• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

If all of the talk about Fez and the voice of God and the question of what is love and mechanical typing tests turns into "piss jugs" for The Witness, I'll consider that a victory.

iaI4tid.png

aB9aBE4.png

tumblr_mkfyc8YInL1qcqqpjo2_r1_250.gif

The Witness is already day 1 for me. Now it's day 0. Also, great stream of content coming up!

yami4ct

I'm interested in The Witness, but I don't think I'll grab it right away. I have too much to play. First I have to wrap up Trails of Cold Steel, then I want to play Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and by the time I wrap with that Fire Emblem will be here. I want to get back to Dragon's Dogma PC and grab XCOM 2 at some point, but not sure at all when that'll be.

There's also poor Xenoblade X. I will get in there again someday.

yami4ct

I beat it and am replaying it because I'm an impatient bastard that can't wait for CS2. Cold Steel is sooooo good.

I'm a ways into Chapter 2 at this point and it's just starting to really click for me. I love the exploration of Erebonia and the political structure of that empire. The pacing is a bit slow, but the characters are fun. Some of them are a bit school anime trope-y, but I trust the Kiseki people to flesh them out. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize how much they changed the Orbment system. I was trying to make lines and was super confused when new abilities weren't showing up on my characters menu. I didn't realize that arts are their own special quartz now. That's an interesting change, and cool for usability, but it definitely hurts a bit of the way the Orbment lines would make each character feel unique. I actually still am not sure what lines do anymore. I should read the tutorial again.

The master quartz idea is great.

I'm a ways into Chapter 2 at this point and it's just starting to really click for me. I love the exploration of Erebonia and the political structure of that empire. The pacing is a bit slow, but the characters are fun. Some of them are a bit school anime trope-y, but I trust the Kiseki people to flesh them out. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize how much they changed the Orbment system. I was trying to make lines and was super confused when new abilities weren't showing up on my characters menu. I didn't realize that arts are their own special quartz now. That's an interesting change, and cool for usability, but it definitely hurts a bit of the way the Orbment lines would make each character feel unique. I actually still am not sure what lines do anymore. I should read the tutorial again.

The master quartz idea is great.

I really don't have much of a clue what the lines are for anymore in the quartz section, but I think they're a good replacement for the orbment system as there are significantly more quartz in this game than in Sky, so you can basically class each character to be proficient with a certain kind of quartz as there's far too many to make everyone feel similar (unless you're giving them all the same kind of quartz, which is dumb).

As for the story, man it goes places. As an introduction game, the ambition of the story and cast in CS1 is off the charts compared to Sky FC. The pacing is arguably slower than FC's is, but the always amazing thing about Trails is that every new chapter is better than the last, and that holds up here more than ever. I won't go into more detail about story/character stuff since you're super early on and this isn't the place for it anyway.

And yeah, Master Quartz is a really cool idea.

repeater

So even with one podcast recording early in the week and one recording in the latter half of the week, Giantbomb.com is still out of the loop when it comes to the most important stories in the industry. We need a third weekly podcast so we don't miss out on a single piss of gaming information.

Xater

I go to sleep and WrassleGAF somehow manages to get their thread closed. Now I have only you guys left.

That's the absolute worst. You're the worst.

edit:

2818154-warrenjeffsmaller.jpg

This is pretty great. Shocking how well that picture worked. Is Jeff hiding something from us?

Frith

The real question is is it Jamie kennedys piss and how long has Jeff been in on this

Also I wish there was a like button on this forum I liked all your jokes

Myggen

Sure, we talk about Deserts of Kharak, Oxenfree, and other video games but don't be fooled. This is not a video game podcast. It's a podcast about milk, weather forecasts, and Star Wars cakes.

Checks out.

"Not gonna lie" I kind of like Matchstick Men. It was one of those movies that was on HBO or something a lot and it ended up being something I could watch every time I saw it on.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
"Not gonna lie" I kind of like Matchstick Men. It was one of those movies that was on HBO or something a lot and it ended up being something I could watch every time I saw it on.

I also liked it, though I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. Our english teacher took us out of school to see it for some reason.

I also liked it, though I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. Our english teacher took us out of school to see it for some reason.

It's one of those movies where the acting may not be the best and the story is kind of convoluted, but it really seemed like the actors dug what they were doing and there was great chemistry. Nic Cage as Rain Man lite is just good fun.

repeater

Probably not. Someone mentioned in this thread that Dan said he wasn't gonna be there. Is there some wrestling bullshit going on today?
Dan's being flown in as wrestling's special representative for a meeting with EviLore, where he will plead for the wrestlingGAF thread to be reinstated.

Paul, of course, has called in bomb threats against the flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom