• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This thread has been going off topic since day 1, so no. It's just that EmCee actually posted a "stay more on topic" post a few pages back, which is the first time in a long while he's done that. No one is saying that the thread should always stay on topic (whatever that is with GB), but there's probably a reason he felt the need to post that.

I agree with Zaph's post.

Eh, still, I feel that whatever dumbassery that happens in this thread usually dies down when the next piece of content comes out.

Only to have more dumbassery spin out from that content.

Though I wasn't really awake for the egg discussion so I don't know the scope we're talking about here. The milk discussion so far seems fine.

Myggen

clVdOFv.png

Po9UEq6.gif

Eh, still, I feel that whatever dumbassery that happens in this thread usually dies down when the next piece of content comes out.

Only to have more dumbassery spin out from that content.

Though I wasn't really awake for the egg discussion so I don't know the scope we're talking about here. The milk discussion so far seems fine.

I agree with you, also this is a fast moving thread and I sure as hell don't read all the posts so if someone comes in 3 days from now talking about eggs because they just watched the Dan thing I don't think people should get all pissy about it.

It's easy for the people who read every post and always refresh the thread to say stop talking about something because they're bored of it. You're bored of it because of how you consume the thread.

The vast, vast majority of this thread spins off of GB or GB related content.

Myggen

I agree with you, also this is a fast moving thread and I sure as hell don't read all the posts so if someone comes in 3 days from now talking about eggs because they just watched the Dan thing I don't think people should get all pissy about it.

It's easy for the people who read every post and always refresh the thread to say stop talking about something because they're bored of it. You're bored of it because of how you consume the thread.

The vast, vast majority of this thread spins off of GB or GB related content.

The reason it was brought up was because of EmCee's post about the egg thing. It has little to nothing to do with being tired of a topic. I just took that as a warning. Not sure where the line is of course, just don't want the mods to come down on us.

But carry on, we've probably discussed this enough.

Tbh The Witcher 3 combat just kind of passed me by. I was in it for the dialogue and quest progression and exploration.

I got so overpowered at a point where the combat was incidental and not a factor which I could see would be tiresome for some people I guess. At that point it breezed by so quick it wasn't a problem for me personally.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People need to know how bad it is, I dont blame them. Gameplay is integral to a game, and if it aint good then, then it deserves flak.

I know, it's also great to see games like SFV getting great recognition and long threads in the gaming section too talking about its great gameplay.

To get back on topic, I'm already punching holes in the walls over them shortchanging Dragons Dogma during GOTY 2016

I'm maybe an hour in and already super into it. the way it looks, the feel of combat. nice.

e: also I already decided to install an infinite sprint mod because c'mon

LiK

Oxenfree looks beautiful and is super interesting, but it strikes me more like something I'd rather read about so that I didn't miss any details.

don't do that. must be experienced. get it when it's on sale if the price is too much for you.

the music and audio is incredible.

don't do that. must be experienced. get it when it's on sale if the price is too much for you.

the music and audio is incredible.

Price isn't a problem I just don't like missing out on important logs, and the way they were talking about it on the Beastcast it sounded like that was a very possible thing.

I imagine the PC load times aren't anything to worry about, compared to what was in the QL?

LiK

Price isn't a problem I just don't like missing out on important logs, and the way they were talking about it on the Beastcast it sounded like that was a very possible thing.

I imagine the PC load times aren't anything to worry about, compared to what was in the QL?

I played on Xbox One and load times were a minor nuisance at most. PC should be fine.

Megasoum

Banned
Ranking of fighers has always been the one feature I never cared about. Always found itnsuper boring....

I guess I should probably make an effort and watch the last one because of Warren.

LiK

Rank of Fighters is a good show if it was more concise. maybe 30 min to talk about each fighter and do 2 hours to showcase 4 fighters. the current format is too meandering and drags on for way too long.

Myggen

This week's RoF was great. It's never been my favourite feature, but this week's episode was by far the best one so far IMO. Two good games to talk about and funny banter by both Jeff and Jason.

Rank of Fighters is a good show if it was more concise. maybe 30 min to talk about each fighter and do 2 hours to showcase 4 fighters. the current format is too meandering and drags on for way too long.

Yeah, this is exactly what I think they should do. They're already leaning into how u̶n̶ scientific their methodology is and the whiteboard ranking system is usually the best part of that series. Just bang them out. I've enjoyed it so far just because of Jeff and Jason but it could be sped up a little bit.

Yeah, this is exactly what I think they should do. They're already leaning into how u̶n̶ scientific their methodology is and the whiteboard ranking system is usually the best part of that series. Just bang them out. I've enjoyed it so far just because of Jeff and Jason but it could be sped up a little bit.
I like ROF quite a bit as is but I agree that they need to try and include more games in each episode.

LiK

This week's RoF was great. It's never been my favourite feature, but this week's episode was by far the best one so far IMO. Two good games to talk about and funny banter by both Jeff and Jason.

that's good, I haven't watched the most recent one.

Zaph

I feel like Peter Brown would be the perfect addition to RoF.

It was posted earlier here the KS for Children of Zodiarcs, that Friend Of The Site Aurahack is working on. It was successfully funded!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1314680699/children-of-zodiarcs-a-new-tactical-jrpg-by-aaa-ve/

Gonna break my no-games kickstarter rule and back this. I usually have my fill of tactical RPG's with Devil Survivor, but wanna throw some money at this because her GB art has been out-fucking-standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom