• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything though, I can't deny the Witness looks super pretty. That's gonna be something worth seeing in VR at the least.

I do hope it's a tough lesson they're doing. Hoping you stop having incentive to watch something so terrible.

It's for your own good.

Wrestlemania season tho! It's the best time to start watching.

Lunar FC

Only half way through the new Project Beast ep, but my god have these last couple episodes been a real bummer compared to the previous ones.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
are you gonna keep playing? even after your 14 hour misery session?

...the first thing I did after seeing the ending was go back to one of the earlier areas I hadn't finished and kept working on it.

Word to the wise, keep a late-game save before you go finish it if you want to go back and do other stuff. The game doesn't dump you back out into the world after the ending, and it also kind of aggressively auto-saves over your progress. I'm not actually sure if you could get screwed over by that, but watch out for it.

LiK

...the first thing I did after seeing the ending was go back to one of the earlier areas I hadn't finished and kept working on it.

Word to the wise, keep a late-game save before you go finish it if you want to go back and do other stuff. The game doesn't dump you back out into the world after the ending, and it also kind of aggressively auto-saves over your progress. I'm not actually sure if you could get screwed over by that, but watch out for it.

can you do manual saves?

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really tempted by The Witness but I know that if I buy it I'll give up after a couple of hours.

I know I did with Talos even if I really liked it.

Only half way through the new Project Beast ep, but my god have these last couple episodes been a real bummer compared to the previous ones.

I am still enjoying it but it feels like they decided off camera they need to drag this feature out longer after that early episode when they successfully landed on the moon.

Lunar FC

I am still enjoying it but it feels like they decided off camera they need to drag this feature out a longer after that early episode when they successfully landed on the moon.

That's what makes it so frustrating. If they managed to accomplish their goals they could of then tried to go to other planets or something of the sort. Now they're just fumbling with a terrible new ship.

popo

I am still enjoying it but it feels like they decided off camera they need to drag this feature out longer after that early episode when they successfully landed on the moon.

I doubt it. They still have to get someone back alive from the moon and then there are other planets.

i feel like jeff did with MGSV where i kinda just want to know the big twist(s) already because i don't want to be distracted by it while i play the witness

i think they realized that they only had a solid enough plan to get to the moon but not good enough to actually get back. Theyre working on it, which requires making new ships, testing them out, and seeing if their builds work out by doing some launches

these things take time

if anything, the one rando episode where they tried to rescue someone is the only "filler" episode we've had and the results of that one were excellent

but i suppose we can make a skip list for the series as it winds down, like they do for our favorite japanese animes

Dineren

Banned

It seems to me more like they lucked out with their initial ship and have tried to iterate without having any idea what the flaws were. Personally, I'm still really enjoying it. It's probably my favorite regular content they put out.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

thanks for letting me know about this.

This january and februari are nuts. So many games I'm interested in, so little time. The Witness, Dragon's Dogma, Firewatch, Darkest Dungeon, XCOM 2, Unravel, Street Fighter V, Oxenfree, Fire Emblem Fates.. Can we get a GOTQ1 award podcast?

I'm getting The Witness and SFV as I feel those are the games where getting in at day 1 is most valuable to me. For The Witness, I want to be there for the collective note-sharing puzzle journey. For SFV, I hope I won't get my ass handed to me quite as hard if I start alongside other newcomers, rather than join in months later.

Lunar FC

This january and februari are nuts. So many games I'm interested in, so little time. The Witness, Dragon's Dogma, Firewatch, Darkest Dungeon, XCOM 2, Unravel, Street Fighter V, Oxenfree, Fire Emblem Fates.. Can we get a GOTQ1 award podcast?

I'm getting The Witness and SFV as I feel those are the games where getting in at day 1 is most valuable for me (The Witness for the collective note-sharing puzzle journey, SFV for not getting the shit kicked out of me quite as hard).

Remembered yesterday how close we are to Firewatch. So damn hyped. Wish they gave us a price already though.

I'm getting The Witness and SFV as I feel those are the games where getting in at day 1 is most valuable to me. For The Witness, I want to be there for the collective note-sharing puzzle journey. For SFV, I hope I won't get my ass handed to me quite as hard if I start alongside other newcomers, rather than join in months later.
I forgot that SFV was so soon, looking forward to that if only because I don't know that I've ever really played a fighting game at launch.

This january and februari are nuts. So many games I'm interested in, so little time. The Witness, Dragon's Dogma, Firewatch, Darkest Dungeon, XCOM 2, Unravel, Street Fighter V, Oxenfree, Fire Emblem Fates.. Can we get a GOTQ1 award podcast?.

Don't forget about Digimon! Cyber Sleuth gonna be so good

Nice to see newcomers jumping into the crowd. SFV is definitely a much more friendlier game than any Street Fighter in the past, though it'll still require lots of hard work, training, and tolerance for a ton of losses if you wanna get any good at it.

I forgot that SFV was so soon, looking forward to that if only because I don't know that I've ever really played a fighting game at launch.

Fighting game launches are always a great time.

Lunar FC

Literally all I know about Firewatch is a picture of a lookout tower in the middle of a pinewood forest. And that's all I need to be certain I have to play that game.

That's been my wallpaper for months.

edit: lmao at how they managed to right their ship that was just laying on the moon surface. :p

Fighting game launches are always a great time.

That's cool to hear, I suck at them and I'd like to actually try getting better at one and launch seems like the best time to do so.

I gotta wait on the general consensus for Xcom 2. It looks damn good but I remember some real weird technical hitches in Xcom.

Yeah Enemy Unknown was really buggy at launch, hopefully the delay and being pc only makes XCOM 2 less buggy.

That's cool to hear, I suck at them and I'd like to actually try getting better at one and launch seems like the best time to do so.

Street Fighter draws a larger crowd than any other game besides maybe MK, though I don't think its a stretch to predict that SFV will probably be more popular.

Either way, there's gonna be a bunch of newcomers to the game to help practice with and hopefully the proper training tools will be there to help new players reach the higher level now that the execution barrier has been toned down.

tchocky

Metal Gear Scanlon V - Part 19
Video - Thursday at 5:00 AM

2819034-mgsv19.jpg

Dineren

Banned
Even though a lot of people apparently don't like it, I'm glad it's continuing. It feels like they have come too far not to finish it up.

to think, dan didn't even own an amiibo when MGScanlon first started

Even though a lot of people apparently don't like it, I'm glad it's continuing. It feels like they have come too far not to finish it up.

this has been the weakest "season" by far, sure, but yeah i want them to finish. I want drew to see through the looking glass like the rest of us did

yami4ct

Watching Project BEAST. Boy, Vinny still can't get a flat orbit. Surprised he hasn't gotten his turning down. Really needs to nail that before they can even think of harder maneuvers.

They're stopping at the first ending of MGSV, right?

I highly doubt it. It's only like 5-10 more hours anyway to get the second ending if you know what you're doing.

yeah, especially after the preview you get at the end of chapter 1, that shit should've hyped anyone to see it through to the end.

Naw, i wont except anything less than the "true" ending and also them checking out Chapter 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom