• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us don't have good internet T_T

I don't know what qualifies as "good internet" but even when I was only getting about 750kbps on steam it was still faster than loading from disc, shit's ridiculous.

I'm not saying that retail should go away, but man it really is just laughable

sorry glitches

LiK

uLdjpQy.png

wish you included my reply

the only way I can watch videos during the day is on youtube at 144p and if I let it buffer for at least twice the duration of the video

"only" 750kbps, stump I don't even get that at the fastest this connection goes. I think it caps at 500 during the free zone.

jaina

Great call from Brad to have Jeff play it.
yes rudds, you did good on that. A well done quick look. I think I'll pony up for the Zeitgeist, the price seems justified.
I did not understand Braid but I like the Witness visuals and puzzles without long expositions.

edit: still thinking about the island's art. easy decision for PC over PS4 because of that. (And maybe I can play a couple of hours on my laptop in bed)

meanwhile these days I get 3mbps on my damn cellphone

you'd think it'd be someone's priority to maybe not let half the country have shitty internet

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
When Glithes' email got read on the Bombcast I didn't listen for a couple of weeks, so I spent some time seeing it referenced in here and kept thinking "Weird, I could have sworn he lived in the US" then I caught up and found out he's in the same state as me.

God bless this country.

On the plus side, I'm getting a lot of reading done, and I'm knocking off my single player backlog pretty efficiently.

Yeah, internet shouldn't be a public utility. Think about all those poor ISPs that provide such wonderful service.

Kerbal is still amusing as hell to watch. Just got to the part where Vinny flips the ship upright on the Mun. Since I'm also reading some NASA historical stuff, it's kind of hilarious to compare how relaxed Vinny acts about everything.

FStop7

Banned
Project BEAST can be really tough to watch sometimes. I'm just sitting here at work screaming at my computer screen lol.

I've started kind of "playing along" in Kerbal while playing the Project BEAST vids in the background. The biggest thing I see they're missing is a gantry for their rockets. And that's more the game's fault than theirs: rockets should immediately collapse on the pad if they don't have some kind of supporting structure.

On the plus side, I'm getting a lot of reading done, and I'm knocking off my single player backlog pretty efficiently.

Yeah, internet shouldn't be a public utility. Think about all those poor ISPs that provide such wonderful service.

So do you go to a library or something do download GB videos? Or do you just not watch most of the content?

Strax

I wish you could count on having a time schedule for all the premium podcasts like Alt+F1. Powerbombcast and Danswers was/is big part of me becoming/staying a premium member. Never been a huge UPF fan, I do watch parts of it, and Metal Gear Scanlon was great at first but meh at best now. So for me its Demo Derby, Powerbombcast and Danswers and its been a dry spell at those ends.

So do you go to a library or something do download GB videos? Or do you just not watch most of the content?

I'll almost never see any premium stuff live, things that are uploaded to youtube I'll maybe watch if I'm interested, otherwise I either stay up until the internet clicks over and download it en mass or just skip it if the general interest here isn't hot. Like, the only reason I bothered with UPF was because of how hype the topic was about Mary's bit.

The library thing was a real desperate move on my part to get the internet speeds I used to back home. I've kinda settled into the acceptance stage because I have no other options.

I'll almost never see any premium stuff live, things that are uploaded to youtube I'll maybe watch if I'm interested, otherwise I either stay up until the internet clicks over and download it en mass or just skip it if the general interest here isn't hot. Like, the only reason I bothered with UPF was because of how hype the topic was about Mary's bit.

The library thing was a real desperate move on my part to get the internet speeds I used to back home. I've kinda settled into the acceptance stage because I have no other options.

Man, fuck all that. I would totally put a bunch of videos on a flash drive and mail them to you if you have a PO box or something.

Yeah. At this point I'd start organising some long distance pirate WIFI using parabolic dishes.

Alas I don't need to. I live in the middle of a forest but I have FTTH.

I'm worried that now that I have 300 mbps, I can never go back.

Man, fuck all that. I would totally put a bunch of videos on a flash drive and mail them to you if you have a PO box or something.

Dude it's not like I can't download them. I just have to wait until 12am-5am and then I get about 300kbps. I just can't see them as they're put up (unless I watch it in potato quality on youtube), or watch any livestreams.

Myggen

missing those time of embargo lifting clicks! although their review might get some attention if they post it at a different time than the other reviews. doubt they care about that tho

Jason Schreier has said that at least for Kotaku the "embargo lifting clicks" is largely a myth.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So. I'm going to play the Witness and I'm not sure if I should watch the quick look. Any spoilers? Other than a couple puzzle spoilers I guess.

Open the video and just leave it running minimized, so you just hear the audio. Serves me well at not being spoilered and you can hear Jeff getting hyped up and Brad gushing all over, as well as one ominous OMG moment without spoilering anything.

edit fuck yeah Brad. Will pick this up on lunch break tomorrow, I need it on disc.

well at least, unless nobody's figured it out yet, it doesn't seem like there's a ton to lose by waiting on The Witness. if it's all puzzles and environmental storytelling then it's something that should hold up well past it's initial release/zeitgeist, unlike Fez, for example.

watch me be proven wrong

well at least, unless nobody's figured it out yet, it doesn't seem like there's a ton to lose by waiting on The Witness. if it's all puzzles and environmental storytelling then it's something that should hold up well past it's initial release/zeitgeist, unlike Fez, for example.

watch me be proven wrong

I missed the boat on the fez meta stuff. I just beat the game, then i got some 3d glasses and i was like "neat" but i was already pretty tired of the game and put it down.

I still can't stand it when the "real" game doesn't get underway till you finish it so im hoping that the witness doesn't do that at all. It was one of the things about undertale that rubbed me the wrong way

omgkitty

watch me be proven wrong

I still have no idea what happens at the end of Fez....I know about the anticubes and alphabet and stuff but I also never would have figured that shit out on my own.

I still have no idea what happens at the end of Fez....I know about the anticubes and alphabet and stuff but I also never would have figured that shit out on my own.

well given Phil's attitude towards people in general, it's hard to tell, but I assume the point was that it was meant to be crowdsourced. so if you weren't in the group of people working on the larger puzzles at the time then I feel like you (I) kind of missed out.

this one seems like it's more about a personal sense of accomplishment and discovery and that's actually preferable to me?

daydream

Banned
the witness seems as dope as expected, never had any doubts that game would nail it

shame i have neither the time nor the means to play it atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom