• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mario Maker doesn't control exactly like those old games did, so it will only help as far as developing general platform skills and a familiarity with what the enemies do. I'll always say it's worth it to play Mario World, but I don't know if it will really help with playing Mario Maker.

FluxWaveZ

I've only watched episode 1. I'm 115 hours into the game and rushing to finish it before wor...uh...best story discussion. I can't help but do every side quest first!

Its also funny that the 'hard mode' of missions means no reflex, chicken hat or air strikes...none of which I've used at any point anyway!

You've never had to use Reflex? That's kinda crazy to me.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm almost tempted of reinstalling SWOTOR to have something to play while listening to the 20 hours of GOTY stuff next week...

Then again... It's not like I don't still have Borderlands, Undertale, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Talos Principle to play....ugh

TOR has some messed up anti-bot thing that disallows media controls from in-game, like controlling your music player via keyboard hotkeys. This makes it a terrible podcast game that you need to constantly alt-tab and pause if you want to keep up with the dialog, then alt-tab and resume for the mundane tasks.

I know this because TOR is my podcast game
send halp

Chuck

Still without luck
Hard to say, Jeff mentioned that the games don't feel the same between their originals and Mario Maker. I'd say if you want to go back and check out 3 and World that they're two amazing games and still really fun to this day. Otherwise, just playing Mario Maker should be fine, you'll get better.

Mario Maker doesn't control exactly like those old games did, so it will only help as far as developing general platform skills and a familiarity with what the enemies do. I'll always say it's worth it to play Mario World, but I don't know if it will really help with playing Mario Maker.

thanks doods. I think I'll go back and play world to get the extra mechanics down

Betrayer? They added the colour slider because of complaints. Though I don't remember if it resoloved the red-colourblind issues Betrayer had...
Hmm... I'm getting a "Server not responding" message when I try to login in the launcher

Seems OK for me.

Their launcher sucks. It uses bitraider (essentially, a peer-to-peer torrent/download manager-style thing) for updates which puts it in my bad book, especially since it installs without a user's knowledge or consent and is in general always a little slower than it should be, just like the game itself. Bitraider can cause people to have wonky/slow downloads that direct downloads will avoid, with the sole benefit of playing while downloading.

Unfortunately, disabling bitraider (guide) requires redownloading the entire game.

Megasoum

Banned
Betrayer? They added the colour slider because of complaints. Though I don't remember if it resoloved the red-colourblind issues Betrayer had...

Seems OK for me.

Their launcher sucks. It uses bitraider (essentially, a peer-to-peer torrent/download manager-style thing) for updates which puts it in my bad book, especially since it installs without a user's knowledge or consent and is in general always a little slower than it should be, just like the game itself. Bitraider can cause people to have wonky/slow downloads that direct downloads will avoid, with the sole benefit of playing while downloading.

Unfortunately, disabling bitraider (guide) requires redownloading the entire game.

I might have had a security key thing back in the days so maybe that's why it's giving me that error? That was like 3 phones ago though...hmmm

My wife spoiled me:
TiAMhFq.jpg
KwGoM8O.jpg

Everything was sideways.

tumblr_nz7z75hPj21ubpbmgo1_500.gif

I might have had a security key thing back in the days so maybe that's why it's giving me that error? That was like 3 phones ago though...hmmm

So your account is perfectly secure, then!

I think you'll have to go through support. Godspeed, Megasoum.

Brashnir

So I'm not the best with playing mario maker, probably because I never played a ton of the originals. Is it worth going back and playing 3 and world to get a feel for the controls? I played 1 a bunch but never could finish it.

Also my brain can't handle the wall jumps in New.

I mean, if you want to play a good Mario game, you're way better off playing any of those than Mario Maker.

santeesioux

And that's why I only use those Visa prepaid debit cards.

My Steam is offline and I think I will leave it that way until this fuck up is fixed.

Good news, you're gonna have a bunch of that premium currency as you get it for each month with the authenticator even if you don't play! Also you can remove the authenticator without contacting support, just try to log in on the site without a code and it'll offer the option.

FYI, from the Steam hack thread:
I'd trust these guys, so if you're having fun looking up random profiles, maybe don't

R8G3cUZ.png
Edit: To be clear, SteamDB isn't affiliated with Valve at all.

Good news, you're gonna have a bunch of that premium currency as you get it for each month with the authenticator even if you don't play! Also you can remove the authenticator without contacting support, just try to log in on the site without a code and it'll offer the option.

That doesn't seem very secure at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom