• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's pretty much the appeal of it to me watching it right now. I always enjoyed watching Dave struggle with weird Eastern European games, and Drew with flight sims and Dave and Vinny "helping".

Fixed for great enjoyment.

I enjoy that type of too, but I dunno, maybe it's the presentation? Also I remember Dave just being frustrated instead of the general bemused confusion that makes me love giantbomb. Could be wrong though, it's been awhile.

Yeah, when they said "even Hardcore Dave was stopped by that thing" they weren't kidding.

HARDCORE DAVE.

Hallelujah!

I wonder if he means that it will be live or they are simply recording it in 24 hours. Was last year's video live? I can't remember.

Edit- Or is he just saying that he will arrive in San Francisco in 24 hours and does not necessarily mean that's when he'll do a thing with Giant Bomb? I'm sure he wants to get that big donut again before doing anything else.

sooo, pso2 the animation is really bad

it's also barely connected to the game

i can't fathom why it exists

why does anime exist.

I wonder if he means that it will be live or they are simply recording it in 24 hours. Was last year's video live? I can't remember.

Edit- Or is he just saying that he will arrive in San Francisco in 24 hours and does not necessarily mean that's when he'll do a thing with Giant Bomb? I'm sure he wants to get that big donut again before doing anything else.

It wasn't live last year. It was a grab bag of games in one video. He was also on upf which was live.

Anjin M

I was trying to parse this myself, but I think you have it. I wonder what this means for Dan on the Bombcast since they have to record tomorrow.

Remember it will likely be a late cast again this week!

It sounds terrible. Also, why do I still want to see it?

hqdefault.jpg

Going later today to look for this, maybe now I'll know who the fuck Larry David is since he's been mentioned fuck tons of times in this thread.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

If rumors are true
MC will be transported to the "real" Oracle in episode 4
, since characters from the anime seem to be in the Episode 4 update in the game, which launches on January 27th.

I'm not sure how to talk about this without obnoxiously abusing spoiler tags. I guess I'll just say that I've now finished Pony Island, and I thought it was a really cool thing, but it suffers from Unfortunate Timing Syndrome in that its impact would have been much greater had I not recently played other certain games in the last few months.

Joeku

Going to completely echo this. People who chose wrongly do not understand what themes and character growth are. Mounting fatigued, kneaded-in, overly-attached absolutism is what leads to the wrong ending, the one that flies in the face of everything about the main characters and the path they were set on, and people who voluntarily chose that path and are happy with it are lying to themselves about their righteousness and correctness. Fools. Fools, the lot of you.

You're supposed to be glad for the time you and Chloe got to spend together after years of abandoning her and her problems, and accept that for as dark and grim as the week with her was, you at least got a last week to spend with your best friend before her passing, got to experience a lifetime's worth of trauma and fun and terror with her. That's why Max smiles in the correct ending. We all have someone from out teens we should have reconnected with. We all have our own Chloe. If only we could all rewind time and make good on our past friendships...but we can't.

Let go.

It's a fucking coming of age story, for Christ's sake.

The only way the Save Chloe ending would have been good would be if she abandoned you after the tornado dissipated and Max was just bummed the fuck out because she failed to grow up and lost her best friend and a whole town of innocent people in the process.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also just to be completely clear, my original post wasn't meant to be taken that seriously.

I'm right and you fuckers know it, but don't take it too seriously.

danm999

I can only agree with the Save Arcadia Bay argument from a utilitarian perspective.

If you begin to try and justify it from the one last week together perspective it falls apart for me and becomes kind of creepy and wrongheaded.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've owned the game for ages, but the series reinvigorated my interest in learning to play it. Playing the science mode where you kind of have to progress through the tree is definitely the way to play, because it gives you small little goals beyond "alright I'll go to the moon I guess." First you launch something, then you put something into orbit, then you do scientific experiments like analyzing goo at different heights or taking temperatures, then you progress until you're able to build and fly a craft that you can fly to the moon and back. It helps add such a sense of accomplishment to even the smallest feat. For instance, I just built an airplane to fly to the polar icecaps of Kerbin to take a temperature reading. It was a long easy flight, but the fact that I finally built a plane that didn't do a flip every time i tried to adjust my pitch and actually flew and landed it on the polar ice caps from the space center is awesome.

It really is a special game. The kerbals themselves add so much charm. Every time something blows up and you lose a kerbal you're devestated.
You might've sold me on the game. The openness on display in B.E.A.S.T. was kind of scaring me away from it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I tried to get into it but it was just mind numbingly boring, it didn't capture me in any way, I've been wanting to get into another MMO lately but nothing seems to be doing the trick.
You can always try PSO2 with the English patch if you don't mind games which are 110% anime.

Myggen

At the end of UPF Jeff and Dan said that Dan will be recording some stuff with Paul on Thursday this week. Last year they recorded Dan and Paul playing some games, and then Paul joined them for UPF. This year will probably be about the same since Dan has been asking people for game suggestions for the video they'll record.

Wunder

I tried to get into it but it was just mind numbingly boring, it didn't capture me in any way, I've been wanting to get into another MMO lately but nothing seems to be doing the trick.

yeah figured since it was f2p i might as well give it a shot. Might go back to rift farming in Diablo pretty fast though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also apparently dan ryckert is pushing the limits of social media again and there's a small little brouhaha on the GB reddit about it?

Quentyn

Any time!

Um, I just noticed that it has been 140 days since the last Mario Party Party. Something has to be done about this.

I hope they do one in the studio soon and don't wait for PAX East. The last one at PAX was alright, but I prefer the studio ones.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Also apparently dan ryckert is pushing the limits of social media again and there's a small little brouhaha on the GB reddit about it?
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him."
Jonathan Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom