• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I wish there was just text dialogue in Oxenfree because the delivery is kind of cheesy and terrible.

nah, the dialogue gets better and better as it goes on. most of the cheesiness comes from Ren and that's the way his character talks. he's just cheesy. everyone else is super natural. Alex is amazing.

Zaph

85VifFg.jpg

DamnBoxes

nah, the dialogue gets better and better as it goes on. most of the cheesiness comes from Ren and that's the way his character talks. he's just cheesy. everyone else is super natural. Alex is amazing.

Nona is awesome, Alex is alright, Ren and Jonas are lame. Clarissa is...

Teddified

I have to say the Pre-Sequel Claptrap DLC was pretty good. Unexpectedly so, I'd probably rank it up there with that DnD Tiny Tina DLC though the Tiny Tina one is better IMO.

tuxfool

Banned
The shot was from the waist up for a reason. No one said it had to be Fully Nu Dan.

If it isn't specifically specified then it is presumed fully nude. Also without further information we don't even know if he is nude waist down. He could just have his zipper undone.

I'm ruining it, Sorry.

I have to say the Pre-Sequel Claptrap DLC was pretty good. Unexpectedly so, I'd probably rank it up there with that DnD Tiny Tina DLC though the Tiny Tina one is better IMO.
I need to get round to those at some point, bought the collection after finishing Tales and ended up only playing a little of BL2.

repeater

Yeah, the voice acting in Oxenfree is ROUGH.. The artstyle and concept is pretty interesting, but it's really hård to ignore the voices.

Teddified

I need to get round to those at some point, bought the collection after finishing Tales and ended up only playing a little of BL2.

I ended up buying Pre-Sequel earlier then planed cause of Tales from the Borderlands. It just got me in the mood for it and it was on sale at the time. It's actually amazing how much of Tales connects to the Pre-Sequel.

LiK

Same here. The VA really, really helped. Still, I think $20 might be a bit much for a relatively short indy game.

yea, I picked it up on Xbox One cuz I had plenty of MS dollars in my account to burn. I would say $15 is a better price for it. it's def a great debut by a new studio. took me by surprise.

Jeff said:
Let's hear it for the deep divers. The people that are really going out there and picking apart video games in ways that most of us can only dream about. I'm talking about the speedrunners. I'm talking about the people out there hunting for new glitches in old games. The dedicated breed out there breaking games wide open.

I'm pretty sure there's a Kid Rock song that opens just like this.

Meneses

Really didn't like the voicework in Oxenfree either. I think part of it was due to the sometimes awkward / not-quite-natural lines.

LiK

Really didn't like the voicework in Oxenfree either. I think part of it was due to the sometimes awkward / not-quite-natural lines.

haven't watched the QL but if it's the beginning, that's the part that takes a bit to get used to. gets way better as it progresses. I loved it and felt it sounded natural to me.

Meneses

haven't watched the QL but if it's the beginning, that's the part that takes a bit to get used to. gets way better as it progresses. I loved it and felt it sounded natural to me.

I've played past the quick look and it didn't really improve much. Might give it another try later on but the game isn't exactly clicking with me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom