• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone who listed a top ten in here actually vote? Because you should have.

Maybe the results would have been less existential painful for certain parties.

I'm with daydream here, I don't really give a shit about a vote. If you want to know my top ten games of the year, holler at your boy, but I don't really care about my opinion as a part of this website.

daydream

Banned
I barely understand what I just watched

tumblr_mhbyhyv86U1r8uz24o1_400.gif

danm999

Can't listen to the Beastcast any more. Bunch of milk bigots!

Thought the discussion this week was fantastic especially the early access stuff.

Dan and Paul talking about A Link to the Past makes me really wish there was a proper new handheld Zelda to play. Maybe it's the time I go back and play Oracle of Ages?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It was a reference to Jaffe's painting comment about the game. Have a look at daydream's comment I quoted.
Ah ok, not familiar with that one!

Can't listen to the Beastcast any more. Bunch of milk bigots!

Thought the discussion this week was fantastic especially the early access stuff.
The cake segment had me in stitches.

Feel the exact same way. Couldn't give less of a shit about this site's GOTY.
Only about 1,600 users vote, you're not alone.

yami4ct

I'm not sure I can think of a modern GB feature I don't dig. MGSV is probably my least favorite as that game isn't really conducive to what makes that feature great. I would absolutely still tune in for the last couple episodes of that, so I kind of feel like they might as well just finish it.

Outside of that, Choose Our Own Adventure is probably my least favorite. It's fine, but I prefer longer form content with the same game like Playdates, VinnyVania or Project Beast.

Fireblend

Banned
Yep! Great Zelda game. I think the only ones I haven't finished are Oracle of Ages, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword.

Oracle of Ages was my favorite of the Oracle games, though maybe it's a bit shorter than Seasons? All I remember is I got Seasons and my brother got Ages for xmas, and I envied him because I kept thinking how much cooler time-travel was over weather manipulation :p for that reason whenever I think of playing them, I feel like the order is Seasons->Ages even though you can do the reverse too. How I wish the third planned Oracle game had been made, I can only imagine what kind of peaceful utopic world .

Either way, those 2 are in my top 5 Zelda games of all time for sure (I don't really like 3D Zelda, ALBW was a heaven-sent for me). So good. I've been replaying them on my 3DS starting with Seasons and they really hold up.

Edit: Now that I think about it the Oracle games situation is sort of a precedent for what the new Fire Emblem is doing now. So glad I got the SE preordered.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Witness is out on bombcast day so hopefully they talk about it, because I still dont know wht that game is about

Oracle of Ages was my favorite of the Oracle games, though maybe it's a bit shorter than Seasons? All I remember is I got Seasons and my brother got Ages for xmas, and I envied him because I kept thinking how much cooler time-travel was over weather manipulation :p for that reason whenever I think of playing them, I feel like the order is Seasons->Ages even though you can do the reverse too. How I wish the third planned Oracle game had been made, I can only imagine what kind of peaceful utopic world .

Either way, those 2 are in my top 5 Zelda games of all time for sure (I don't really like 3D Zelda, ALBW was a heaven-sent for me). So good. I've been replaying them on my 3DS starting with Seasons and they really hold up.

Edit: Now that I think about it the Oracle games situation is sort of a precedent for what the new Fire Emblem is doing now. So glad I got the SE preordered.

Yeah I got Seasons when it came out and loved it, but now I remember absolutely nothing about it. Those are like the most-overlooked Zelda games. Even Minish Cap gets talked about more than them, although they're all good. I think the only game I stopped playing because it wasn't good was Spirit Tracks.

lol I just checked the gaf goty thread.

yeah I don't care about having a voice in that. gaf continues to have questionable taste

It's fun to participate!

...until you open the results thread and see people stopping just short of calling each other stupid. They're actually doing the thing I joked about doing a few days ago. I think they can do a bit better.

yami4ct

Yeah I got Seasons when it came out and loved it, but now I remember absolutely nothing about it. Those are like the most-overlooked Zelda games. Even Minish Cap gets talked about more than them, although they're all good. I think the only game I stopped playing because it wasn't good was Spirit Tracks.

They absolutely are the most overlooked Zeldas and it's sad as hell. When taken together, Seasons and Ages might be my favorite 2D Zelda game. They have so many interesting ideas and systems and are generally charming as hell.

I was almost tempted to play it just so I can shoot some lasers because they look and sound real nice.

good on Austin for trying to make some sense of this stuff but I'm just watching this feeling totally lost.

but laserrrrs

It's fun to participate!

...until you open the results thread and see people stopping just short of calling each other stupid. They're actually doing the thing I joked about doing a few days ago. I think they can do a bit better.

getting yelled at by people who collectively think the 4th best Souls game is GOTY sounds like a blast but I'll pass

yami4ct

good on Austin for trying to make some sense of this stuff but I'm just watching this feeling totally lost.

but laserrrrs

getting yelled at by people who collectively think the 4th best Souls game is GOTY sounds like a blast but I'll pass

I mean, Bloodborne has serious problems, but worse than Dark Souls 2? Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom