, then we got a generation around the Wing frame that gave us a bunch of super sturdy fixed posed hands. Now fully posable hands are coming into vogue and they are much, much better than the old half step hands that a lot of the kits 4+ years ago had.

I see Dan playing REmake on Xbox One, wonder what he thinks of it. It would be pretty cool if he did a small playthrough with his dad as sort of an update on their original playthrough of the game on PS1.

Anyways, more people should play Resident Evil remake, it's a classic. Even people who despise tank controls since they added alternate controls in the HD version(despite the game built entirely around tank controls) can play it!

GecMA79.png

One of us! One of us! Also...

65UeM1e.png

yami4ct

I fell into a Trimps hole (thanks Jeff) but then I figured out how to hack it via the browser console and I think I'm mostly done with it now

Trimps had me for like a day, but then I broke out of it because it required too much management to be a good clicker for my taste.

Myggen

in my heart of hearts it pains me to know that he could maybe put this, whatever this is, into some kind of interesting performance art

but apparently several thousand people find these things interesting so art is dead and I wish I was too

I would argue that him just showing an hour glass for 30 minutes to test what people are willing to watch on Periscope is at least close to performance art. At the very least it's an interesting experiment.

Which MG did you get? Hands got really fragile for a while, then we got a generation around the Wing frame that gave us a bunch of super sturdy fixed posed hands. Now fully posable hands are coming into vogue and they are much, much better than the old half step hands that a lot of the kits 4+ years ago had.

RX-78-2 3.0. Shouldn't be too old. Other parts are much more stable than my old RX-78-2 MG. That must have been a 1.0 or 1.5. Top and bottom halves were loose to accommodate the core fighter. Always needed to lift it holding both parts. This 3.0 is very stable apart from the fragile fingers.

I can believe this is real. This is the state of things.

Isn't MLK sales a pretty normal thing in the States? I don't see the big difference between this and getting a discount on a jacket or some shit, regardless of how you feel about microtransactions.

it is. the abuse of that quote is pretty damn uncalled for though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom