• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

If you like friend of the site Aurahack's art, here's the game she's been working on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1314680699/children-of-zodiarcs-a-new-tactical-jrpg-by-aaa-ve

Still some early-bird backing slots left at $15 which they say translates to $10 USD (yeeeouch, sorry Canada)

I'm in no way involved, just looks neat from a tactics perspective and curious how they'll balance everything with dice and cards.

Looks good! Funding in Jan-Feb for an August release, though? That'll never happen.

The game's director apparently also was the lead designer of a yet-unannounced Far Cry game, so I felt pretty comfortable giving them my $10. Though they pretty much had me at "card-based tactical RPG."

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been forced to make a decision on rolling virtual dice in video games this week and I'm pretty sure I've ended up in the "hide my dice from me" camp.

Mechazawa

history50kki.gif

Gentlemen, we've found the next homo-genius.

aurahack

Neo Member
yeah the way she talks about it, sounds like it's been in the works for a long time already

about a year or so. this is basically a push to get more into the game through exterior help. more units, cards, stages, missions. Basically make it into the game we really want to make.

also omfg i love all of you

Zebetite

Banned
ranking of fighters works for me because the sound of fightstick buttons being mashed is some ASMR shit to me and fighting games are nice background video... and then there's a weird and beautiful performance art piece surrounding the game in which jeff and jason try to push a single joke as far as it or any joke can possibly go.

i suspect the feature's high water mark will be found when we get an actually good fighting game that jeff and jason are evenly-matched at and they actually get some legitimately good fights out of it. i eagerly await the day.

(disclaimer: i havent watched today's RoF yet so maybe they got some good matches out of today's game(s))

Zebetite

Banned
metal gear scanlon used to be good
just like metal gear solid games

there's a weird bellcurve happening where MGS1 and MGS2 were exceptionally fun to watch Drew be bad at because he was bad at those games.

MGS3, he started to figure stuff out, and it thus became a little more boring--but the sheer triumph of watching Drew finally start to put it all together made up for it in some spots.

MGS4 is a bad game and there's no joy to be found in watching anyone play that game.

MGS5 is a good game, but a mixture of how easy it is and Drew's proficiency being at an all-time high mean we're just watching okay Metal Gear play. it's not at either end of the spectrum-- amazingly bad or amazingly good-- that makes watching people play metal gear much of any fun.

throw story into the equation-- MGS4 is bad at that too and MGS5 doesnt even have one-- and there's even less going for those two particular features, because there's no, you know, crazy conspiracy theorist flowcharts that dan's whipping up on whiteboards (or huge walls of text that i post in the OT trying to explain MGS2's ending to everyone because it's important damnit) to try and keep track of all the crazy shit that's going on.

metal gear scanlon has run its course in my heart... but i'm glad they're going all the way with it. it's probably the most ambitious video series they've done since the dual ERs of deadly premonition, and i'd love to see more super-specific longform premium content like it once they've checked MGS off the list. vinnyvania's the same sort of deal, except it's still good. i hope it never stops being good.

there's a weird bellcurve happening where MGS1 and MGS2 were exceptionally fun to watch Drew be bad at because he was bad at those games.

MGS3, he started to figure stuff out, and it thus became a little more boring--but the sheer triumph of watching Drew finally start to put it all together made up for it in some spots.

MGS4 is a bad game and there's no joy to be found in watching anyone play that game.

MGS5 is a good game, but a mixture of how easy it is and Drew's proficiency being at an all-time high mean we're just watching okay Metal Gear play. it's not at either end of the spectrum-- amazingly bad or amazingly good-- that makes watching people play metal gear much of any fun.

throw story into the equation-- MGS4 is bad at that too and MGS5 doesnt even have one-- and there's even less going for those two particular features, because there's no, you know, crazy conspiracy theorist flowcharts that dan's whipping up on whiteboards (or huge walls of text that i post in the OT trying to explain MGS2's ending to everyone because it's important damnit) to try and keep track of all the crazy shit that's going on.

metal gear scanlon has run its course in my heart... but i'm glad they're going all the way with it. it's probably the most ambitious video series they've done since the dual ERs of deadly premonition, and i'd love to see more super-specific longform premium content like it once they've checked MGS off the list. vinnyvania's the same sort of deal, except it's still good. i hope it never stops being good.

MGScanlon 4 was enjoyable to watch simply because of just how batshit that game is.

MGSV has good gameplay and no story, so it basically boils down to a pretty boring let's play.

kai3345

Banned
yeah i fell off metal gear scanlon a while back. ill probably end up watching the episode where he reaches the final mission, but that's probably it

Zebetite

Banned
yup. if he does that, I fully predict it to either be the best or absolute worst one in the series.

rondo of blood can only the best of any category it's being nominated for. if rondo is the worst (hypothetical) vinnyvania it just proves that vinny has fucked with the fabric of spacetime and put us into an alternate universe where up is down and dracula is alucard

the actual absolute worst vinnyvania is the one that cements the fact that he's totally going to skip rondo :'(

Man, Vinny is waaaaay overthinking things in B.E.A.S.T.

You need three stages. Launch, transfer, and landing. That's all.

Edit: The reason that they didn't play peace walker for the site is the same reason that they shouldn't have played MGSV for the site.

edit2: vinny also doesn't use angle snap and it drives me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom