• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

its taken me 15 hours but i successfully buzzed the mun. was real nervous. had about like 10 liquid fuel units after i managed to get my lil dude back to kerbal.

Myggen

LrbAQ8e.gif

Xater

Oh man this moment was so great:

Dan: You always said you got married for three reasons...

Paul: Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

BearPawB

Banned
Earth Defense Force 4.1 is a great game that everyone should play.

I've put so much time into that game, and it just keeps being fun. It is the ultimate go to.

IF YOU HAVE A PS4 AND DONT OWN EDF, you need to reassess your life.

So what happened to Dead Space? I mean that literally. I've replayed the games and know the details about the DLC. The DLC of the third seemed to indicate that the series had a very bad end, but it also seemed to leave a lot more questions in the air than what was actually answered through the series.

I feel like the end of that DLC was a cliffhanger, either intended or not, but is that series dead and done? I kinda want to know more, and none of the books go into details about anything from the games forward. But I don't think anything Dead Space related has come out for a while, so is that series just languishing somewhere?

I'm sure it's been said before, but Paul Ryckert sounds kind of like Norm MacDonald. He has a lot of the same cadence. His voice just isn't as harsh.

Myggen

This Ryckert video is as good as I hope it would be. Perfect hangover entertainment.

"Is this all part of a sting operation?"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"I feel like I know Vinny from just watching the videos. He seems like a really good dad"

Paul Ryckert GB GAF confirmed

jaina

late to the conversation, all you care about now is Paul... :)

Anybody on here made their top 10 for 2015?
Out of the ones I played and released in 2015:
1. Tales from the Borderlands: Episodes 2-5 ;
2. Life Is Strange ;
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X ;
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain ;
5. Axiom Verge ;
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate ;
7. Splatoon ;
8. Rocket League ;
9. Her Story ;
10. Contradiction ;

Honorable Mentions
x. Undertale ; x. Until Dawn ; x. Grow Home ; x. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 ; x. Tales of Zestiria ; x. Ori and the Blind Forest ; x. Nintendo Badge Arcade ;

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

styl3s

I want Paul as a full-time giant bomb employee now.

Him being on the weekly live show alone would be worth twice the subscription cost.

Dan mentioned he was getting kinda drunk during the Dan and Paul video. Then they went immediately after to record Danswers. Definitely going to listen to it for the drunk Dan advice.

Fantastic lists everyone, really such a diverse amount of games and opinions which shows just how great this year was. Hopefully this year would be even better.

Patryn

So what happened to Dead Space? I mean that literally. I've replayed the games and know the details about the DLC. The DLC of the third seemed to indicate that the series had a very bad end, but it also seemed to leave a lot more questions in the air than what was actually answered through the series.

I feel like the end of that DLC was a cliffhanger, either intended or not, but is that series dead and done? I kinda want to know more, and none of the books go into details about anything from the games forward. But I don't think anything Dead Space related has come out for a while, so is that series just languishing somewhere?

EA was unhappy with the sales of the first two games, so they made the third game a co-op focused game that was heavier on action than horror.

This included adding a modular weapon system that focused more heavily on actual guns than repurposed engineering equipment, and the introduction of human enemies that would shoot at you and an accompanying cover system.

Many fans felt that this was the exact opposite direction for the series to go to, and thus it launched to a lot of negative buzz. Indications are that it didn't sell anywhere near what EA wanted it to, so the series is kind of dead at the moment.

Personally, I liked the modular weapon system, but it made the game far too easy to break.

As for my personal GOTY of 2015, it's Shadowrun Dragonfall. I know it didn't come out in 2015, but I only played it last year.

Also, do we have any indication of what series Jeff is thinking of cancelling? I figured RoF was a shoo-in, but that came back. I now fear for Demo Derby, because that's actually entertaining.

Patryn

Based on Danny's tweet it sounds like Gamespot is skipping PAX South. Given that as far as I know Giant Bomb is skipping it as well, I really hope people here didn't buy tickets expecting a panel.

Also, do we have any indication of what series Jeff is thinking of cancelling? I figured RoF was a shoo-in, but that came back. I now fear for Demo Derby, because that's actually entertaining.

Not really canceled, but MGScanlon will be wrapping up soon since they're pretty close to the end now.

robotrock

Banned

Where did he say this?

I want Unprofessional Fridays to get more unprofessional. The rigid structure of everyone expected to bring in one video game can turn out not great often.

I need episodes that involve browsing Youtube for half of the show.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Based on Danny's tweet it sounds like Gamespot is skipping PAX South. Given that as far as I know Giant Bomb is skipping it as well, I really hope people here didn't buy tickets expecting a panel.

Everybody is skipping PAX South. It's clearly going to end up the one left out. I haven't heard it referenced except as a response of "No, I/we won't be attending PAX South this year"

Bacon

Everybody is skipping PAX South. It's clearly going to end up the one left out. I haven't heard it referenced except as a response of "No, I/we won't be attending PAX South this year"

What is there, 4 pax events now, with three in America? That's just too much pax to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom