• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

What triggered NuDan's existence?

The hopes that it will spawn 5 pages of conversation over a grown-ass man eating some mayo.

Edit: Oh, sorry, sour cream. Not mayo. Radical.

Edit #2: I am now being told it was eggs. Well, I sure have egg on my face.

def sim

I hate eggs. They are disgusting.

jeffcontempm7psr.gif

popo

Too much egg talk.

Also, does anyone think the "next time on" for the latest Kerbal was a bit spoilery.
Now we know that they get to the moon again and Vinny fucks it up
. Kinda deflates any tension. I guess we will see next ep how much progress was given away. Might have to skip those bumpers in future.

Doop

Too much egg talk.

Also, does anyone think the "next time on" for the latest Kerbal was a bit spoilery.
Now we know that they get to the moon again and Vinny fucks it up
. Kinda deflates any tension. I guess we will see net ep how much progress was given away. Might have to skip those bumpers in future.

Hey, we don't know he fucks it up. They just show him flipping the landing pod, they could save it!
Besides, it's about the journey, not the destination!

justjim89

14-20 inches of snow tomorrow. I'm gonna build an igloo. Anyone know how to build an igloo?

First I think you have to chop down trees with your hands, then use the wood to make a wooden hatchet,, then use the hatchet to cut down more trees and make a wooden shovel, then use the shovel to dig out the snow and make an igloo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Witness is weird because I like the style of it and really could go for some kind of Myst-esque free roaming, relaxing experience.

but I'm total shit at puzzle games and rarely have any interest in them beyond Portal.

Scizzy

Witness is weird because I like the style of it and really could go for some kind of Myst-esque free roaming, relaxing experience.

but I'm total shit at puzzle games and rarely have any interest in them beyond Portal.

Maybe the move would be to wait a while for a sale then play with a guide in front of you? I agree that roaming a mysterious island looks awesome and is the primary reason I'm excited for the game.

Watched the Iceland travel video again.

I now want to go to iceland.

There is a Icelandic airline that goes direct to there from here that does return flights for under 400.

I am thinking about this.

justjim89

Maybe the move would be to wait a while for a sale then play with a guide in front of you? I agree that roaming a mysterious island looks awesome and is the primary reason I'm excited for the game.

I'm in the same boat. Roaming an island unraveling a mystery sounds great and the game looks lovely, but most of the interaction involves solving abstract puzzles on screens? That sounds kinda lame.

daveo42

Banned
14-20 inches of snow tomorrow. I'm gonna build an igloo. Anyone know how to build an igloo?

Our forecast is anywhere from zero to 8" right now. While I don't want to miss work tomorrow (because then I wouldn't get paid), a snow day would be real nice. Most likely outcome will just be bitter cold, meager snow falls, and a lot of dumb people on the roads causing accidents.

I really love winter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And stuff like Brad's tweet kind of says to me The Witness is going to be a real zeitgeist game. Like Fez was. And I can't imagine it would have the same effect months down the line.

danm999

Our forecast is anywhere from zero to 8" right now. While I don't want to miss work tomorrow (because then I wouldn't get paid), a snow day would be real nice. Most likely outcome will just be bitter cold, meager snow falls, and a lot of dumb people on the roads causing accidents.

I really love winter.

That sounds great though to me. It's super cloudy where I live and raining but it's still supposed to hit 28 degrees today.

And that figure is Celsius oh god.

KingKong

And stuff like Brad's tweet kind of says to me The Witness is going to be a real zeitgeist game. Like Fez was. And I can't imagine it would have the same effect months down the line.

Only problem is that its 40 bucks and apparently takes 75 hours to beat instead of a 15 dollar hit like Fez or Braid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom