• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
t3cXKS8.jpg
It's here!!!

KorrZ

Ultimately the fun of a let's play (outside of the top end of skilled playthrough/speed runs etc.) is in having great moments/sequences to see someone's reaction to.

MGS1-4 have those in spades. Even if you dislike MGS4, it's totally worth it just to see Drew's reaction to some of the batshit insane stuff going on. MGSV has nothing interesting in that regard whatsoever.

justjim89

Ultimately the fun of a let's play (outside of the top end of skilled playthrough/speed runs etc.) is in having great moments/sequences to see someone's reaction to.

MGS1-4 have those in spades. Even if you dislike MGS4, it's totally worth it just to see Drew's reaction to some of the batshit insane stuff going on. MGSV has nothing interesting in that regard whatsoever.

Even the last episode won't be that fun because it'll just be Drew going
"Wait, they're gonna make me do all this AGAIN?"
and
"Oh, yeah, I figured I wasn't Big Boss."

Man, Vinny is waaaaay overthinking things in B.E.A.S.T.

You need three stages. Launch, transfer, and landing. That's all.

Edit: The reason that they didn't play peace walker for the site is the same reason that they shouldn't have played MGSV for the site.

edit2: vinny also doesn't use angle snap and it drives me nuts

yep, I was telling piston and daydream earlier but the episode bugged me so much that when I got home, I built a ship in literally 5 minutes that got me to Mun with enough fuel to return

except I fucked up the landing, but that's another story. he's absolutely overthinking it.

tuxfool

Banned
MGSV has good gameplay and no story, so it basically boils down to a pretty boring let's play.

It is extremely open ended and snake is basically a walking tank, so the situations where drew has to do some ridiculous fumble are extremely limited. Couple that with no bosses and a whole lot of running around and you get a dull let's play.

yep, I was telling piston and daydream earlier but the episode bugged me so much that when I got home, I built a ship in literally 5 minutes that got me to Mun with enough fuel to return

except I fucked up the landing, but that's another story. he's absolutely overthinking it.

Granted, everyone has a different method, but the thing I built that got a probe to the mun (which then ran out of electrical power before I could land...) was four solid boosters, that giant rockomax booster, and then a terrier to land and return.

The other problem is that I feel like a lot of the information Vinny is finding about the game when he looks for it is probably outdated. My understanding is that atmospheric effects are WAY different in the final release of the game than they were previously.

Edit: This is also why Sandbox was a bad idea. They give you a ton of parts and you really have no idea what the purpose of some of them is.

The other problem is that I feel like a lot of the information Vinny is finding about the game when he looks for it is probably outdated. My understanding is that atmospheric effects are WAY different in the final release of the game than they were previously.

solid fuel is more useful now than before and asparagus staging is considerably less useful because air drag means you can't abuse the systems as much as before

weirdly, now it's more effective to build simpler designs.

hey guys please buy my new line of wallets. it has "don't encourage dan ryckert" stitched on the inside so every time you take out your credit card to buy a t-shirt you're reminded to not encourage him

it SAVES you money

(also vinny the problem with your rocket is that you are jettisoning things that have control surfaces on them so that your rocket undergoes a drastic change in aerodynamics every time you lose a booster on your first stage)

Zomba13

Meh just give me a Supercut of Drew reacting to all the cutscenes and I'm good.

This is what I want too. MGSV has so few cutscenes and crazy moments that I just don't care about watching MGSV. It's all well and good seeing someone approach a base with a goal in mind and work out how to accomplish that goal but the real meat of watching Drew play Metal Gear wasn't to see someone new to the franchise fumble through the controls and occasionally pull off a cool thing, but to see him react to the crazy story and characters and see how he handles the boss fights and all of the stuff that makes watching Drew and Dan play Metal Gear is all the stuff that is lacking in V. Like, there is a twist which
Drew guessed like 14 minutes into the first episode or something
and a few cool moments in the story but just not enough to watch him go through dozens of hours of running around samey outposts and doing all the boring "get this guy because reasons" "main" missions.

I tried to watch the Super Best Friends playthrough and gave up super early there too because it's just not entertaining to watch.

There really needs to be a supercut of all the good moments. I think I would have preferred a co-op run through of Peace Walker over MGSV. Though I definitely didn't know this before the game came out.

30 inches in loudoun man. that's like 42 feet by normal people standards.

:) I'm a PA boy. But, yeah, down here they should just shut down until February. My kids had a two hour delay for cold!

I got some Lost Rhino and Old Ox at the store to keep my wife and I happy through the storm.

:) I'm a PA boy. But, yeah, down here they should just shut down until February. My kids had a two hour delay for cold!

I got some Lost Rhino and Old Ox at the store to keep my wife and I happy through the storm.

lol I left late for work this morning and appreciated the buses being off the roads.

going to be interesting, that's for sure.

justjim89

I'm astonished none of the guys knew what elephant ears were. I had no idea it was a regional thing. Of course, I'd never heard of funnel cakes until I was like 23, so I guess it makes sense. .

40s can't be legally sold in my state. All the GB 40s talk just makes me want 40s, but I know I would hate them since the only alcoholic drink I like is cider and mixed drinks.

I like their discussion but I find fighting games to be the most boring genre of game to watch. It's Jason content though so i'll continue to watch it.

That's how I view alot of the content

Like DrewxDan stuff or BradxJason stuff. It's a means to consuming more of these ecelebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom