• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

catching up to UPF and I'm warming up to the new studio. altho Jeff's close-up is too close to his face. maybe they should zoom out a bit. it's jarring whenever they switch to his cam.

strafer

catching up to UPF and I'm warming up to the new studio. altho Jeff's close-up is too close to his face. maybe they should zoom out a bit. it's jarring whenever they switch to his cam.

I think that's on purpose to catch all of his crazy expressions he makes.

LiK

I think that's on purpose to catch all of his crazy expressions he makes.

yea, but just zoom out just a bit.

Who the hell suggested Aviary Attorney? Terrible.

If you post here come clean so we can mock you.

I liked the writing and how they implemented the art and music. but it's too short and felt rushed in spots. also, the whole days thing was lame. hoping for a sequel anyway.

Myggen

Seriously? wow.

It's not because I'm a manly man or whatever, I just don't cry easily. I never cried in my grandparent's funerals for example. I've always worried that it makes me look like I don't care, that it doesn't affect me.

Anyways, I wanna go home to watch Project B.E.A.S.T.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I might be one of the biggest crybabies when it comes to any media really.

Then again I also cry when I yawn.

Maybe I just have sensitive eyes.

strafer

There is only one game that makes me really emotional. The first time I had some tears.

What a journey it was.

I think I might be one of the biggest crybabies when it comes to any media really.

Then again I also cry when I yawn.

Maybe I just have sensitive eyes.

And this.

I cried like a fucking baby to Tennant's Doctor's last episode and him saying goodbye. Fuck that manipulative episode!

fkLF9.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Same, but especially with TV/film. I will say games do it to me a lot less. I think it's something about the act of holding a controller and always being, in my mind, occupied with a game's mechanics, that prevents me from just giving myself over completely the way I do with TV. It's a left brain/right brain kind of thing I guess.

It's not because I'm a manly man or whatever, I just don't cry easily. I never cried in my grandparent's funerals for example. I've always worried that it makes me look like I don't care, that it doesn't affect me.

Anyways, I wanna go home to watch Project B.E.A.S.T.

Yeah, I'm the same way. The best you'll get from me is my eyes welling up, which can be annoying in a can't-make-yourself-sneeze kind of way.

Stuff that got the closest was Lost's "The Constant", the opening of The Last of Us, and a couple parts of Toy Story 3.

Actually, the
Ciri reunion
in The Witcher 3 got me pretty good too.

Megasoum

Banned
A guy just PMd me here to tell me I made his day back in july of last year when I quoted one of his post about a Dire Strait song in a "Perfect song" thread lol...

I mean...sure... I'm flattered but....what?

danm999

Patryn

Hopefully this week has a bit more content than last week.

But I worry about GBeast. Alex was out 2 weeks ago, Austin was out last week... that has to indicate that Vinny's out this week, right? He said he was also going to take time off in January at the beginning of the year as I recall.

But I worry about GBeast. Alex was out 2 weeks ago, Austin was out last week... that has to indicate that Vinny's out this week, right? He said he was also going to take time off in January at the beginning of the year as I recall.

I think he just said on a podcast he has some time off in March for a wedding? I assumed Jeff's.

Sounds like there's supposed to be a playdate this week so if he's taking time off then it's not the whole week.

I'm glad Vinny put those lights on so he could keep close tabs on the monopropellant tanks.
I'll spoiler that.. It's about a moment in the latest Kerbal.

Haunted

Finishing up last week's bombcast and lol at brad saying examples of shit questions "has a game ever made you cry" :p
It's an entry-level question in terms of videogame discourse.

It synced up nicely with Austin being completely over the concept of a game giving you feelings being a noteworthy thing on the Beastcast.
This has been the trajectory a couple times now. The West Office instinctively knowing something, but it's Austin and East that are going one level deeper on it in terms of discussion and analyses and really putting it into words.

:bow GBEast

omgkitty

Really interested to see what the consensus on The Witness is. I'd assume today we're going to find some stuff out about that game that wasn't known before.

Really interested to see what the consensus on The Witness is. I'd assume today we're going to find some stuff out about that game that wasn't known before.

Yeah, I'm interested to start digging into people's thoughts about it, even if it's just something like "I can't really explain what makes this good without spoiling it, just play it." Super intriguing.

It\s kinda getting harder to justify staying subscribed to premium since the content is so sparse. Wish they would do more lp style content, should be easy to produce and the videos would be pretty popular. Gbeast playthrough of yakuza is the dream.

danm999

Another good thing about The Witness finally coming out is that guy that was working on it can finish his game Twelve Minutes.

YES!

That game looked great.

Enter the apartment, hide in the closet before your wife sees you. Wait there. Then when the cop breaks in, you can hear her say where the thing he's looking for is without resetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom