• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frith

Sounds like no GBE stream this Friday :(

05cEbQU.png

didn't they say that they are taking bits of holiday this week on last weeks beast cast?

or was that the week before?

What was the clicker game they were talking about during game of the year stuff? It had something to do with skrimps or something.

Bowlie

Banned
Fez, meanwhile, was intriguing from the jump with its Escherian perspective puzzles and the Disasterpeace music. Phil Fish was selling me one $15 game and then delivered an entirely different, way awesomer $15 game. The Witness is selling me a $15 game that I'll have to buy on the hope that it's secretly a $40 game.

If you're into that, you should take a look at hocus. It's at R$ 1 right now, so it's probably at ~50 cents for you?

jmood88

I'm downloading a bunch of MBMBAM podcasts in preparation for my internet going down and I just randomly started listening to one and oh my god Griffin's singing a John Michael Montgomery song and and it's amazing and hilarious and yeah. Griffin's a pretty cool dude. Why is there no McElroy OT?
The bit Grffin did about the old man trying to get money from the bank had me in tears. I'm actually about to go listen to it again.

Joeku

The Witness is weird for me because on one hand, I respect the idea of concealing a significant portion of your game and letting the world discover all this crazy shit together (which I assume is what's going on with The Witness because if not then fuck, what took you so long?), but on the other hand I'm pretty much going to have to spoil some of the "secret" of that game for myself because nothing about what they've shown so far looks like $40 worth of fun for me.

Fez, meanwhile, was intriguing from the jump with its Escherian perspective puzzles and the Disasterpeace music. Phil Fish was selling me one $15 game and then delivered an entirely different, way awesomer $15 game. The Witness is selling me a $15 game that I'll have to buy on the hope that it's secretly a $40 game.

Fez was only $10, in a time when $15 had become the new norm. That seemed cool.

If you're into that, you should take a look at hocus. It's at R$ 1 right now, so it's probably at ~50 cents for you?

Yoooo, all over this. Thanks.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Honestly I'm desperate enough for good first person adventure games that I don't even balk at $40. I mean, I trust Blow enough and everything I've seen suggests its good

I hope this content drought is just a problem with getting set up in a new office and we see more stuff by the end of the season.

Honestly I'm desperate enough for good first person adventure games that I don't even balk at $40. I mean, I trust Blow enough and everything I've seen suggests its good

Did you try out Talos Principal?

Frith

are we even in a content drought?

we would go for weeks a few years ago with maybe 1or 2 videos

kerbal rof some quicklooks this is what a busy week used to look like

Tubobutts

I've only ever liked and commented on one YouTube video and that was cause it was my friend's. I've never subscribed.

I am offended that this autocorrect makes sure YouTube is properly branded.

Zaph

Austin already said he'd be out most of this week, so it's not surprising that there's no GBEast stream.

I wonder if they're still only able to stream on a Friday (or was that even a thing?). Would prefer to have the regular live shows spread out anyway - Friday's like the worst day for that.

e
Choose Your Own Adventure has been on Wednesdays.

Oh yeah, of course it is. Shows how much attention I've been paying to that one. Now if only playdate could be a Thursday...

Myggen

I wonder if they're still only able to stream on a Friday (or was that even a thing?). Would prefer to have the regular live shows spread out anyway - Friday's like the worst day for that.

Choose Your Own Adventure has been on Wednesdays.

Noaloha

You think GB could ever (or would/should ever) go down the route of being a 'GB Network' (in the hosting sense, a la 8bitplay) where video is concerned? The site hosts an extra friends-of-the-site podcast. It'll soon host written opinion pieces from friends-of-the-site I think? What if, just as an example of the content, GB hosted mr jeff green's video content? Not a GB video, just something 'on the network'. The jeff thing is perhaps an unrealistic Get, but in a general sense, video hosting is a feasible avenue right? You think such a theoretical endeavour might be a positive? A more-trouble-than-it's-worth worm can?

Noaloha

No Friday show gives me time to write my goty list. I know you're all dying to see that.

ha ha ha

Yeah, I've still yet to submit my final GOTY listing to the gaf thread. I've had it scribbled down for a full month now, but I wanted to give our new Wii U a fair shot first and see how Splatoon and XenocrossY fare. Spoilers: They ain't breaking my top 3 of RL, Inv.Inc., Kerbal. The big put-off for me so far is wanting to do justice to the write-ups. I'm too lazy and have too much shit going on though to spend a bunch of time/headpower writing a bathload of words on something that maybe two random thread-clickers'll read. My write-ups'll probably end up being egg recipe similes.

Joeku

Yeah, I've still yet to submit my final GOTY listing to the gaf thread. I've had it scribbled down for a full month now, but I wanted to give our new Wii U a fair shot first and see how Splatoon and XenocrossY fare. Spoilers: They ain't breaking my top 3 of RL, Inv.Inc., Kerbal. The big put-off for me so far is wanting to do justice to the write-ups. I'm too lazy and have too much shit going on though to spend a bunch of time/headpower writing a bathload of words on something that maybe two random thread-clickers'll read. My write-ups'll probably end up being egg recipe similes.

I just did mine. You've only got a day and a half left. Get on it.

Bowlie

Banned

The first one made me go "wooohoooo", then the next one was like "ooh". Thanks though, it helped clear my mind <3

I posted this before but I've been into watching these YouTube videos analyzing ambient world/art design in open world games. It's really in-depth stuff.

Man, there are probably dozens of super interesting channels like these that we unfortunately just don't know about. I don't have time right now, but I'll watch it tomorrow for sure!

I've been playing Trimps. It's fun to watch the numbers go up. But sometimes the numbers go down. Then you have to make other numbers go up even more.

I played that thing around August, I think. I remember having to constantly manage all the numbers, unlike most clickers/idlers. Maybe I'll waste more hours into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom