• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

There was a guy in my local paper wearing a Giant Bomb hoodie today, and he wasn't even in the law enforcement section.

Thanks for the thoughts, btw.

We're experiencing the Florida equivalent of a blizzard down here:

OfWHAm2.png

That Mean Greens game someone mentioned on the Mixlr last night does look pretty awesome, but I'm always worried that small multiplayer only games like this will have barely 10 people playing.

Joeku

This Alan Thicke-sounding motherfucker on CNN has a really punchable face.

what if I told you

I'm canadian
Expatriation leads to people forgetting the grim realities of their home and native land.

Unless you're from Vancouver or some shit, in which case LOL.

Noaloha

Moving from UK to Sweden, I'm still yet to fully adjust to this dull, normative idea that seasonal snow, permanent coverage for multiple months, is the expectation.

Love weather.
That Mean Greens game someone mentioned on the Mixlr last night does look pretty awesome, but I'm always worried that small multiplayer only games like this will have barely 10 people playing.
The overall look of the game looks fing amazing but yeah, player count is something to worry about. (I read some reviews and they say servers are not great.) Hope they add some sort of single player content if they make another.
this thread got me reading Okusama ga Seito Kaichou and I'm still not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Alright, anime talk has gone too far.

@DanRyckert
I think @PaulRyckert is ready to go home.
CZbDpktUAAAopFn.jpg:medium

I played that mean greens game briefly, there's nothing extraordinary about it. The map design is really cool but the shooting mechanics leave a lot to be desired.

Fuck snow. I've seen enough over my life. Great when it got me out of school. Now I just have to shovel it and drive in it, which I never look forward to. Interestingly enough I was in Baltimore until Thursday and now I'm back home, dodging the worst of the blizzard. It's not common to escape to Pennsylvania to get away from the Maryland snow, though we are still supposed to get 6-10 inches.

kingocfs

Fuck snow. I've seen enough over my life. Great when it got me out of school. Now I just have to shovel it and drive in it, which I never look forward to. Interestingly enough I was in Baltimore until Thursday and now I'm back home, dodging the worst of the blizzard. It's not common to escape to Pennsylvania to get away from the Maryland snow, though we are still supposed to get 6-10 inches.

This right here. Snow fucking sucks.

Lunar FC

I think we get the perfect amount of snow here in New Mexico. Each year we get a handful of dustings, a couple decent storms (2-3 inches), and then a big storm (by our standard; 8 inches) every few years.

Chuck

Still without luck
The one thing I've learned from this snow is that college students need to learn that they probably need to own a shovel.

This lady outside is trying to dig her car out with a mop.

The one thing I've learned from this snow is that college students need to learn that they probably need to own a shovel.

This lady outside is trying to dig her car out with a mop.

aaahaha that's a new one

I've spent like 10 hours just wandering around in Dragon's Dogma and I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to be doing.

Noaloha

aaahaha that's a new one

I've spent like 10 hours just wandering around in Dragon's Dogma and I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to be doing.

It's been a while since I played the game, but my recollection of the early game is 1x an in-town well-quest, and three or four progressive 'reach this outpost' missions along a fairly straight route until you hit the hub city.

Bacon

aaahaha that's a new one

That's pretty much what I did in that game for about 25 hours then I decided I had seen enough and haven't played it since

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What? There are quests? Do the quests? I'm confused.

I made it to the hub city a long time ago and I'm collecting quests but I think I'm underleveled for literally every single one of them. I grabbed a couple of like level 80 pawns which is kind of hilarious because they maul shit. but mostly it's just about going as far as I can in a direction until monsters start one-shotting me.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm not even asking for help, I'm just bewildered by the whole thing.

tuxfool

Banned
I made it to the hub city a long time ago and I'm collecting quests but I think I'm underleveled for literally every single one of them. I grabbed a couple of like level 80 pawns which is kind of hilarious because they maul shit. but mostly it's just about going as far as I can in a direction until monsters start one-shotting me.

If you use level 80 pawns you're going to stay underlevelled.

This was my exact experience. I hit a point where I couldn't progress the main quest because I guess I was too low level but I had no idea what stuff I could actually safely do.

demidar

I've been putting a bit of time into Dragon's Dogma myself, and it's just a really weird game. Some parts are very fleshed out, but parts right next to them are super stripped down or obfuscated.

Also the game does a poor job of showing what the game is capable of. The first 10 hours are so fucking slow it gives me a headache.

Bitterblack Island, the main thing included into Dark Arisen, is super different to the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom