• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

Hope the guys can sort out everything soon to make more content more quickly. I love all their side shows - Demo Disc Derby, Old Game Show, Ranking of Fighters, Bombasticas, just wish they could be more consistent with it.

StoveOven

Banned
I don't know if I'm going to get what I want out of the Witness. Based on what I've read in an interview or two, Blow seems to think the importance of Braid is in the narrative, whereas I think it's in the inventive puzzles and gameplay.

I think it was a little bit of both, but I do think that the puzzle design should come first. However, I have full faith in Blow to deliver smartly designed puzzles. It takes a certain kind of meticulous to spend 8 years working on a game. The fact that he cut 400 puzzles from the game shows that he has a certain quality bar and that every puzzle in the game has a reason for being there. The hushed excitement that people with review copies have spoken about the game only reassures my confidence.

robotrock

Banned
I'm predicting a 5/5 from Brad for The Witness for no reason at all. Seems like a game Brad would loooooooove if it's done well, and I (kinda?) trust Blow. Exciting that we know that little about a game in this day and age either way though.

With the way Giant Bomb's review schedule works, I have to imagine that if Brad is powering through a 20+ hour puzzle game in the span of a week, he's gotta love it. I'm totally expecting a 5/5, unless the ending is incredibly unsatisfying or something.
I don't know if I'm going to get what I want out of the Witness. Based on what I've read in an interview or two, Blow seems to think the importance of Braid is in the narrative, whereas I think it's in the inventive puzzles and gameplay.

I've been listening to a few Blow podcasts today, and I think you'll be alright. He seems to be trying to make a world with history that's interesting enough to keep you invested in it, but there seems to be a heavy focus on having it being a rewarding puzzle experience.

Are GB members/gaming personalities worth following on Twitter? I'm not really a fan of social media, but sometimes I feel like I'd be enjoying myself if I was following the crew to see what they're posting.

robotrock

Banned
Are GB members/gaming personalities worth following on Twitter? I'm not really a fan of social media, but sometimes I feel like I'd be enjoying myself if I was following the crew to see what they're posting.

Alex Navarro has an incredible Twitter.

Jeff's is consistently great.

Everyone else is alright.

I have a question about giant bomb memes!

Whats the deal with that picture of a dude holding TNMT models that pops up on Jeffs twitter all the time?

I have a question about giant bomb memes!

Whats the deal with that picture of a dude holding TNMT models that pops up on Jeffs twitter all the time?

From what I've gathered it's mostly just the scuzzy expression on that dude's face that's led to it becoming an inside joke between him, Alex, Casey Malone, the G̶o̶o̶c̶h̶ Gucci, and others (pretty sure it all started with the idea that the statues are made of his cum -- no, really).

I don't think you need to make an account but if you have one I don't see why not? I don't have a twitter account but I check their accounts from time to time and there are great and amusing stuff to read. For example, I wondered what Dan thought of REmake but once I checked his twitter I found out he said that he is enjoying it alot.

Anybody on here made their top 10 for 2015? Here's mine. It'll be interesting to see what you guys picked. LIS LE still haven't arrived where I live but I'm expecting it to do so these few days so can't wait to pick that one up and The Witness when it's out.

Watched the last UPF and I enjoyed it. Then again I don't think I was ever down on any episode they did because I'm coming from the point of view of "Let's see what they're going to do now" and not "PLEASE ENTERTAAAIN MEEEE". Comparing GB to what the crew was doing when they were at GS was... lol, no comparison. Can't wait for Dan and Paul Extravaganza, I'm hoping they slide in REmake for abit but we'll see.

There's also a possibility of Drew appearing on ESPN
(Anybody who has an account and does Crossfit, be sure to post there.), get ready for commentators doing their work to explain all of Drew's sick skills to us.

kvk1

Life Is Strange
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Rocket League
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Elite: Dangerous
Her Story
MGS V
Undertale
Dota 2
Defense of the Ancients (Two)

Fireblend

Banned
Here's my top 10. Pretty good year really. If I could go back I'd remove Yokai Watch and put Splatoon in, since I started playing it last week and found it's really good, it'd probably place at least above Majora's Mask 3D too. Also, Rocket League might be a bit too low... eh, it's a decent list.

Anjin M

My top five of games I played last year (not necessarily that came out last year)
  • 80 Days
  • Bloodborne
  • Destiny: The Taken King
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If there's no limit to only games released in the west or this year it would be:

1) Undertale
2) LiS
3) Ys Origin
4) Trails in the sky FC
5) Persona 4 dancing
6) Ys 2
7) IA/VT
8) Taiko no tetsujin V
9) Hatsune miku project mirai
10) Ys 1

Joeku

Here's my top 10. Pretty good year really. If I could go back I'd remove Yokai Watch and put Splatoon in, since I started playing it last week and found it's really good, it'd probably place at least above Majora's Mask 3D too. Also, Rocket League might be a bit too low... eh, it's a decent list.

Damn good list.

Mine. Pretty dang good year. My only regret, after now watching a friend play it again, is not putting Emily is Away anywhere on it or even in the honourable mentions. Emily is What Cibellacks.

I've been too lazy to write anything about my top 10 but it's:

1. Undertale
2. Persona 4 Dancing all night
3. Tales from the Borderlands
4. The Witcher 3
5. MGS V
6. Bloodborne
7. Life is Strange
8. Yakuza 5
9. SOMA
10. Shadowrun Hong Kong

Jintor

i don't think i played enough games released in 2015 but here's my OST list

1 undertale
2 splatoon
3 necrodancer
4 witcher 3
5 persona 4 dance
6 metal gear v
7 probably life is strange but i need to play more

special mention: downwell's first three notes are stronggggg

daydream

Banned
Anybody on here made their top 10 for 2015?

1. splatoon
2. mario maker
3. steamworld heist
4. undertale
5. xenoblade chronicles x
6. crypt of the necrodancer
7. invisible inc.
8. yoshi's wooly world
9. her story
10. boxboy!

is what i voted for on the site. stuff like p&d mario edition, little battlers experience or downwell deserves very honourable mentions.

also, here's my indie goty vote (first two games are at odds with the gb list but whatevs. funnily enough, crypt would be at the top if it was eligible)

Tubobutts

You guys are my game of the year

tumblr_muwvj0QxIV1rvo0tro2_250.gif

Then you clearly haven't listened to anything Blow has talked about in the past decade. It's always been about the gameplay to Blow.

I pretty much never play 10 new games in a year so I don't really make GOTY lists, but if I did, The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne would be #1 and #2.

My opinions are very unique, and very provocative

demidar

I didn't make a list either, going back and remembering what I played is too hard. I do know that 1 and 2 would be Undertale and Witcher 3 respectively though, and MGSV somewhere in the top 5.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I won't order the games but what I've enjoyed the most this year
Witcher 3
Undertale
Dying Light
Pillars of Eternity
Grow Home
SOMA
Wolfenstein New Blood

Alex is probably the second best twitterer I follow.

KC Green is the first.

Alex' Twitter is like Jeff's tumblr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom