• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to post on WrassleGAF more than any other thread on GAF. About 2 years ago it got impossible to deal with... I stoped and now just poke my head in every now and then... sometimes I shake my head... a lot.

The NXT Takeover threads every few months seem to be a bit saner.

I used to post on WrassleGAF more than any other thread on GAF. About 2 years ago it got impossible to deal with... I stoped and now just poke my head in every now and then... sometimes I shake my head... a lot.

The NXT Takeover threads every few months seem to be a bit saner.

I've bitten my tongue until now, but it's one of the most miserable, insular, disrespectful, insufferable shitholes on this website. It's like a vacuum where you can get away with all sorts of shittiness that'd be shut down immediately on any other part of the forum.

Jintor if you ever want help with that thread, shoot me a PM. I figure even if it's not something I'm good at having multiple people working on it is a good way to force it to get done.

Edit: The question is, would we do it on gaming community or OT community? Obviously they've got gaming stuff but the vast majority of their content isn't gaming focused.

The Witness seems like a fancy Talos Principle. I enjoyed that game though, so interested in The Witness.

Been a while since I played a proper Puzzle Game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've bitten my tongue until now, but it's one of the most miserable, insular, disrespectful, insufferable shitholes on this website. It's like a vacuum where you can get away with all sorts of shittiness that'd be shut down immediately on any other part of the forum.

You should ask for modship since you seem to know everything about policing a community you're not a part of.

Hey don't talk about GB-GAF that wa-- oh

Myggen

Maybe discussing another community on the site that a lot of people here are part of and why it was or wasn't shut down or whatever isn't the best idea in the world.

Anyways, Giant Bomb?

Anyways, Giant Bomb?

DiscreteCleverGoshawk.gif

For some reason, all of the best Giant Bomb moments relate to food somehow. (See also: Brad's hamster impression; twinkie pit; cake flush thing that apparently really happened.)

What has happened to Patrick since he left? He is even starting to use those terrible youtube thumbnails now.

4bjdm6K.png

Why Patrick?

Please don't force me to unsubscribe.

Same. Games like BoI and Spelunky I can just keep playing for tens of hours after beating them, but not Downwell. Maybe not enough variety in Downwell?

Yeah, the timing of that whole thing is so good that it almost looks scripted.

I'll fire up Downwell for a run or two during my commute. But I will sink hours into Spelunky, BoI, and the current king, Nuclear Throne.

But you'll talk all kinds of shit about it in your little safe zone while it's not around.

I only brought it up since others were talking about it. I'm not going out of my way to shit on the place or attacking anybody individually.

Regardless, I've said my piece, it's probably best we just drop it.

What has happened to Patrick since he left? He is even starting to use those terrible youtube thumbnails now.

4bjdm6K.png

Why Patrick?

Please don't force me to unsubscribe.

He did the same thing with that trailer reaction video.

Credit where credit's due, though: He seems to be revisiting the video essay format that I lamented the lack of a while back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Also it was a pie they flushed.

Why would you waste a perfectly good cake by flushing it when there already aren't enough seats for everybody?

Myggen

Youtube thumbnails are probably super fucking important.

Oh yeah, there's tons of data on that. That's why you see so many big LPers doing the WEIRD FACE in every thumbnail etc. You gotta play that game if you want to grow on YT. The Kinda Funny guys are pretty big on the HUGE picture of a woman with them as a tiny part of the thumbnail for example.

yami4ct

Having been apart of some communities outside of GAF, not even WrestleGaf can phase me. I imagine most Transformers communities basically have zero moderation. What moderation is there is shit throwing right there with everyone else.

Myggen

The only use I find in them is knowing what videos not to click.

They're not for us though.

The "science" of YT has always been pretty interesting to me, but I don't engage much with the content. GB takes up enough of my time. I'm sure I would've loved PewDiePie etc. if I was growing up now.

Same. Games like BoI and Spelunky I can just keep playing for tens of hours after beating them, but not Downwell. Maybe not enough variety in Downwell?

Yeah, the timing of that whole thing is so good that it almost looks scripted.

It's a work of Internet broadcast art. Everything came together perfectly.

Myggen

Honestly Brad seemed too busy thinking about the Witness to really take in what Rorie was asking lol. Mary is the only one who seemingly noticed what Rorie was saying. Brads just on his end going like 'yeah, I wrote that review! Whoo! Recipes!'

Thinking about that 5 star score.

Oh man, I hope so. I replayed Braid recently and have been getting stupidly excited for The Witness

I don't know if I'm going to get what I want out of the Witness. Based on what I've read in an interview or two, Blow seems to think the importance of Braid is in the narrative, whereas I think it's in the inventive puzzles and gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom