• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can see how EmCee has a tough job keeping things on track here when "NBA All Star Game to Host Space Jam Reading" is generally accepted as on topic to Giant Bomb.

Myggen

Are you feeling ok, Myggen? You've been off your game lately.

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread as well as I used to the last few weeks and I'm too lazy to search the thread. This is the result.

I just straight up overlooked that it was posted on the same page though!

daydream

Banned
it's almost half past 2, just came back from drinking with friends and i just ordered a pizza
and some fries to reach the minimal delivery price
and it's probably gonna take about an hour to get here. gonna throw on a movie but meanwhile, as the experts, i'd like to hear from you guys where i rank on the 'monster' scale

Watching Downwell on UPF. Should I buy Downwell? Feeling like I should buy Downwell.

buy that shit

def sim

On sale for $2 at the Humble Store.

I bought Downwell.

ImPDq4J.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've so far bought type-0 and dragon's dogma, fully intending to play them, but haven't gotten around to it.

Fucking cricket. It takes up all your goddamn time.

At least the big bash is over today.

ArjanN

Yes. The perfect kind of GB feature.

The Kerbal series is really shaping up to be legendary stuff.

I think the Kerbal stuff has really high highs, but the stuff in between is pretty boring.

I do like the Breaking Brad-like nature of it in chasing some hard to reach goal in a game though, but I'd probably rather see them do that in some other game, like say Invisible inc or Darkest Dungeon or some other rogue-lite/challenge based type game.

I can't think of anything this season that's really grabbed my attention, even Iron Blooded Orphans is kinda meh.

IBO is actually the only on-going thing on my queue. Everything else is old stuff I wanted to either rewatch or stuff recommended to me at some point that I haven't gotten to.

There's an anime thread on OT Community I think, if you dare enter.

Entering actual anime threads has actually put the fear of god in me.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
can someone please post that because it's a pretty funny gif and also you just made a "not" joke so I have to call you out for that terrible bullshit

I feel like we, as a culture, are through the other side on the whole 80s nostalgia thing which means we're about 6-12 months away from the "NOT" revival.

Any guesses for what games Dan is gonna have Paul play? (aside from Rocket League which I think was confirmed via a twitter pic.) I'd love to see his reaction to Until Dawn.

(Also, side note: in preparation for XCOM 2 I've been digging into Enemy Within and it fucking rules. Punching the shit out of aliens with a MEC will neeeeeeeever get old.)

Everything excluding things I know for sure I'm getting through:

Aw man, that's a good list.

Drop Attack on Titan and SAO (unless you want to watch the incest love triangle develop but the payoff is poor). Watch the first episode of Inferno Cop and if it doesn't grab you don't bother with the rest of it. If you don't enjoy KLK as you watch it, feel free to stop although I think that show has good buildup and tempo for the series (it's no Gurren but it's still damn good). Gintama might be the kind that you do in little bursts, do not try to watch that one all the way through.

I can't speak to HaNaYaMaTa, Akame ga Kill, Kuroko's Basketball, or Wakaba Girl.

The rest are great shows. Do not skip out on My Love Story.

fuck anime, learn japanese and watch terrible variety shows like the human trash I am you are

Also a good suggestion.

Any guesses for what games Dan is gonna have Paul play? (aside from Rocket League which I think was confirmed via a twitter pic.) I'd love to see his reaction to Until Dawn.

(Also, side note: in preparation for XCOM 2 I've been digging into Enemy Within and it fucking rules. Punching the shit out of aliens with a MEC will neeeeeeeever get old.)

It's going to have to be wacky shit. I can't really remember what came out this year that could rival the fuckery Dan pulled out last year though.

Enemy Within was great and having a team of snipers and mechs was immensely satisfying. I should reinstall that.

The ranger class with a sword in XCOM 2 looks sweet too.

Jintor

man i should watch more tv.

japanese shows also subtitle everything so it's actually kind of decent reading + speed + listening practice

Aw man, that's a good list.

Drop Attack on Titan and SAO (unless you want to watch the incest love triangle develop but the payoff is poor). Watch the first episode of Inferno Cop and if it doesn't grab you don't bother with the rest of it. If you don't enjoy KLK as you watch it, feel free to stop although I think that show has good buildup and tempo for the series (it's no Gurren but it's still damn good). Gintama might be the kind that you do in little bursts, do not try to watch that one all the way through.

I can't speak to HaNaYaMaTa, Akame ga Kill, Kuroko's Basketball, or Wakaba Girl.

The rest are great shows. Do not skip out on My Love Story.

Thanks! Does Attack on Titan just not pay off well or is it just a slog throughout?

fuck anime, learn japanese and watch terrible variety shows like the human trash I am you are

I actually started learning this semester.

yami4ct

Thanks! Does Attack on Titan just not pay off well or is it just a slog throughout?

I actually started learning this semester.

Attack on Titan is the single worst paced piece of action fiction I've had the displeasure of reading. Great looking action and cool world, but horrendous writing all around.

SAO is hilarious pandering garbage. It's almost worth watching because of how hilarious it can be in those respects.

Also, Kill La Kill is bad and don't waste your time with that. Put something good like Mushi-Shi in that slot. Noragami is also worth checking out. The first season is just pretty good fun, but the second is just astounding. Firing on all cylinders. Favorite thing I watched this year.

I'd dearly love some kind of Let's Watch or Let's Backseat Play feature where GB invite an expert to the couch and explore / discover / discuss a game with a somewhat aurhoritative voice or capability.

This comment reminded me of when the Games Done Quick dudes were on last year's Big Live Live Show so I went back to watch that and then I went and started watching the first part and then they brought out the nacho cheese and oh god what am I doing???

Jintor

it's one of those 'concept better than execution' animes (apart from 3d maneuver sequences) and the pacing is gosh darn terrible.

i can't believe you survived that much sao without dropping it or dying

Myggen

This comment reminded me of when the Games Done Quick dudes were on last year's Big Live Live Show so I went back to watch that and then I went and started watching the first part and then they brought out the nacho cheese and oh god what am I doing???

You're in it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom