• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

Sweden has Köttbullar which are great.
PSA for those not in the know, that's pronounced like 'shirt boolarr (with a short 'oo' sound). The letter k trips my swedish up sometimes, just as 'sk' does also (the word for spoon, 'sked', is not a pronunciation to approach lightly).

Fun final note, swedish phrase for apologising that I first picked up was their 'forgive me', written 'förlåt mig', and definitely NOT, I can tell you from lengthy sorry experience as an apology-prone englishman, pronounced like 'fellate me'.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I really liked the look of that Double Fine game, too bad nothing came of it.

But man Zeno Clash... As flawed as those games are, those guys crafted perhaps one of my favorite worlds in gaming. It is so delightfully bizarre, unique, and unsettling.

They have a great sense of style and can execute on an idea, but the games are generally just pretty good. Rock of Ages was like some amazing proof of concept that a Monty Python inspired animation could become a game, Abyss Oddyssey has some really good creepy skeleton art for a 2d action/platformer, and now Deadly Tower of Monsters is a weird campy 50s scifi throwback. None of them great games but they are all pretty fun to check out.

strafer

PSA for those not in the know, that's pronounced like 'shirt boolarr (with a short 'oo' sound). The letter k trips my swedish up sometimes, just as 'sk' does also (the word for spoon, 'sked', is not a pronunciation to approach lightly).

Fun final note, swedish phrase for apologising that I first picked up was their 'forgive me', written 'förlåt mig', and definitely NOT, I can tell you from lengthy sorry experience as an apology-prone englishman, pronounced like 'fellate me'.

Now this is funny. :D

It's cool to see people trying to learn swedish.

mintyice

Newdan, commonly abbreviated to ND, or more uncommonly NwD, is the slightly more open minded manifestation of Dan Ryckert that is said to appear in certain content of Giant Bomb contrasting to Regular Dan.

We can only know if it's Newdan in the presence of Jeff. Any comparison made without Jeff shall be called a No Jeff Pic, also known as NJP.

A Class I No Jeff Pic is an activity with Newdan without Jeff.

A Class II No Jeff Pic is an activity with Newdan with any other GB staff that isn't Jeff.

Newdan, commonly abbreviated to ND, or more uncommonly NwD, is the slightly more open minded manifestation of Dan Ryckert that is said to appear in certain content of Giant Bomb contrasting to Regular Dan.

We can only know if it's Newdan in the presence of Jeff. Any comparison made without Jeff shall be called a No Jeff Pic, also known as NJP.

A Class I No Jeff Pic is an activity with Newdan without Jeff.

A Class II No Jeff Pic is an activity with Newdan with any other GB staff that isn't Jeff.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not to throw shit or question mods, but aren't we in community for a reason? I thought going off topic sort of came with the territory.
I believe we were moved here so we're not taking up space on gaming, so the rules haven't changed and we're still expected to stay on topic. This thread is more likely to go a little off topic than most due to the fact that it's a GB thread but the threads definitely been veering into complete off topic stuff recently.

eggs are, somewhat bizarrely, on-topic. but probably not 5 pages about them.

I want to go home and play more kerbal, that episode really gave me a desire to see things accomplished in the game :\

eggs are, somewhat bizarrely, on-topic. but probably not 5 pages about them.

I want to go home and play more kerbal, that episode really gave me a desire to see things accomplished in the game :
Yeah it certainly starts on topic, just like gunpla and anime started kind of on topic. It just tends to drag on longer than it needs to.

Patryn

Not to throw shit or question mods, but aren't we in community for a reason? I thought going off topic sort of came with the territory.

I have to say that this thread has been veering closer and closer to SBF territory before they got the fear of god put into them.

Let's not have the same happen here (and I say that as someone just as guilty as others).

On topic:

Any word on what the GBeast livestream on Friday is going to be? There's going to be one, right?

strafer

I hate eggs. They are disgusting.

and the farts are brutal.

I had a friend over years ago who ate like six eggs and during the whole evening it smelled like dead asshole.

Frith

d-egg-has-bomb-render-holding-42337816.jpg
talk about giant bomb

stumpsock is the only true egg fan here, aside from me of course

went for ramen last week, got extra of the marinated hard-boiled eggs in mine. delicious.

I have a fear that if Vinnyvania continues past Rondo that it'll get boring. But they really need to do Rondo.

e: forgot about Bloodlines, that could be ok

Doop

I'm rewatching the Playstation Home video. In some weird way I want them to make a version for PS4, despite the fact that I will never play it. I just want to know that weird marketing nightmare is out there.

I want to go home and play more kerbal, that episode really gave me a desire to see things accomplished in the game :\

I'm real close to getting Kerbal. Does it work as a 'I have ~45 minutes, I'm going to fool around with space lemmings kind of game' as much as a 'I'm going to accomplish stuff' kind of game?

tuxfool

Banned
I'm rewatching the Playstation Home video. In some weird way I want them to make a version for PS4, despite the fact that I will never play it. I just want to know that weird marketing nightmare is out there.

Second Life still exists and will always be the superior nightmare.

Doop

Second Life still exists and will always be the superior nightmare.

Yeah, that's true. Every few years I install it just to see what the fuck is going on. I think the worst thing about the creepy sex shit in Second Life is that there are groups of people who are making actually interesting things, but it gets drowned out by the weirdos who are starting virtual families, including virtual kids played by people who are certainly not kids. I met a church group in second life, which isn't a bad thing, but I just thought it was interesting. What a weird phenomenon.

I'm real close to getting Kerbal. Does it work as a 'I have ~45 minutes, I'm going to fool around with space lemmings kind of game' as much as a 'I'm going to accomplish stuff' kind of game?

I'd say that jumping in for half an hour every once in a while and building dumb ships doomed to fail is actually the best part of the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32143425&postcount=10

The community forum has since been repurposed.

It's all to keep the gaming forum flowing as it should, to be able to read it at any given moment and get something out of it. Megathreads generally work counter to this, but they're a necessary evil when it comes to our game official threads. However, once people get their initial discussion over with and it is relegated to a small hardcore following of people who stick with the game long-term, the official thread can stay on page 1 indefinitely with just a niche segment caring about what is going on in it, and that is not healthy for the gaming forum.

Thus, the Community Forum is essentially the destination for all the subcommunities that form on NeoGAF, whether they be around a particular game or around a particular area of interest (see: PonyGAF et al). You subscribe to the thread, and then can continue checking it as normal without the Gaming Forum or Off-Topic forum being clogged up with subcommunity discussions, and without needing to remember to click on the Community Forum (since no one will remember to). Use subscriptions and you'll get the best of both worlds, megathread subcommunities for your NeoGAF buddies, and fast-paced up-to-the-minute general interest discussions on Gaming and Off-Topic.

Noaloha

Quick heads-up for anyone who's a fan of games with rules, Invisible Inc is 50% off on the Humble Store at the moment. I think (don't hold me to this) that that's lower than the price it saw during the Winter Steam Sale.

LiK

Quick heads-up for anyone who's a fan of games with rules, Invisible Inc is 50% off on the Humble Store at the moment. I think (don't hold me to this) that that's lower than the price it saw during the Winter Steam Sale.

we get Steam code for it right?

tuxfool

Banned
I loved the Second Life video Monster Factory did. Every time I see Second Life it makes me want to try it and then I remember it runs like shit and it seems impenetrable most the time.

Yeah, that's true. Every few years I install it just to see what the fuck is going on. I think the worst thing about the creepy sex shit in Second Life is that there are groups of people who are making actually interesting things, but it gets drowned out by the weirdos who are starting virtual families, including virtual kids played by people who are certainly not kids. I met a church group in second life, which isn't a bad thing, but I just thought it was interesting. What a weird phenomenon.

It is actually really fun just to wander through the place as a tourist. There is plenty of weird shit but it is easily avoided if you don't want to engage with that stuff.

jmood88

The only time eggs are incorporated into my diet is when they're beaten and put in desserts or as part of the process for making fried chicken. I can't stand eggs on their own.

Noaloha

we get Steam code for it right?
I'm going to say yes, but only because there's a Steam logo beneath the 'platforms' section. I haven't used Humble in a while in all honesty, so I'm hesitant to give a resounding 100‰ yes definitely. Buuut I think? Sorry.
Edit: cool.

Man... I was watching the Oxenfree quick look and looking at Jeff's tumblr. At around 12:00 when they are scanning the radio, his mixler started auto playing and R Kelly - Ignition was on. Since it was coming through his radio I thought it was the radio in the game. Had a weird moment when I thought R Kelly was in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom