• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I cried the first time I beat MGS3. It was 4 in the morning, and between Eva's monologue and that terribly sorrowful song that played over the credits, I lost it.

That and the end of TWD season 1.

Anjin M

Everyone knows the Souls rankings go

Dark Souls 1

A massive gap

Bloodborne
Demon's

An even BIGGER Gap

Dark Souls 2

I'm okay with this.

so, anyone has this problem where you pause a GB video, switch to another tab, switch back and as you move the cursor down to click on the video, you accidentally open one drop-down menu and click that? just did that

I do this all the effing time and it drive me nuts!

It synced up nicely with Austin being completely over the concept of a game giving you feelings being a noteworthy thing on the Beastcast.

This along with The Citizen Kane of Games and Games Aren't Just For Kids are the perfect trifecta of people not taking games seriously.

I cry/tear up at good moments in movies and video games all the time, felt weird that they they were so adamant on it being a stupid question.

Example that gets me every time because of awesomeness, and I'm not even a LOTR fan: https://youtu.be/Z6XicBBN1l4?t=1m09s

It's more about how it's phrased and what it's asking.

"What games have elicited emotional responses from you" is a lot different than "Has a game ever made you cry" where one can spawn some kind of possible discussion/recommendations and the other is just "yes/no"

It synced up nicely with Austin being completely over the concept of a game giving you feelings being a noteworthy thing on the Beastcast.

I believe he said that taking something with you from a game that you carry forward into your life is way more important than just having an emotional response, and I think I agree. For example, That Dragon Cancer sounds like a miserable display of human suffering, but I don't know what amazing insight I gain from having that fact that cancer blows reinforced.

Conversely, Undertale is a silly game about wacky monsters, but I'm pretty sure I gleaned some stuff from that nonsense. Really great stuff that's more valuable than "I cried so games are art."

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really like that Austin can apparently bring out that more thoughtful side from Vinny and especially Alex when they have discussions like that

Jintor

Yeah, I feel like Alex has been given a better venue to elucidate his thoughts more these days. I mean, him and Patrick were getting there before, but I think Patrick tended to lose focus on longer topics - he was always more newsman than analyst, I think.

Myggen

some Fighting game thing. Probably because Jason put it there.

I think that's mostly a community thing. Fighting game tournaments were a regular thing on the site long before Jason arrived.

The only moment in any form of entertainment (books, tv, movies, games, music) that has ever made me cry is the last 15 or so minutes of Six Feet Under.

I think that's mostly a community thing. Fighting game tournaments were a regular thing on the site long before Jason arrived.

The only moment in any form of entertainment (books, tv, movies, games, music) that has ever made me cry is the last 15 or so minutes of Six Feet Under.

I watched all of Lost for the first time last year and it made me cry a little numerous times.

Anjin M

I know this is insane, but I finally finished reading the GB GOTY thread. Surreal.
I always loose it during the overture of any musical and at the sad part of most Pixar movies.
I watched all of Lost for the first time last year and it made me cry a little numerous times.
The only thing that made me cry about Lost was that I watched all of Lost.

I know this is insane, but I finally finished reading the GB GOTY thread. Surreal.

I always loose it during the overture of any musical and at the sad part of most Pixar movies.

The only thing that made me cry about Lost was that I watched all of Lost.

There are two ways to watch Lost. Watch it and be upset about how dumb it is, or watch it and embrace how stupid it is. I chose the latter.

The Constant is one of the best hours of TV ever made, despite being in Lost's latter, poorer seasons.

Desmond was just a fantastic character all around. Such a wonderful addition to the show.

Joeku

I always loose it during the overture of any musical and at the sad part of most Pixar movies..

Pixar are kind of pros at the whole tearjerking thing.

Desmond was just a fantastic character all around. Such a wonderful addition to the show.

Yep, Henry Ian Cusick was completely fantastic

3 hours until Project B.E.A.S.T. And then a The Witness QL and hopefully review. Good day.

The Witness comes out on my birthday. Someone better buy it for me as a gift. The last game to come out on the 26th I wanted was Mass Effect 2. Got that as a present. It was fucking rad.

Now, I'm certain that The Witness won't have anything as rad as Mordin, but still. I'd look forward to almost anything that took seven years to make.

demidar

There are two ways to watch Lost. Watch it and be upset about how dumb it is, or watch it and embrace how stupid it is. I chose the latter.

I loved Lost for all the mythology and tapestry of connections and references in the background, as well as the ARG stuff like the Dharma Initiative and how spoopy it was. Made discussions fun and I love looking through wiki page after wiki page learning about everything.

Joeku

I loved Lost for all the mythology and tapestry of connections and references in the background, as well as the ARG stuff like the Dharma Initiative and how spoopy it was. Made discussions fun and I love looking through wiki page after wiki page learning about everything.

Bad Robot in general produces great ARGs. Cloverfield and Lost were a ton of fun to speculate about and read into.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
so, anyone has this problem where you pause a GB video, switch to another tab, switch back and as you move the cursor down to click on the video, you accidentally open one drop-down menu and click that? just did that
ALL. THE. TIME.

Myggen

WellwornDeafeningHen.gif

Jintor

i'm crying for all these lost kerbals

i know vinny was only fucking around just trying to bull his way to the mun without even bothering to enter kerbin orbit 'cos he had already written off the mission, but i was practically shouting at my tv at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom