• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

It\s kinda getting harder to justify staying subscribed to premium since the content is so sparse. Wish they would do more lp style content, should be easy to produce and the videos would be pretty popular. Gbeast playthrough of yakuza is the dream.

I've long gotten the sense that Jeff is not really interested in LP style content.

Not saying he's starkly opposed to it, I think he just has little interest in generating it himself.

LiK

It\s kinda getting harder to justify staying subscribed to premium since the content is so sparse. Wish they would do more lp style content, should be easy to produce and the videos would be pretty popular. Gbeast playthrough of yakuza is the dream.

that will take them like a year to beat.

We're a month into the year, maybe give it a little bit of time while they do all the meetings and suss out the details.

I'd rather not have another LP kind of content anyway.

omgkitty

Yeah, I'm interested to start digging into people's thoughts about it, even if it's just something like "I can't really explain what makes this good without spoiling it, just play it." Super intriguing.

Yeah I just want to hear that it's good and not just 100 hours of line puzzles. Jonathan Blow has made such a huge deal of trying to transcend games or whatever, but to me so far this looks like a normal video game.

popo

It's not because I'm a manly man or whatever, I just don't cry easily. I never cried in my grandparent's funerals for example. I've always worried that it makes me look like I don't care, that it doesn't affect me.

We always knew you were a sociopath. You need to start faking it like Dexter or people will start wondering.

Only animals have any effect on me. The death or suffering of humans in media, games, etc. do nothing but if a cartoon dog gets hit by a car ... I still have not watched John Wick after hearing the synopsis.

"Flappin' ass rocket dick just slappin' atmosphere" is probably the best thing Alex Navarro has ever said.

launch1-1024x682.jpg

Yeah I'm not sure we need more LP-style content, but I do agree that the dearth of premium content has been unfortunate. I realize they're in a transition period right now, but I hope to see more soon.

omgkitty

Yeah I'm not sure we need more LP-style content, but I do agree that the dearth of premium content has been unfortunate. I realize they're in a transition period right now, but I hope to see more soon.

Yeah while I understand it's a new year, I don't see why GBeast didn't just pick up the slack and just give the West guys a week or whatever to get their shit together, but instead both sides are taking time off. Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons.

Yeah while I understand it's a new year, I don't see why GBeast didn't just pick up the slack and just give the West guys a week or whatever to get their shit together, but instead both sides are slacking and taking time off.

that's assuming a whole lot there, like that the east coast isn't helping the west coast with their setups as well as whatever else they're trying to do, like meetings and planning for the new year and such.

I personally have a hard time saying something like this without having intimate knowledge of their workings myself.

omgkitty

that's assuming a whole lot there, like that the east coast isn't helping the west coast with their setups as well as whatever else they're trying to do, like meetings and planning for the new year and such.

I personally have a hard time saying something like this without having intimate knowledge of their workings myself.

I hear your pain but they are employees. You kinda have to give them holidays to do with as they see fit. Can't call that slacking.

Yeah I changed my post to make me sound like less of an ass hole :\

danm999

I will say this for Premium Content (and I realize it's totally because of new studio concerns);

We are absolutely overdue a new Mario Party Party.

I feel like I don't know enough about how video production works to complain about lack of content but on the other hand how hard can it be for a couple of the guys to sit on a couch and play video games for an hour or two a couple times a week between the two offices. I don't know how the day to day stuff works so take what I said with a Mario Maker won GOTY amount of salt please.

FluxWaveZ

I beat P4G in a week-long marathon. beat NG+ in another week. :)

Sure, I think my P4 playthrough was about the same length when I was trying to catch up to the Endurance Run back in 2009. But I'm saying that, at least going by How Long to Beat, P4 is a longer game than any Yakuza game. I suppose I was thinking of a GB playthrough as it being like more of an Endurance Run, though. If it had the pace of a Metal Gear Scanlon, it'd probably take them a lot longer than the original ER.

popo

I feel like I don't know enough about how video production works to complain about lack of content but on the other hand how hard can it be for a couple of the guys to sit on a couch and play video games for an hour or two a couple times a week between the two offices. I don't know how the day to day stuff works so take what I said with a Mario Maker won GOTY amount of salt please.

It is a point. One day dedicated to just recording could be split up in to chucks and provide premium content every day for a whole week. If they traded off between coasts it would only be one day every two weeks. Any live streams on top they have time for would be gravy.

For whatever reason they either can't or don't want to do it that way. I have no experience of their working environment but from experience of large corporations - execs sure do like meetings. They spend more time talking about doing stuff then the actual doing of stuff.

The irony is that they work for CBS. A company with a long history of recording content in bulk and then doling it out on a regimented schedule so that their viewers always have something new coming up and don't go looking elseware.

Yeah I changed my post to make me sound like less of an ass hole :\

It's cool. I knew what you meant.

popo

I wonder if Brad beat it. Quite a few of the reviewers say they got stuck and it gets punishing. Must be tough if you are banging your head against one puzzle and you can't run to gamefaqs as a last resort. I have no problem with people posting reviews without finishing, as long as they say how far they got for context.

Patryn

The Witness sounds interesting, and the idea of actually being in on the zeitgeist sounds fun, but I have so much on my backlog, I'm not the hugest fan of puzzle games, and I just started Divinity, so I have a feeling I'm going to miss this wave.

From the very start and it's a half hour long. After I saw something I wouldn't want to find out I quit out. Sounds like it gets crazy complicated which is awesome in my book.

Was it the thing said at about 7:50? Because that seems like a detail you'd rather learn on your own.

I don't know, this probably isn't a game for me unless there's something more than pretty environments and puzzles.

This game on Oculus seems like it would be fantastic.

Wondering though about FP in VR because I read that's a good way to make you sick.
Supposedly Rift support is coming according to Jon Blow. First-person locomotion can be an issue, but it's not bad if you aren't moving quickly.
From the very start and it's a half hour long. After I saw something I wouldn't want to find out I quit out. Sounds like it gets crazy complicated which is awesome in my book.

Perfect!

Myggen

Wow I really like the look of the Witness.

It looks so sharp.

I suck at puzzle games, so hearing that it gets really hard is kinda intimidating. I'll still buy it, but there's no way I'm going to be able to finish it by myself.

The QL is doing a good job at showing the game so far.

KingKong

The part where Brad starts yelling spoilers not just about The Witness but also Life is Strange, Star Wars and Game of Thrones before they cut his mic was pretty weird

Myggen

The part where Brad starts yelling spoilers not just about The Witness but also Life is Strange, Star Wars and Game of Thrones before they cut his mic was pretty weird

I wasn't gonna mention it, but you're right, it was a weird moment.

I don't want to watch the QL because I want to go in blind, but can anyone tell me what they broadly thought of the Witness?

Brad seems to really like it. The QL is the first time Jeff has played it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really think the Game of Thrones season 6 spoilers went too far. Not even GRRM knows what happens.

It looks so sharp.

I suck at puzzle games, so hearing that it gets really hard is kinda intimidating. I'll still buy it, but there's no way I'm going to be able to finish it by myself.

The QL is doing a good job at showing the game so far.

Great call from Brad to have Jeff play it.

Was it the thing said at about 7:50? Because that seems like a detail you'd rather learn on your own.

I don't know, this probably isn't a game for me unless there's something more than pretty environments and puzzles.

Nope it was the moment right around 5 minutes. It's the thing that Jeff stumbles upon. That almost seems like it could be one of those game changing moments or ah ha moments way later in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom